New Alien game from the makers of Total War

Started by kvon17, May 12, 2011, 11:34:59 AM

Author
New Alien game from the makers of Total War (Read 28,463 times)

Quote from: Many Angled One on Apr 09, 2012, 12:56:05 AM
An RTS based on the first Alien film?  It could be amazing.  I wonder if maybe this might be a heavily updated version of the strategy 1984 Alien game.  Regardless, I have high hope for this.

Just because it's made by a company that mostly do RTSs,, doesn't mean that it's an RTS.

ikarop

Quote from: ikarop on Feb 21, 2012, 04:37:27 PM
CA is hiring people for the (now confirmed) multiplayer aspect of the game:

QuotePosition Overview:
We are seeking an experienced programmer with proven skills in the area of gameplay and multi-player games. The successful applicant will be working on a AAA multi-platform console title set in the Alien universe.

Key responsibilities:
Technical design and development of online systems including: in-game synchronisation, matchmaking and lobbies, voice chat, gameplay modes.

QuotePosition Overview:
We're looking for a hugely talented multiplayer/network programmer to work on our AAA multiplatform console title, set in the Alien universe. This is a significant role on our team.

http://creative-assembly.com/?page_id=1559

This job ad has been updated with the following:

QuoteWe are seeking an experienced programmer with proven skills in the area of gameplay and multi-player games. The successful applicant will be working on a AAA multi-platform title on current and future generation consoles set in the Alien universe.

that pretty much confirms that it's not an RTS, there is no such thing as a AAA RTS on console.

chupacabras acheronsis

It's not like they haven't tried, c&c and halo wars etc, but they'll never be able to compete with the big boys, RTSs just don't have the fan base big enough to make a game AAA.

Tank16365

Quote from: dallevalle on May 12, 2011, 11:53:14 AM
if its like dead space 2 i guess we will get a 3rd person shooter kinda like yeah dead space ( of courese XD ) and
resident evil operation raccoon city.

im not sure how well that will work in a alien game, hmm but lets wait an see for more information.

Dudes that would be epic!

szkoki

szkoki

dunno if it has been posted already

http://www.creative-assembly.com/jobs/games-tester-alien-ip/

http://www.creative-assembly.com/jobs/senior-tester-alien-ip/

hope there is at least 1 reasonable, capable person here who also grew up on such titles like the Dead Space, Dino Crisis, Silent Hill and the old Resident Evil titles.

well at least not the CEO/President will test the game on every 2nd sunday afternoon

Mr. Clemens

szkoki

so this project is still nowhere

TITANOSAUR

Talos I hope its not gonna be another Aliens Colonial Marines. We need a good Aliens game. I hate the idea that Aliens needs to be paired up with Predator to sell a decent game. Yes the AvP Games were good and sold like chocolate covered weed. but we need a good stand alone Aliens game!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed