AvPGalaxy Interviews Gearbox Software

Started by ikarop, Apr 03, 2012, 01:00:16 PM

Author
AvPGalaxy Interviews Gearbox Software (Read 11,243 times)

predxeno

QuoteAvPGalaxy – How are Gearbox going to ensure we keep picking up the controller to replay Colonial Marines? What sort of re-playability does the game have?

Gearbox Software – We want to make sure the game is engaging and has lots of replay value to it, so we're experimenting with a variety of approaches to create more long-term engagement than typically seen in a first-person shooter. The upgrades and perks you choose to unlock across the campaign, cooperative and competitive modes are a major part of this and something that we'll be talking much more about later on.

This is what interests me the most.  I've never extensively played CoD so I'm not completely sure how perks affect the game, but I hope it'll be better than just unlocking new skins like in AVP2010.

Byohzrd

so multiplayer info this sunday? FINALLY. still hoping for Aliens vs Marines play mode

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: ikarop on Apr 03, 2012, 01:00:16 PM
Unfortunately, mainly due to time and resources constraints, just a few of the questions that were submitted have been answered.
I totally did NOT see that coming. ::) Was wondering whatever happened to our little Q&A session with GB.

Why is it devs NEVER answer questions regarding concerns with (even blatant) lore and authenticity problems? "We f**ked this up, but we're not going to correct it. We're just going to pretend it didn't happen or say it was in the best interest of 'game-play'. Yes, that'll do." :D

I'm really looking forward to info on multi-player. ;D

RagingDragon

Sorry this is a brain outburst, but reading those game modes made me think of how utterly cool it would be to make an aspect of the competitive mode the campaign mode but with player-controlled xenos mixed in to the horde.

I would applaud.

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Remonster on Apr 03, 2012, 06:18:56 PM
Quote from: HicksUSCM on Apr 03, 2012, 04:16:13 PM
I am disappointed. "There was no time" is not an excuse for answering 7 out of more than 20 questions. If you are a dev working on this title you will know every detail about it. Its about matter of 20-30 min at best to answer 30 questions and this can be done if that dev went into the WC with his laptop and answer them while he do his job. And this is for about half hour of ONE DAY, but they got about month or so to answer the questions and still they managed just 7. I can't believe this  >:(

It's not that they couldn't answer the questions. They literally cannot answer them. Video Game marketing is planned out in a very specific way, and developers can get into a lot of trouble if they reveal things early.

Some people don't get that. It happens with every game yet they complain each time it happens.

King Rathalos

My excitement is officially back, now lets just keep hoping the final product is just as good as they're saying. ;D

JRZNIN

I hope this isn't going to be a pure linear mess.  I hope when he meant you can use sentry guns anywhere he means not just in that area where we want you to use them.  Let me make my own cinematic gameplay by letting me weld any and every door in the place.  Not just when the icon pops up to press square to weld THIS door cause it's scripted this way.  Im going back into my home made cryotube again for a while.  And hope for the best.

shadowedge

Competitive multiplayer and the ability to place sentry guns anywhere = good!!!

I would love it if they made the multiplayer like that of the game Killing Floor for the PC. Weld doors closed and work together against wave after wave of aliens. Different people have different classes and perks. Each level is inside of a building but you can move anywhere in the building.

WinterActual

Quote from: Remonster on Apr 03, 2012, 06:18:56 PM
Quote from: HicksUSCM on Apr 03, 2012, 04:16:13 PM
I am disappointed. "There was no time" is not an excuse for answering 7 out of more than 20 questions. If you are a dev working on this title you will know every detail about it. Its about matter of 20-30 min at best to answer 30 questions and this can be done if that dev went into the WC with his laptop and answer them while he do his job. And this is for about half hour of ONE DAY, but they got about month or so to answer the questions and still they managed just 7. I can't believe this  >:(

It's not that they couldn't answer the questions. They literally cannot answer them. Video Game marketing is planned out in a very specific way, and developers can get into a lot of trouble if they reveal things early.
There is no point of hiding game features which can sale your game. If you reveal the game features earlier - the more people will get hooked. ACM will be released without many people to know about it, because there is no info or any videos so far (I don't count the TWO total videos, not representing all aspects of the game). This is very wrong marketing way - because of keeping your never-seen-before features to fail your own game's sales. AvP 2010 released many videos before the release and sold good. That good its the best selling AvP game to date. ACM will be released in shadow and sale poorly, then we will never see ACM 2. Its just lost cause  ;) I am still willing to see the competitive multiplayer modes tho  :)

newbeing

Quote from: Byohzrd on Apr 03, 2012, 06:44:40 PM
so multiplayer info this sunday? FINALLY. still hoping for Aliens vs Marines play mode

Previews from the press release last week are being released today.

predxeno

I totally cannot wait for this game to come out.  I want it NOW!!!!!!!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed