"This Is No Hunting Trip, This Is War," Aliens vs. Predator War Discussion - AvP Galaxy Podcast #99

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 23, 2019, 05:53:49 PM

Author
"This Is No Hunting Trip, This Is War," Aliens vs. Predator War Discussion - AvP Galaxy Podcast #99 (Read 6,198 times)

Corporal Hicks

We have just uploaded the 99th episode of the Alien vs. Predator Galaxy Podcast (right-click and save as to download)! We’re seeing 2019 out with our traditional Alien vs. Predator episode focused, and we’re following on from last year’s look at the original Aliens vs. Predator with a look at the sequel, War!

Corporal Hicks, RidgeTop and Xenomorphine are back to talk Machiko’s humanity, Predator traditions, Mobile Assault ExoWarrior, sequels, PredAliens that aren’t PredAliens,  and plenty more including a little “Year In Review” type segment!

We would just like to thank everyone out there who has been listening to the podcast, and to everyone who has written in with comments or questions! We hope you’ll return for everything we’ve got in store in 2020!

What did you think of our latest episode? Be sure to let us know down below! You can also listen to any of our previous episodes in the Podcast section under the News tab on the main menu. The Alien vs. Predator Galaxy Podcast is also available via iTunesPodBean, GooglePlay StitcherYouTube and now Spotify! Please be sure to leave a review on whichever platform you're using!

Keep a close eye on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on Alien and Predator! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter and Instagram to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

TheSailingRabbit

Special interview next year?

Spoiler
Please tell me this is the Rolston one we're doing.
[close]

Corporal Hicks

No, I aiming for later for that one. Episode 100 is related to AvP2.

Kradan

You've got to interview one of developers, haven't you ?

Corporal Hicks

Kradan

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 24, 2019, 07:58:40 AM
No, I aiming for later for that one. Episode 100 is related to AvP2.

Going to grab the popcorn and geek out to that one.

Used to thrash the sh*t out of AVP-2 Multiplayer during 2008 (reminded by avp-requiem) and then 2012 (reminded by prometheus).

Be sure to mention
- talk of primal hunt
- saviour mod
- maybe set a date for a avp-2 saviour mod avp-g reunion deathmatch?

Corporal Hicks

It's already been recorded, I'm afraid. No Primal Hunt talk iirc. It was a completely different developer.

Kradan

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 28, 2019, 05:29:56 PM
It's already been recorded, I'm afraid. No Primal Hunt talk iirc. It was a completely different developer.

NOOOOOOOOOO !

Spoiler
I'm kidding .
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Kradan

I've read it through once. Pretty much agree with your opinions, guys. Part 1 (capturing the Queen) was great but Part 2 was ... not so. And I really didn't like artwork in Part 2. Just look at these Aliens, just look at them ! Too cartoony for me.

But I like that this comic essentualy said " f**k you " to what you expected after reading first AvP. No matter how hard Machiko try, no matter what she do - she can't be a Predator, she still a human, they won't accept her 'cause of that  and there's no two ways about it .

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Kradan on Dec 29, 2019, 01:52:16 PM
But I like that this comic essentualy said " f**k you " to what you expected after reading first AvP. No matter how hard Machiko try, no matter what she do - she can't be a Predator, she still a human, they won't accept her 'cause of that  and there's no two ways about it .

I think that was inevitable, but I still feel the journey missed seeing her actual enjoying what she did. I mean we see in War #0 that shes still f**king badass, but she's not shown as enjoying her decision. I'm hoping we actually get to visit that year at some point.

Wysps

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 30, 2019, 09:02:54 AM
Quote from: Kradan on Dec 29, 2019, 01:52:16 PM

I think that was inevitable, but I still feel the journey missed seeing her actual enjoying what she did. I mean we see in War #0 that shes still f**king badass, but she's not shown as enjoying her decision. I'm hoping we actually get to visit that year at some point.

Yes, the whole "reluctant warrior" persona is definitely contrary to her mindful decision to join in the first place.  I think that glossing over does a disservice to her, imo.  She got bit by the badasstitude and wanted more!

Corporal Hicks

I mean I've got nothing wrong with her deciding to rejoin humanity. I think that kind of thing was genuinely inevitable, and War does go a good job at showing the Predators pushing her over the edge. It just feels unsatisfying, not seeing her enjoy her decision at all.

426Buddy

AvP War #0  was the first alien/predator comic I ever personally owned. I was 9 years old in May 1995 and I happened to see it on a magazine stand at the local grocery shop. I was already a huge fan of the films and the few times I did actually come across an Alien comic, I wasn't able to get them.

I didn't even know AvP was an actual thing until I saw the cover that day. It kickstarted my obsession with the comics and graphic novels so its a pretty special memory. That first issue blew my mind, it was bliss lol. Then the rest of the series was just not the same even though I still thought it was cool. (I actually missed out on the 3rd issue and didnt aqcuire it for  another 15 years lol). Not long after I  started picking up the Dark Horse Classics reprint of AvP with the bad cover art, at the same grocery store. Then I got Aliens: Outbreak TPB and it just kept snowballing from there. I'll tell you it was not easy collecting alien/predator stuff as a kid in the 90's, especially in a rural area. I remember ordering comics in the mail, took months lol.

I'll never forget how much I loved that first issue of AvP War though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed