Neill Blomkamp Shares Pulse Rifle Prop

Started by Ultramorph, Oct 15, 2015, 06:52:37 PM

Author
Neill Blomkamp Shares Pulse Rifle Prop (Read 36,063 times)

RakaiThwei

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Oct 15, 2015, 11:02:32 PM
I'm uncertain if Scott will cover the established Alien hive concept, e.i. the Queen, Warriors and Drone Alien castes etc.

I hope that's not messed with.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

PRJ_since1990

Really excited to see this!

I do not dislike that he "messed with" the design as all he did was add on a few parts. This will not hamper the film at all. What will damage the film is if they change the iconic sound from the iconic weapon, like they did in Alien3. I never understood that.

It will be very interesting to see how Scott and Blomkamp create this film. We know they have different ideas but I believe in what they'll create will satisfy us.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Oct 16, 2015, 12:46:07 AM
Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Oct 15, 2015, 11:02:32 PM
I'm uncertain if Scott will cover the established Alien hive concept, e.i. the Queen, Warriors and Drone Alien castes etc.

I hope that's not messed with.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Agreed.  One could argue that the reason Ridley gets to make his sequels is because of the success of Aliens.  If he does anything to diminish or decanonize Aliens that won't go over too well.  Anyway, I don't think Fox would let him.

PVTDukeMorrison

Hey it actually looks practical on a battlefield now. Still think they should have gone with a bullpup design though, but maintaining the classic look is just as good

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Oct 16, 2015, 03:21:33 AM
Agreed.  One could argue that the reason Ridley gets to make his sequels is because of the success of Aliens.  If he does anything to diminish or decanonize Aliens that won't go over too well.  Anyway, I don't think Fox would let him.

And yet they're going to let Blomkamp more or less do away with Alien 3 and Resurrection. I'm sure a lot of fans are happy about that but... I'm in the Alien 3 camp, and I personally don't like the whole retconning thing but you know.. as long as they don't do "it was aaaaaaall a dream!' then... I might be okay with it and just stick with Alien 3 and Resurrection, more so Alien 3.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Oct 16, 2015, 03:48:40 AM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Oct 16, 2015, 03:21:33 AM

And yet they're going to let Blomkamp more or less do away with Alien 3 and Resurrection. I'm sure a lot of fans are happy about that but... I'm in the Alien 3 camp, and I personally don't like the whole retconning thing but you know.. as long as they don't do "it was aaaaaaall a dream!' then... I might be okay with it and just stick with Alien 3 and Resurrection, more so Alien 3.

As I recall from your previous posts, you are of the opinion that a multi continuity approach is not a bad thing.  I would agree with that.  I think the hard-core fans have grown to love Alien 3 over time, but the masses probably don't remember that film.  Keeping that in mind, the comparison about retconning Ailen 3 or Aliens just kind of falls flat.  Retconning Aliens would be almost universally seen as destroying one of the pillars of Science Fiction, whereas, retconning Alien 3 is just one of those films that only a niche would be upset if it went away.  The magic here is that it won't go away.  We get to keep our Blu-ray copies and we get to explore an alternate timeline!  How epic is that?  Blomkamp, please don't frak it up...

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Oct 16, 2015, 04:21:36 AM
As I recall from your previous posts, you are of the opinion that a multi continuity approach is not a bad thing.  I would agree with that.  I think the hard-core fans have grown to love Alien 3 over time, but the masses probably don't remember that film.

I am okay with that. But it all depends on how they approach doing these kinds of things, you know?

blood.

The more that's teased, the more I get hyped for the Colonial Marines to return to the big screen for the first time in 30 years.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I know it's silly, but the fact they've ACM'd it with silly attachments and whatnot brought back ugly memories of the game.

Quote from: Darkness on Oct 15, 2015, 06:57:20 PMWhat's RIS stand for?

You kinda got an answer, but to clarify - RIS is Rail Interface System. It's those chequerboard-looking tracks near the front that all the attachments are mounted on. Basically allows soldiers to quickly switch out sights and optics and whatnot in the field without having to worry about zeroing them to the weapon every time.

Alien³

Alien 3 is just one of those films that only a niche would be upset if it went away.

I think the niche is bigger than you think. Heck even the director of the new King Kong movie expressed his concern over this.

Either way, retconning Alien 3 might have a bigger impact than people realise. If they don't re-establish that aliens take traits from their hosts (ala Dog/Ox alien) then we'll really start to see a difference. They could begin to change the very alien itself not just the plot.

Corporal Hicks

That trait was intended as far back as Alien though. I don't think it wouldn't change anything really. Next time they wanted it to happen, they'd make it happen.

System Apollo

As I recall from your previous posts, you are of the opinion that a multi continuity approach is not a bad thing.  I would agree with that.  I think the hard-core fans have grown to love Alien 3 over time, but the masses probably don't remember that film.  Keeping that in mind, the comparison about retconning Ailen 3 or Aliens just kind of falls flat. Retconning Aliens would be almost universally seen as destroying one of the pillars of Science Fiction, whereas, retconning Alien 3 is just one of those films that only a niche would be upset if it went away.  The magic here is that it won't go away.  We get to keep our Blu-ray copies and we get to explore an alternate timeline!  How epic is that?  Blomkamp, please don't frak it up...
??? It's not like these films will just vanish from existence if they were erased within the continuation of their own storyline. They will still be there and enjoyed by fans.

As for the rifle, I'll be honest; not a fan of the accessory. Not to say that Pulse Rifles can't have them or that the particular one being used is redundant;  it just needs to feel unique and ahead of our time. This accessory doesn't strike me as so. :(

blood.

Is anyone NOT looking at Alien 5 as a spinoff? Blomkamp seems to be interested only in making his own sequel and not actually contributing to the already established alien saga. We will always have aliens that take on host traits, even if he changes this, they will just be alternate types to me.

BTW I am expecting more of a colonial marines movie with aliens, rather then an alien/aliens movie with colonial marines if you know what I mean. Still excited but keeping realistic expectations.

System Apollo

Quote from: bloodinthemud on Oct 16, 2015, 08:51:39 AM
BTW I am expecting more of a colonial marines movie with aliens, rather then an alien/aliens movie with colonial marines if you know what I mean. Still excited but keeping realistic expectations.
Would have guessed based on whom you swore your allegiance to on this forum, Mud.  ;)

I definitely know what you mean, it is nice to see them back.

blood.

Quote from: System Apollo on Oct 16, 2015, 08:57:02 AM
Quote from: bloodinthemud on Oct 16, 2015, 08:51:39 AM
Would have guessed based on whom you swore your allegiance to on this forum, Mud.  ;)

I definitely know what you mean, it is nice to see them back.

lol! Didn't even occur to me. Surprisingly I'd prefer a decent survival horror type movie which happens to have marines which get picked off just as easily as any civilian characters, rather then badasses that go down guns blazing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed