Avatar the Last Airbender..and I don't mean the cartoon!!

Started by ShadowPred, May 22, 2008, 10:47:11 PM

Author
Avatar the Last Airbender..and I don't mean the cartoon!! (Read 13,345 times)

Cetanu

Cetanu

Quote from: Kaworu on Apr 28, 2009, 02:58:16 AM

Not to...contradict you, but a lot of people I've talked to classify it as "American Anime", which is not true anime like Death Note or Higorashi No Nashi Koro Ni ( I probably spelled that terribly wrong; not an Anime fan) :D

Sgt.Torque Reikan

Sgt.Torque Reikan

Quote from: wolfboy22 on Jan 07, 2009, 12:03:04 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0938283/

M. Night Shyamalan is directing the live action adaption to the show Avatar: The Last Airbender.

One word.....

why?

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Well if another article that I read many, many months to go is anything to go by...it's simply because Shyamalan wanted to make it....not joking, just because he felt like it.

wolfboy22

wolfboy22

Cetanu

ShadowPred

Awgustas

Awgustas

Uhh... Hollywood... It dissapoints me so...

genocyber

genocyber

Aang looks kind of chubby and why isnt Zuko bald and scarred?

Huol

Huol

Quote from: genocyber on May 23, 2009, 05:19:53 AM
Aang looks kind of chubby and why isnt Zuko bald and scarred?

It's probably before he's scarred.

I don't watch the show, but I'm familiar enough with it to know that Aang wears orange and has a blue tattoo.

Looks like another dragonball to me.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Looks better than what Dragonball did, but I agree, it's inevitable that this will become another Dragonball movie.

Aeus

Aeus

Is it just me or does Anime/Manga tend not to lend itself as well to Cinema as Cartoons/Comics do?

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Anime is hard to make a movie out of. Animes like Evangelion, Akira and Hellsing can work in live action since their not as silly then Dragon Ball or Speed Racer.

wolfboy22

wolfboy22

Dev Patel as Zuko

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I believe I have seen this character in the show, and if he's the same one that i'm thinking about right now, I don't see how this movie can fail in making the character's looking almost like thier cartoon counterparts...so far doing a helluva lot better in this depertment than Dragonball: Evolution ever did....because at least in this movie they are trying.

ShadowPred

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed