Hellraiser remake

Started by Ratchetcomand, Sep 15, 2007, 03:01:24 PM

Author
Hellraiser remake (Read 25,965 times)

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

im glad i lived through the 90s when new movies were still made, peaked by the matrix in 1999.

Irony being that the Matrix was ripped off several old ideas XD

Someone let me know when they finish a remake that is better than the classic on the first try.

fluxcap

fluxcap

Quote from: Noir-Gojira on Oct 11, 2007, 12:30:05 AM
Irony being that the Matrix ripped off several old ideas XD
Here's one major player in that argument.
http://imdb.com/title/tt0118929/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_City_%281998_film%29

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

Well, I was thinking more of Socrates' Allegory of the Cave and maybe even the Crucifixion of Christ, but sure, that works too.

Gates

Gates

Quote from: fluxcap on Oct 11, 2007, 12:35:27 AM
Here's one major player in that argument.
http://imdb.com/title/tt0118929/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_City_%281998_film%29

Hell yeah...they even used sets that were never destroyed from when Dark City was filmed...

Gates

Gates

The directors speak...from what they are saying, this movie could go either way...it's encouraging to hear that they are not doing a standard remake, but it's not encouraging to hear that Pinhead is being recast...

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=6186&count=0

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: Gates on Oct 13, 2007, 07:48:56 AM
The directors speak...from what they are saying, this movie could go either way...it's encouraging to hear that they are not doing a standard remake, but it's not encouraging to hear that Pinhead is being recast...

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=6186&count=0

It annoys me though when people jump the gun and is like, "Oh my god, they are remaking another great movie! This is gonna be horrible!"

From what I gathered it isn't a remake. Its kinda like the old Friday the 13th idea they never used, which is making a movie completely different than the others but placing it right in the middle of the film timelines.

So simply its called Hellraiser to make it not really a sequel, just another Hellraiser story. Somethings are changing, like the new Pinhead for example.

Sounds good to me. It never sounded bad anyways.  8)

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

not encouraging to hear that Pinhead is being recast...

That's the ultimate in bad decisions they could have made. If they wanted someone else, then they should have just done a different Cenobite. That guy owned the role, right from the very beginning. Even when there was a more or less bad story, the character performance was amazing.

The only other person I could imagine doing as well could be Tim Curry, due to the 'Legend' portrayal.

Gates

Gates

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Oct 15, 2007, 02:03:29 AM
The only other person I could imagine doing as well could be Tim Curry, due to the 'Legend' portrayal.

That was by far his best role...well that and his little stint on the '94 TV show Earth 2...I loved that show...too bad it was canceled...

Huol

Huol

That's the ultimate in bad decisions they could have made. If they wanted someone else, then they should have just done a different Cenobite. That guy owned the role, right from the very beginning. Even when there was a more or less bad story, the character performance was amazing.

f**k!
They can't have Pinhead without Doug...
*trashes house*

Jesus christ!!! *throws chair over, breaks kittens necks*
Man...
The only way i see "pinhead" working is with Doug Bradley or... As the cenobite "he" was in the book. Which was more of a woman than a man.

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: Huol on Oct 15, 2007, 07:11:56 AM

f**k!
They can't have Pinhead without Doug...
*trashes house*

Jesus christ!!! *throws chair over, breaks kittens necks*
Man...
The only way i see "pinhead" working is with Doug Bradley or... As the cenobite "he" was in the book. Which was more of a woman than a man.

Yeah, I'm not exactly happy about that as well. Well I'm going to meet Doug Bradly at this haunted house soon! I'll have him autogragh my 2 disc set of Hellraiser and Hellbound:Hellraiser2!

But who knows, maby this new guy can make a great alternate view of Pinhead. I mean many people have played the character of Michael Myers and Jason Voorhees and many have done great jobs. Some might stand out more than others. Now Robert Englund as Freddy Krueger.. There's just no replacement unless it was just a different movie like this Hellraiser is going to be.

SM

SM

Michael Myers and Jason Voorhees (like Leatherface) are hidden behind masks making it very simple for other to play the part.  Pinhead isn't.  His face is Doug Bradley's face.

Fans would be pissed, but the original film was long enough ago for a mainstream audience not to care either way.

The Demon

The Demon

First off, its not just the face, but also the coregraghy as well. Michael has this almost robotic movement which shows he's possed by something concluding he is just the shape. (well for the original Halloween's) Jason was simular but more human than Michael.

It isn't too hard to get a pale blank face like Pinhead. I know Doug plays the part so well but what I was trying to say is, its possibly to find someone else who can do a good job playing Pinhead.

As for Leatherface-
Everyone who played Leatherface did a great job except for the man that played him in part3. Maby it was just the look of Leatherface.. Something threw me off though. It was just too obvous that he was trying to be menacing and scary. I never got the feeling, "oh my god, that lunitic is going to slaughter them with that saw!" instead I got, "He tries too hard." Next Generation or Part 4 has Robert Jacks (RIP) who plays Leatherface in a very angry maniac angle - more like the original's but just done more therally. People may not agree about Bill Johnson's work (part2) because of the script.. How  Leatherface gets into silly personal sitautions in the movie - if they didn't have those moments it would be clearer that Bill protrays Leatherface exellenty. You got that he was a demented retarded creep with a chainsaw which Leatherface really was acording to The Texas Chainsaw Massacre's director, Tobe Hooper.

SM

SM

QuoteFirst off, its not just the face, but also the coregraghy as well. Michael has this almost robotic movement which shows he's possed by something concluding he is just the shape. (well for the original Halloween's) Jason was simular but more human than Michael.

And that choregraphy is very easy to mimic - especially when you all you're really doing is miming rather than having to actually act at the same time.  Similar to different people playing an Alien or a Predator.  Two different people played Boba Fett in ESB and no one knew the difference (well almost no one).  And then someone else again played him for the SE's.

Hardcore Jason or Michael fans may be able to spot subtle differences between different performers, but the general public won't.  And similarly - as I already said - the general public probably won't pick up that Pinhead isn't Doug Bradley this time around.  The first film is the only one that ever approached being mainstream and it was 20 years ago.  They could very well get away with it.

ShadowPred

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I just hope it dons't suck, i mean i would like to see a good remake for once. Hellraiser is a great movie and i hope they ruin it like they did with Psycho!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed