Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 102,819 times)

Immortan Jonesy

The future is biomechanical! ;D

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on May 22, 2023, 12:24:15 AMHe already got to redesign other forms of the Alien, so I guess something completely new, or perhaps a Queen.

A new Queen design would be welcome for me, in fact I would have liked to see David's version before the third prequel was left in development hell.

skhellter

skhellter

:laugh: Love Dane. He needs to be a bit more careful in social media. Shhh!

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on May 22, 2023, 12:24:15 AMHe already got to redesign other forms of the Alien, so I guess something completely new, or perhaps a Queen.

i'm thinking he got to redesign the alien for all stages of the lifecycle (including the queen).

Don't think they'll go with "something we haven't seen" here.. unless.. maybe. a ultramorph?

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 22, 2023, 01:52:23 AMA new Queen design would be welcome for me, in fact I would have liked to see David's version before the third prequel was left in development hell.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, I can corroborate that one.

426Buddy

426Buddy

ffs

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Interesting....

Makes the Alien: Isolation influence (and the Aliens-era WY logo, since there's definitely wiggle room now to say this is set after the logo changed over) on the set design feel all the more apt, too.

skhellter

skhellter

....are we gonna get some Seegson/Sevastopol references?

Still Collating...

At least it's not a prequel to Alien anymore, we're making progress, right? :laugh:

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Still Collating... on May 28, 2023, 10:13:53 PMAt least it's not a prequel to Alien anymore, we're making progress, right? :laugh:

Noah Hawley has entered the chat

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Now that we have a rough timeframe, is it too early to start speculating about the origin of the film's Aliens/Eggs?

By my estimation, they could be from LV-426 (as was the case in Alien: Isolation), they could come from David/the Covenant, or (probably the most likely option) they could simply be discovered on whatever new world this film is (partially?) set on.

Spoiler
Since we seemingly have a crew of salvagers in this film, having them retrieve Eggs from (or get infected while investing) the long-since-abandoned Covenant could be neat.
[close]

Necronomicon II

It'll all make sense to everyone in good time... 😉

Nightmare Asylum

Romulus created the Aliens after killing Remus, got it!

xShadowFoxX

Just saw the post of it taking place between Alien and Aliens. I'm not sure how I feel about that probably because I'm wary of a possible saturation effect in that era.

DaveT937

DaveT937

So... this is the fall of Hadley's Hope then?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed