Alien Next Door - Alien Cartoon Book

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 27, 2015, 11:58:33 AM

Author
Alien Next Door - Alien Cartoon Book (Read 18,996 times)

SM

SM

Looks like Ripley went to Lambert's hairdresser.  ;D

XenoHunter99

Quote from: SM on Aug 29, 2015, 12:54:52 AM

But it's a flattering rendition of Giger's monster. :)

Xenomorphine

Yeah, that puzzle, man... It's got really nice seventies-style art. Looks just like a poster for a James Bond film poster of that time, actually.

Wonder who the artist was.

Weylan

Weylan

I really hope they make a Predator one as well!

Ash 937

I wonder why Giger never published anything like this! 

XenoHunter99

That's not how Giger worked. He was not a conventional illustrator. He did concept art and illustration of ideas, but he did all that within the scope of his own style and methods.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SM on Aug 29, 2015, 12:54:52 AMLooks like Ripley went to Lambert's hairdresser.  ;D

Never mind the hair, she looks like she went for the full 'Bert at her local plastic surgeon's.

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Aug 29, 2015, 01:49:57 PMIt's got really nice seventies-style art. Looks just like a poster for a James Bond film poster of that time, actually.

I really miss those oldschool art-style posters for films.

Elmazalman

Quote from: SM on Aug 29, 2015, 12:54:52 AM
Looks more like V.C's head transplanted onto Ripley's body,an interesting glimpse of what could have been,had V.C got the part.

The Xenomorph Warrior

Corporal Hicks

For any of you in the vicinity of LA, Jo is doing some signings next month -

QuoteYou guys, i'm VERY excited for my new book "Alien Next Door". It comes out next month, and I'll be doing a book signing in Los Angeles at Gallery 1988: LA !!!! Mark your calendars for Saturday, November 7th from Noon-2pm(ish...) I'll be signing copies of my new book AND you can check out my exhibit "Storytime 2" which will be on display!

https://www.facebook.com/jo3bot?fref=nf

Born Of Cold Light

Coloring in all the individual drops of blood will really help kids with their eye-hand coordination.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

You know what...I love this. There's lots of really funny cartoons in this.

And the intro was nice to read. Sucks he never got to work with Giger like originally intended.

CthulhuQueen

I love it! I'd be very happy to receive it as a Christmas present!

I don't think the cartooning of Ripley & Alien loses their essential characteristics at all. I just love the smiley mouth with inner smiley mouth.

To me it seems respectful of the original material whilst adding a bit of whimsy.

Corporal Hicks

Agreed. I don't think it disrespects the characters at all. It's just some fun and some good fun.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed