Alien Isolation: PC vs Console Performance

Started by Darkness, Oct 12, 2014, 03:20:40 PM

Author
Alien Isolation: PC vs Console Performance (Read 14,515 times)

jimbob30

jimbob30

loving isolation.the only problem colonial marines had on 360 even though the game is really bad anyway is the screen tearing other than that it performs better on 360 the ps3 version looks a little bit better and only by a fraction the game is the worst aliens game i have ever played order goes alien isolation avp and colonial marines

thecaffeinatedone

6 gbs of ram here along with a 2gb HD 6970 and a Phenom II 965 x4 (3.4 ghz). Am able to run the game well at Ultra settings, vertical sync on at 1080p, provided anti-aliasing is off. Once or twice it dipped below 30 fps but usually it played at around 40 to 70 fps. Gotta say I like a game that's properly optimized for PC.

newbeing

I was really surprised (and pleased) with how well the game ran on my GTX 460 SE with everything on ultra.
Tried playing the game with jankity downsampling on my 1080p display 3840 x 2160. Framerate definitely took a hit, but was still very playable.

what name mine

what name mine

this game is good and my personal graphical highlight this year..why .if u are able to play that game with 2560:1440 and more downsampled to full hd with maximum Supersampling max texture filter vsync and everything maxed to the end via ur garphic driver ..then this game has an overall look like a real Animated pixar Film u see on tv. but just with bad mean aliens.. only PC 8)

Predboy

Quote from: Darkness on Oct 12, 2014, 03:20:40 PM
but the PS3 seems to be the worst platform to play the game on.

Oh it definitely is. I can't stand playing the game anymore because of how many times I have to deal with game play and audio lag completely ruining the experience for me. As if that wasn't enough but there's also the occasional floating items in the sky as well as disappearing walls that make me feel like I've been suddenly shot out into space.

Darkness

To be fair, we're the ones running old consoles but yeah, those kinds of bugs should have been caught at QA testing.

Predboy

I've decided to give the game a break and wait for a patch to get released. I've been visiting the game's forum site and the creators say that they're still working on a fix to the problems. Hopefully it can get finished and released soon as I still haven't had my full fix of Alien Isolation goodness yet.

Darkness

Yeah, all seems a bit bizarre. The patch should have been out within the first week, not a month or so later. Maybe they're trying to save money. I heard you have to pay Sony tens of thousands $$$ to release a single PS3 patch.

Xhan

10 grand a region

Predboy

According to this article it costs a damn load of money.

http://kotaku.com/5884842/wait-it-costs-40000-to-patch-a-console-game

Darkness

It's really small potatoes when you think how much revenue a publisher makes from a game. Even something like Isolation isn't going to sell millions of copies but it'll still make Sega a profit. Games are so damn expensive to buy these days.

JayHy17

This game looks fantastic on PS4! I'm very impressed with the visuals. I would love to see CA do another one.

WinterActual

This topic is pointless because the game is locked to 30 fps on both consoles, which eliminates any reason for doing performance comparison. Non capped frame rate on PC against 30 fps cap on the consoles, what comparison you are talking about? ..

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed