Neill Blomkamp Shares Pulse Rifle Prop

Started by Ultramorph, Oct 15, 2015, 06:52:37 PM

Author
Neill Blomkamp Shares Pulse Rifle Prop (Read 36,343 times)

Beatnation

NO, NO, NO, NO! Blomhack don't have any good idea to continue the Alien franchise so he goes for the wet fanfiction retelling, Alien 3 -Assembly Cut- is a masterpiece.

If Blomhack isn't a good enough writer to gives us a NEW Alien movie  instead just picking the remmants of James Cameron Aliens, then he don't deserve being involvement in the Alien Universe.

whiterabbit

Ah come on that's too damn easy. Dangling a shot of bad ass movie weaponry is such a tease. Also I hope RIS doesn't mean it's now a bug zapper... I mean that would be cool too but I kind of like 10mm armor piercing rounds thing.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The attachments was something A: CM did right. I love the Pulse Rifle but this bit of a modernization is good, it's a good idea adding RIS rails to it. It needed a damn sight so that's nice to see. Might have been nicer for it to have been olive coloured though and for it to have a lower profile. Maybe something more reflex than holographic.

I do think the PEQ box is unnecessary though, as is the change of flash hider.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Beatnation on Oct 15, 2015, 09:19:01 PM
NO, NO, NO, NO! Blomhack don't have any good idea to continue the Alien franchise so he goes for the wet fanfiction retelling, Alien 3 -Assembly Cut- is a masterpiece.

If Blomhack isn't a good enough writer to gives us a NEW Alien movie  instead just picking the remmants of James Cameron Aliens, then he don't deserve being involvement in the Alien Universe.

What are you on about? He only posted a pic of a pulse rifle.

Alien 3 had pulse rifles and other "remmants (sic) of James Cameron's Aliens".

Biggles

Biggles

The laser module is a PEQ-15 clone;
http://www.eotechinc.com/tactical-light ... ming-laser

Flash-hider looks to be an AAC copy;
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/284904 ... uctFinding

They are unnecessary in the sense that we have these exact accessories now, yet they clearly weren't needed in the future shown in Aliens. Aesthetically, they and the rails disrupt the classic flowing lines of Cameron's design.

I'd sooner lose the visible Thompson & SPAS-12 components (they have actually got a new lump grip already here) and call it an M41B or whatever, than add this kind of frippery.

ETA - I shouldn't get too nerd-rage, because there's every chance that WETA (?) have just given it rails and put accessories on just for the photo/design process. There's time yet to make it less CoD.

hk54

hk54

Why wouldn't they have ris? It's hardly outdated equipment when hicks himself had an old pump action shotgun!

Also who is to say these are not for either private military or more elite units?? Not all soldiers spend money kitting out there gear ? I am not in the military but as an example in black hawk down only delta had customised there weapons , rangers had just standard m16's

Alien³

After seeing that pic I bet the title for Blomkamp's film will be Aliens: Modern Warfare II. :laugh:

windebieste

Looks great but...

...it reeks of nostalgia bait for easily appeased sentimentalists.

We'll need to know more about the story, characters, situations that this film embraces rather than just images of hardware to excite gullible fans.   

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: windebieste on Oct 15, 2015, 10:11:14 PM
Looks great but...

...it reeks of nostalgia bait for easily appeased sentimentalists.

We'll need to know more about the story, characters, situations that this film embraces rather than just images of hardware to excite gullible fans.

True wisdom. It's a nice-looking prop, but The Phantom Menace had a lot of nice looking props, too.

XenoHunter99

The look of the pulse rifle is the absolute least of the movie's concerns. They will not lose a single ticket sale, even if the pulse rifle is replaced with a totally new design which can be marketed as a kit or as a prop replica. It will look the way it looks and it will make the bang-bang on the screen. That is all that matters.

Biggles

With respect that applies to pretty much anything we discuss on here. Shall we all give up?

Hicks' shotgun was clearly not issue equipment. Neither was Vasquez's S&W.

As to "why wouldn't they", as I say, it's not that they wouldn't; it's that they didn't have them originally.

WETA have done great sci-fi designs that retain rails; I can well believe we'd still have them in 2180-something (though obviously not the accessories shown). The fact is that the original design that everyone (including Blomkamp) loves so much didn't have these features.

If people like it, and they seem to, great. For me, this is just lazy tinkering with a great design intended to court the CoD players and further stir up geek excitement about this retquel.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Biggles on Oct 15, 2015, 10:36:47 PM
The fact is that the original design that everyone (including Blomkamp) loves so much didn't have these features.

This is an M14.

This is an M14 Socom.

This is an M14 EBR.

They're all variants of the same platform. And I could do the same with near enough any rifle. There is absolutely nothing wrong with there being variants of the original Pulse Rifle.

Adam802

omg YES!  So happy this means the Colonial Marines will most likely be in the movie. along with their tech!  True sequel to Aliens, cant wait!

XENOMORPHOSIS

Though never will it happen you know what Ridley Scott could incorporate in Alien Paradise Lost, an early prototype model of the Power Loader that Ripley uses to fight the Queen from Aliens. It'd be a neat little easter egg in the background.

Though I doubt Scott would included something which acknowledges anything post Alien because he's admitted before that while he respects James Cameron's efforts on Aliens it was not that direction he would've taken for the series.

Wonder how much Ridley is influence is affecting Neill's movie seeing as its a full Aliens sequel. His art work on Instagram display the Alien Queen on a rampage. I'm uncertain if Scott will cover the established Alien hive concept, e.i. the Queen, Warriors and Drone Alien castes etc.

Rogue007

Rogue007

Nooooo!..... Please don't use that cheap $60 red dot optic, it ruin it!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed