Odd Studio makeup team on Mad Max Oscar win and Alien: Covenant effects

Started by Stolen, Mar 29, 2016, 05:47:54 AM

Author
Odd Studio makeup team on Mad Max Oscar win and Alien: Covenant effects (Read 9,014 times)

locusta

Just hope that most of the effects are practical ones and allot of suit action with good way of shooting it.  Thumbs up to Odd Studio, very happy for You guys and be terrific as usual!

Corporal Hicks

Whatever it's flaws, I don't think Prometheus' effects were bad regardless of whether they were practical or CG. Though I will always love to see practical effects.  :)

XENOMORPHOSIS

If you've seen the behind the scenes documentary furious gods the Deacon Puppet did kinda of come across as stoic in terms of natural fluid movement.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/prometheus/images/8/8c/Deacon_prop.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130227185716

In the final film thy clearly applied cgi.

Is it just of matter of how many takes they took they felt that it didn't quite look convincing, or could it have been just to be on the safe side?

Scott had a tough time filming the Chestburster Scene form the original Alien, set up, timing, technical difficulties ect but though it was clearly a puppet your caught in the moment and believe that the puppet is a real creature, they used the right angles and timing capturing the scene perfectly.

It is just a matter of Lighting the Set, not wanting to resort to footage which differs from the story boards and High Definition Footage makes it harder to convey the old tricks of practical effects to work?

While I myself and not apposed to them applying cgi, I suggest they use it accordingly, or else we'll get what happened to The Thing 2011 prequel, with all the practical effects erased by the cgi.

Richman678

I just didn't want to see ADI get involved with this one. I hated the creature designs for A:Res and the AVP movies. (It's because they gave the Aliens a grin...i hate it when they grin)

Corporal Hicks

Assuming they actually get told to design something more akin to the biomechanical Alien, I have nothing but confidence that they'd be able to do it and execute it perfectly. I say it again and again but they got far too much flak.

Tom Woodruff also posted this on Facebook last night...

QuoteMeeting at Fox. #coolproject #pfx #secret no #spoiler. It's what we live for. #moretocome #adi #studioadi

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed