AvP Multiplayer Modes Summary

Started by Darkness, Feb 01, 2010, 10:00:31 PM

Author
AvP Multiplayer Modes Summary (Read 10,184 times)

Darkness

Darkness

Sega have posted a basic summary of the seven multiplayer modes in Aliens vs. Predator on their blog. Check it out below:

DEATH MATCH:
If you love a game with frantic, brutal chaos then Death Match in AVP  multiplayer is for you. It's all about getting the most kills in the  time limit set. Players can also win the match by hitting the target  score before anyone else.

INFESTATION:
For total over-whelming mayhem, nothing comes close to the tension and  potential for pant-wetting scenarios than INFESTATION. One player starts  the match as an Alien Hunter and their task is to kill the Marine prey.  When a Marine player is killed they will join the Alien Hunter team and  help to kill off any remaining Marines.

MIXED SPECIES DEATH MATCH:
just like Death Match, but with mixed species. Two teams, made up from  all three species fight to get the most kills in the set time limit or  to reach the target score before the other team.

SURVIVOR:
For the ultimate test of stamina, play Survivor Mode. Survivor allows  for up to four players to enter an arena to fight waves of progressively  stronger aliens. Each arena will be set up with two main areas. One  will be a platform which is relatively easy to defend; the other will be  an area where ambush by aliens is more likely. Supplies of health and  ammo will re-spawn in this second area.

PREDATOR HUNT:
If you're after a more stealthy multiplayer game go for Predator Hunt.  In this mode one player is selected to become the Predator Hunter, the  rest of the players take the role of the Marine prey. The Hunter must  use the Predator's stealth abilities and advanced equipment to pick off  the prey and score points. The Marines will need to defend themselves  from this threat and if possible, to kill the Hunter.

SPECIES DEATH MATCH:
Species Death Match pits a Marine team, Alien team and Predator team  against each other in a race to get the most kills within the set time  limit or to reach the target score before any of the other teams.

DOMINATION:
Take capture the flag to a whole new level with Domination. In  Domination two teams fight for ownership of Control Points around the  level. Owning a Control Point gives the team a small and steady, stream  of points. The more Control Points owned, the more that team scores. A  team will win when their score has reached 100 points.

Thanks to Ikarop for the news.

FearPeteySodes

God i can't wait for this game!  Gotta say though it's a ballsy move including Species Deathmatch, they must be supremely confident in their balance.  I can hear the crying already...

adb142

adb142

I can't friggin wait!!

Windebieste

Windebieste

Mixed Species gameplay.  Cool.  ...but not unique, however.  Check out 'AvP2 Fortress:

http://avp2fortress.lithfaq.com/

W1tchHunter

W1tchHunter

WHERES EVAC   :'(      :'(      :'(      :'(  

Predalien

Predalien

theres a lot of gameplay vids in ign that I dont think its here. But maeby I just dont know what the site wants to put so sorry if I sound dumb

NONYA

NONYA

i  heard survivor mode has only 2 maps is that true?

Brother

Brother

Yes, 2 more coming in the DLC. And no evac   :-\  

W1tchHunter

W1tchHunter

darn evac was my fave game mode so fun specially when your the last one alive running for your life ahhhh good times

Rob#2

Rob#2

Awesome, Im liking the sound of SPECIES DEATH MATCH & INFESTATION. Aliens all the way !!

Predalien

Predalien

I want to play predator hunt but as a predator   >:D  

DarkManhattan

DarkManhattan

OH, MY GOD, This game is going to be amazing, but i have to say Xenomorphs will kick arse!!!!

kipple

kipple

woww. really need this, im to hyped. im looking 4wrd to infestation .cant wait to destroy some marines, xeno style.

Alien Mastermind

Alien Mastermind

Only 15 more days! Then the carnage shall begin!   >:D  

jacobwalton

jacobwalton

13 days
4 hours
6 minutes
I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed