AvP: Requiem on PSP

Started by Wweyland, Jun 10, 2018, 06:36:16 PM

Author
AvP: Requiem on PSP (Read 6,002 times)

Wweyland

Wweyland

Anyone play this? I actually got this working well on an emulator (although the controls are a bit clunky).
It might actually be better than the movie as the levels are very well lit :)
It reminds me of Predator: Concrete Jungle as you get to tear shit up as a badass Predator in semi-open environments.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Wweyland on Jun 10, 2018, 06:36:16 PM
Anyone play this? I actually got this working well on an emulator (although the controls are a bit clunky).
It might actually be better than the movie as the levels are very well lit :)
It reminds me of Predator: Concrete Jungle as you get to tear shit up as a badass Predator in semi-open environments.

I've only played AVP Evolution and Predators, which seem fairly similar.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

It's a repetitive button masher movie tie in.

It's okay. I know at least two people who bought a PSP just o play it and were immensely dissappointed.

The ending is dog shit. No predalien, no queen. You just fight a chopper and then see the queen get nuked. The End.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

For what it is - which was a movie tie-in in an age where movie tie-ins are lazy and slapped together - it was pretty fun. It wasn't anything special but it was probably a more entertaining play than Colonial Marines.

Stitch

Stitch

It was short, easy, and the ending sucked.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

I will give it props for looking pretty good. It's got one of the better implementations of vision modes and cloak that we've ever had in an AVP game.

lost dragon

lost dragon

I asked Rebellion about it when i was on RVG forum :

Myself:

AVP PSP, really put together in under 5 weeks? Or media myth?.

Jason Kingsley

Yup 5 weeks from start to finish with an existing engine in place and lots of retained knowledge. They even managed to make us change the end game boss to avoid film spoilers, then release the film trailer complete with spoilers in it anyway.

So to be far,whilst it is awful...i have it in my PSP collection, there are reasons why it's so awful.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: lost dragon on Jun 11, 2018, 08:10:43 PM
They even managed to make us change the end game boss to avoid film spoilers, then release the film trailer complete with spoilers in it anyway.

lol avoid film spoiler? The R rated trailer of the movie had already spoiled the whole thing, including the final fight and the bombing. A predalien as the final boss would be better.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Are there any actual boss fights in the game?

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Wweyland on Jun 11, 2018, 09:10:38 PM
Are there any actual boss fights in the game?

Just the helicopter.

I think there's a tank at one point that could be considered a mini boss, but i'm not sure on that. Could just be my senile old age catching up with me.

There are basically two types of alien(adult and something that looks sorta kinda like a Praetorian), some towns folk, and the national guard. That's it.

PsyKore

PsyKore

I think I played the first level of this game but couldn't be bothered doing the rest. It's definitely better than the movie, but so is being punched in the face.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Will probably try to finish this as it's not that long (about 3 hours from gameplay videos).

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: lost dragon on Jun 11, 2018, 08:10:43 PM
I asked Rebellion about it when i was on RVG forum :

Myself:

AVP PSP, really put together in under 5 weeks? Or media myth?.

Jason Kingsley

Yup 5 weeks from start to finish with an existing engine in place and lots of retained knowledge. They even managed to make us change the end game boss to avoid film spoilers, then release the film trailer complete with spoilers in it anyway.

So to be far,whilst it is awful...i have it in my PSP collection, there are reasons why it's so awful.
Impressive. Shit game, but impressive that they cobbeled this together in weeks.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

For a quick bashed together game it was reasonably entertaining.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

I have seen clips of it, it reminds me a little of Predator concrete jungle.

Also the idea of the infestation being caused by facehuggers rather then Chet is better, I hated that new life-cycle.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed