The Art and Making of The Predator

Started by felix, Dec 18, 2017, 01:23:50 PM

Author
The Art and Making of The Predator (Read 35,199 times)

Scorpio

Scorpio

Never had a problem with the single blade, it's an improvement.  Not for combat, though, but a nice finisher.  It's perfect.

Teddy

Teddy

Looks stupid like scar did in the mandible department. When are they ever going to learn how to make a decent looking predator in the face. Its like after Predator 2 everyone with a sense of design no longer exist. 

Wweyland

Kind of looks like samurai armor.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: felix on Mar 16, 2018, 09:50:07 PM
Found the cover.

https://bnccatalist.ca/images/catImages/title/451455/9781785657016_tnmd.jpg
I like it, looks like a Predator, and like always, every filmmaker puts their own stamp on it. I prefer the dual blades though.

D88M

D88M

Iuck.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I really disliked the single blade in predators, a bit disappointed to see it return. Not digging the superhero suit either.

The rest looks good. Hard to see the mouth though. Need to see it on film to really judge.

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

I dont like the image at all. His mouth is from inside somehow totally weird, like when something explode in his mouth or something, just weird. The single wristblade indicate that he is propably somehow connected to the Bad Blood Preds from previous movie, I guess. The armor is not visible enough, but I want to see his chest armor esspecialy, that chest piece remind me a Battle Armored Pred or Borg Pred from NECA. I was expecting something much better, this is a dissapointment for me. I hope that atleast his roar and other sounds will be good. Is this the so called "naturally armored Pred" ? I dont think so.

Stealth_Hunter

The armor looks great, I think the lighting is throwing me off from the mouth though. Zooming in I can't really make out what is what in that area.

Ultramorph

Yeah, I'm not sure if it's armor or a breathing apparatus, or if the mouth is actually different than a typical Predator. I'm going in with an open mind, and I don't mind seeing the single wrist blade. Predators 2010 deserves some love.

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

His teeth are longer than normally, but because of that lighting we cant see his entire face properly. I dont like the armor, esspecialy the wrist piece, I love the classic wrist armor from P1 or P2, that three things that hold that armor on his arm look bad, It look too small for his body siluete, I dont know. Maybe that colors can help it, but still, its not my cup of tea. Now, i wonder how many Preds are in this movie.

Hollywood

They should've gone with different lighting or just not released this image. Can't tell where the teeth are against the sharp contrast of the blurred textures in the mouth. I want Larry Fong to post a better look at a Predator on his Instagram Haha

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

We have two Preds in human camo and now we have this one, I dont know if this is the different Pred than that two, but there should be still that one major villain Pred and also a lot of other nasty creatures, so who knows how many of them are in the movie. Judging by the actors from IMBD website. . there will be a few Jet-fighter pilots piloting the F-22 or something. . perhaps this indicate that there will be also a Predator spaceship in some contact with military units on the air, sounds interesting. I hope that effects in this movie are practical, not CGI only.

Jigsaw85

Is this the upgrade predator? Doesn't seem any different from any other predator we've seen. Nice to see the single blade wristblade again. Maybe they rewrote the script to make the upgrade just another berserker predator? But his face looks like a classic predator and his armor looks like something out of star trek. I'm so confused. ???

KiramidHead

In the script, the Upgrade

Spoiler
is immune to damage, and doesn't wear armor.
[close]

They may have found that look didn't play and changed it around.

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

KiramidHead - If they really change the villain (naturaly armored) Pred, how about change also the human clothes that rest of them wear? I think that what you said can be true, well. . if this is not just another different Predator. I think that with the extra footage from March. . they change something that people dont like from the test screening, so I agree with you. But, can you imagine that they reshoot all the scenes where the changes been made? It must be very expensive.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed