Do you think we will see the derelicts holo-recordings in Alien 5?

Started by Wobblyboddle77, Mar 29, 2015, 03:41:40 AM

Author
Do you think we will see the derelicts holo-recordings in Alien 5? (Read 5,188 times)

Perfect-Organism

If you consider that "David" was able to learn and work a juggernaut within the span of a few hours, an android like Bishop should conceivably be able to learn everything about the derelict within the same amount of time.  All he has to do is visit the ship, assuming its still intact / working.

NickisSmart

David spent years dissecting human languages according to Holloway's thesis. Bishop, in order to achieve the same level of understanding, would have to do the same.

Perfect-Organism

Possibly, but David was also a few generations behind Bishop...

Born Of Cold Light

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Mar 30, 2015, 11:34:31 PM
Possibly, but David was also a few generations behind Bishop...

Also, he may have just downloaded all that information, not learned it the way humans do.

Corporal Hicks

I suppose that all depends on how androids actually process data. Might be a completely different subject on its own.

Perfect-Organism

True, after all from an android is the ultimate expression of anthropomorphism.  The purpose of which is "because you people feel more comfortable with your own kind".  In addition to physical appearance, the androids may also download information in a slower method that is similar to humans, but that seems very unlikely to me.  Then again, their mental capacity may be limited to prevent them from taking over.  Who knows?  This should be a separate subject fo sho.

Lonely Universe

Quote from: Infected on Mar 29, 2015, 12:30:42 PM
the holograms where terrible, how could an advanced species look back at those recordings?? they had to run over the whole facility to see what happened to their mates who died, so following the hologram would lead the rescue party or survivors straight to certain death. LoL
No it was terrible.

This. The holograms were goofy kiddy magical bullshit. I thought I was watching a Roland Emmerich film for a second there. Ooh ahh.

Son Of Kane

It is quite clear to me that Engineers (If not religiously) stylise all their technology, they're at the point of advancement that all they can change is how it looks.

Perfect-Organism

You know it's possible that all they do is sleep and just wake up one every 11,000 years to check up on their experiments.  Just to avoid boredom...

Gash

Quote from: 8BA on Mar 31, 2015, 01:51:10 PM

Quote from: Infected on Mar 29, 2015, 12:30:42 PM
the holograms where terrible, how could an advanced species look back at those recordings?? they had to run over the whole facility to see what happened to their mates who died, so following the hologram would lead the rescue party or survivors straight to certain death. LoL
No it was terrible.

This. The holograms were goofy kiddy magical bullshit. I thought I was watching a Roland Emmerich film for a second there. Ooh ahh.

Yeah, holograms are magic, No reality there. As for Roland Emwerich's filmaking efforts in Somerset, I didn't know about that.

CainsSon

I like the recordings / holograms, and the star chart, but all the other floating neon controls in the derelict ruined that movie for me... That and the chestburster at the end. If they axed those two things I'd think PROMETHEUS is a-ok.

Corporal Hicks

The Orrey scene is quite possibly one of my favourite visual scenes out of the entire series. I thought it looked gorgeous.

Perfect-Organism

The Orrery scene definitely had a Steven Spielberg "Wonderment and Amazement" feel to it.  It was borderline Disney..

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Apr 08, 2015, 07:00:10 PM
The Orrery scene definitely had a Steven Spielberg "Wonderment and Amazement" feel to it.  It was borderline Disney..

It was exactly what Scott had said he wanted to do and one of the few moments he actually achieved it in the film, I felt. Which was this grand moment.

Don't get me wrong, I still think the film was a mess but I can appreciate some of it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed