Steven Pasquale on AvP2

Started by Darkness, Jun 05, 2007, 07:31:38 PM

Author
Steven Pasquale on AvP2 (Read 17,730 times)

Darkness

Darkness

MTV Movies Blog have published a positive interview with Steven Pasquale, who plays Dallas in AvP2. He talks about his character and what happens in AvP2:

“"[He's] our convict who returns home to his small town in Colorado to find aliens and predators," he said. "Haven't we always wondered what would happen if they made it to Earth? [Well] now they have, and drama ensues. It's more about survival. Clearly we don't know what the hell these things are, so me and my little brother and a couple of the other main characters are trying to just get out of town with everything intact, and that's the journey rather than trying to sort of conquer the invincible monsters."”

Unlike the first film, which saw criticism over the small amount of actual screentime between its spacey warring factions, Pasquale says that won't be an issue this time. "Aliens and predators will be fighting to the death," he stated, also hinting at something big in the offing. "There's a little secret surprise that I can't tell you about that the sci-fi fans are going to go bananas over. It's going to be awesome."

I wonder if he’s referring to the hybrid with that last comment? He also says AvP2 will be scarier than its predecessor.
Special thanks to Brian from MTV Movies for the news.

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Yes, mostly, but still the bad news I hoped (and still hope) to be changed: the date of the premiere... if it's gonna be a worldwide release on December 25th - CHRISTMA'S DAY- I am gonna be preoccupied...

It also shows that AVP scared FOX into making a completely different movie: more suspense and horror, though the same premise: all hell breaks loose with the humans caught in the middle...

It is gonna be more slow-paced than AVP, more focused on characters, which is very good news indeed...

Just waiting for the final result now... and a trailer as an appetiser... yummy yummy... !  ;)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: YutaniDitch on Jun 05, 2007, 06:52:41 PM
Yes, mostly, but still the bad news I hoped (and still hope) to be changed: the date of the premiere... if it's gonna be a worldwide release on December 25th - CHRISTMA'S DAY- I am gonna be preoccupied...

It also shows that AVP scared FOX into making a completely different movie: more suspense and horror, though the same premise: all hell breaks loose with the humans caught in the middle...

It is gonna be more slow-paced than AVP, more focused on characters, which is very good news indeed...

Just waiting for the final result now... and a trailer as an appetiser... yummy yummy... !  ;)

If it is on christmas, then i will celebrate christmas for the first time since 2001

slipknotpredator

slipknotpredator

good info

Yautja

Yautja

Good news, but I cant understand why there having a release date of December 25th. Most cinemas would be closed on Christmas day. Also, im guessing this is just the US release date.

Don Dorris

Don Dorris

UK's release is January 4th I think.

Yautja

Yautja

Quote from: Lovely Man on Jun 05, 2007, 07:12:43 PM
UK's release is January 4th I think.

Jan 4th isnt to bad. For the 1st AvP the UK release wasnt till bloody ages after the US release.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

I cant say anything new here, but i still say it, very good news here ;D

War Wager

War Wager

I wonder what the "little secret suprise" will be...

Master Chief

Master Chief

Very good news!  The main characters are trying to escape instead of fighting the Predator and Aliens. 

SiL

SiL

Same shit different source, really :-\

Back to the roots? Check. Fans will love it? Check. Lots of fights? Check. Surprise? Check.

I for one would like some actual news, rather than reiterated buzzwords and phrases being thrown together all the time.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: SiL on Jun 05, 2007, 09:20:15 PM
I for one would like some actual news, rather than reiterated buzzwords and phrases being thrown together all the time.

[/quote/]
Believe me, we all want that, but since we dont, we have to talk about what we are getting here ;)

SiL

SiL

But what we're getting is exactly the same as what we got before, but with another name on it.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: SiL on Jun 05, 2007, 09:32:30 PM
But what we're getting is exactly the same as what we got before, but with another name on it.
Thats right, but this film has such a lack of info that one has to be happy when we hear "good" news, even if we heard them 10 times from other actors or crew members, the teaser is coming soon, so... ;)

Cellien

Cellien

NICE!    ;D  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed