How Scary is Alien Isolation? [IGN Gameplay Footate]

Started by aliens13, Apr 26, 2014, 01:40:57 AM

Author
How Scary is Alien Isolation? [IGN Gameplay Footate] (Read 35,697 times)

WinterActual

Quote from: NickisSmart on Apr 28, 2014, 08:39:20 PM
For starters, the demo AI has been modified. In short, it's easier than the final product will be.

I doubt that because I don't see the reason behind it. Whats the point to make the demo easier than the final version? Isn't the demo supposed to show the players the real experience? Besides, this isn't Dark Souls, what can be SO HARD in the game that requires to be dumbed down because EXPERIENCED gamurs (not really) from IGN can't deal with?

SM

QuoteI doubt that because I don't see the reason behind it.

CA have said they've dumbed it down a bit for the demo.

Dowly

Looks very promising. Only thing I didn't like was how the Alien sounded.

Predatorium

The more I see of this game, the less impressed I get. The male voiceover telling you what to do is horrible and shows that the game is another linear "go here, do that, press this" game that doesn't let the player figure things out on their own. The alien is crouching like a raptor and is wandering around completely blind.. The environments are great though!

WinterActual

Quote from: SM on Apr 29, 2014, 04:43:56 AM

What for?

Corporal Hicks

For some people the demo was hard enough. I imagine that's why.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 29, 2014, 11:58:51 AM

Apparently one of the developers from CA said of the 3100 people that played the demo at EGX Rezzed only 15 managed to complete it without dying at least once.

Predaker

Quote from: WinterActual on Apr 29, 2014, 11:45:21 AM
Quote from: SM on Apr 29, 2014, 04:43:56 AM

What for?

They said players would normally be using the crafting system by that point of the game, so they supposedly made the alien AI easier for the demo.

szkoki

looked a bit dull when the alien walked right by her and not seeing her at all

Seegson

Quote from: szkoki on Apr 29, 2014, 01:15:21 PM
looked a bit dull when the alien walked right by her and not seeing her at all

Heavily edited video...we dont know what happened to her after that

elmen

I need see more...for the moment is awesome, but the final product is the most important.
I DONĀ“T want another Colonial Marines

WinterActual

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 29, 2014, 12:45:16 PM

Apparently one of the developers from CA said of the 3100 people that played the demo at EGX Rezzed only 15 managed to complete it without dying at least once.

I never heard that the games are supposed to be completed in one go without dying and I am playing games for 20 years. This is very poor excuse really.

Seegson

Quote from: WinterActual on Apr 29, 2014, 02:12:44 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 29, 2014, 12:45:16 PM

I never heard that the games are supposed to be completed in one go without dying and I am playing games for 20 years. This is very poor excuse really.

The problem was: people died a lot..i mean...A LOT

I did remember the RockPaperShotgun guy saying the game was ridiculous hard

NickisSmart

It's called balancing. They don't want to make the game too hard. That being said, they're still on the fence in regards to difficulty settings. It's important to realize that things like that haven't been fleshed out, yet. I think they're trying to get a grasp on how hard is too hard and if people struggle so much on the demo it will give them some idea of where to proceed. The devs have said in interviews that having a creature that's insanely deadly that just jumps on you and kills you instantly every time isn't the slightly bit fun. Instead, you have to live long enough to feel like you're being hunted, and that means making certain compromises. T

gabgrave

The Alien difficultly was lowered FOR that level, because that demo level was supposed occur mid game, and the Alien would have learned about the player and vice versa. They just used a zero experience Alien state model in the demo.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed