The Flash (2022)

Started by Shasvre, Jun 22, 2020, 06:48:10 PM

Author
The Flash (2022) (Read 6,875 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Michael Keaton to Play Batman in Ezra Miller's Flashpoint Movie

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/michael-keaton-batman-the-flash-flashpoint-movie/

Fantastic news! :o

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Interesting... I would love to see this play out in a sort of Batman Beyond fashion. I used to love that show as a kid.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Shasvre on Jun 22, 2020, 06:48:10 PM

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/michael-keaton-batman-the-flash-flashpoint-movie/

Fantastic news! :o

Super excited if true, but Oy. The way "journalists" write headlines these days...

"Keaton is in talks to play Bruce Wayne in the film but the deal has not yet be completed to bring him in to the film just yet."

I guess more accurately saying "in talks to Play Batman" isn't just exciting enough.  ::)

j0nesy

j0nesy

didn't realize ezra miller still had a career after that choking incident ???

i'm all for more michael keaton, in anything! he was a great bruce wayne/batman

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: j0nesy on Jun 22, 2020, 07:43:55 PM
didn't realize ezra miller still had a career after that choking incident ???

Indeed. However, the inclusion of Ezra Miller's Flash to Crisis on Infinite Earths was a smart move in terms of unifying the DC universe.

RidleyScott99

RidleyScott99

Michael Keaton needs Tim Burton back. Tim Burton's Gotham was The GOAT

Stitch

Stitch

The Guardian is saying he's going to be playing the same Batman from 1989

QuoteThe Flash is set to be directed by It film-maker Andy Muschietti after Dope's Rick Famuyiwa left the project in 2016. The plot will allegedly ignore the two Joel Schumacher Batman films and continue on after Batman Returns.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

"The plot will allegedly ignore the two Joel Schumacher Batman films and continue on after Batman Returns."

Music to my ears.

RidleyScott99

RidleyScott99

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 23, 2020, 07:28:08 PM
"The plot will allegedly ignore the two Joel Schumacher Batman films and continue on after Batman Returns."

Music to my ears.
Then, they need Michelle Pfeiffer

Stitch

Stitch

I've just done some postulating on The Batman thread, and I came up with this:

QuoteThe Flash is set to be directed by It film-maker Andy Muschietti after Dope's Rick Famuyiwa left the project in 2016. The plot will allegedly ignore the two Joel Schumacher Batman films and continue on after Batman Returns.

Which means it's the Batman 1989 universe.  :o

However, since Alexander Knox was in Crisis on Infinite Earths, that universe got destroyed. Ezra Miller's Flash was in Crisis, so it stands to reason it's canon of some kind. So... I don't even know where I'm going with this.

Maybe Flashpoint will reference the Crisis, and Ezra Miller's Flash will go back to a point before Crisis happened, and blow the whole multiverse wide open again?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Personally I'd much rather have a straightforward Flash movie than jump right into something huge like Flashpoint. And I'm not really wild about the comic, either. But who knows, maybe WB can pull off what Marvel did with Civil War and turn a crummy event comic into a good movie.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

I'd much rather see a full-blown Burton/Keaton reunion film than relegating him to a supporting role in a Flash movie they're so desperate for people to care about.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I care.  :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 24, 2020, 01:34:28 AM
Personally I'd much rather have a straightforward Flash movie than jump right into something huge like Flashpoint. And I'm not really wild about the comic, either. But who knows, maybe WB can pull off what Marvel did with Civil War and turn a crummy event comic into a good movie.

DC are trying to rush into the big stories and its too their detriment so far.

ace3g

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed