Will Alien 5 revisit LV426 and will we see inside of the derelict enginner craft

Started by Wobblyboddle77, Mar 21, 2015, 02:40:30 AM

Author
Will Alien 5 revisit LV426 and will we see inside of the derelict enginner craft (Read 2,132 times)

Wobblyboddle77

Wobblyboddle77

Some of the questions that arise when i saw the concept art for Neil Blomkamps alien film was, will it revisit LV426 and will we actually see in more detail the inside of the derelict engineer craft?. Will they remove the jockey from it's cockpit, is the engineer size going to stay the same as we saw in Alien? which is substantially bigger than what we saw in prometheus? Also will we revisit the egg chamber cave? This is what intrigues me about Blomkamps new Alien movie.

whiterabbit

Alien 5 will take place inside of a Walmart! Which I assume is what replaced hadley's hope on LV426...

NetworkATTH

NetworkATTH

I'd rather not have it set down on any worlds, let it take place in whatever space station, bunker that's in the concept art. Re-visitting LV-426 so many times already, it's just pointless fan service. Either create a new world with interesting aspects and stunning visuals, or just set it in the bunker. There's only so many times you can visit the Derelict before it acts more of a "Oh No Not Again!" and I think it's been done to death, just give some creative breathing room.

Look no further than the concept art of Syd Mead, to his first concept of what the Sulaco could be. (Neil loves designs of the sort anyway)

Or set it on a seperate planetoid/planet/moon, near there. Not specifically within Zeta 2 Reticuli. Maybe, just as LV-426 was named Acheron, call this new world, Cocytus.  In Greek myth, Cocytus was the river of lamentation that sprung from Acheron, the river of woe. Its sister that sprung from Acheron was, the river of fire, Phlegethon.

But what's interesting about Cocytus, is that it is also, the 9th and Lowest Circle of Hell in the Divine Comedy.

There are other Giants around the rim that are chained; however Antaeus is unchained as he died before the Gigantomachy. Cocytus is referred to as a frozen lake rather than a river, although it originates from the same source as the other infernal rivers, the tears of a statue called The Old Man of Crete which represents the sins of humanity. Dante describes Cocytus as being the home of traitors and those who committed acts of complex fraud. Depending on the form of their treachery, victims are buried in ice to a varying degree, anywhere from neck-high to completely submerged in ice. Cocytus is divided into four descending "rounds," or sections:

Caina, after the Biblical Cain; traitors to blood relatives.
Antenora, after Antenor from the Iliad; traitors to country.
Ptolomea, after Ptolemy, governor of Jericho, who murdered his guests (1 Maccabees); traitors to guests. Here it is said that sometimes the soul of a traitor falls to Hell before Atropos cuts the thread, and their body is taken over by a fiend.

Satan is at the center of the circle buried waist-high in ice.

That would, not be a great idea, great setting, you could do, so much with that. Especially it being such a tongue in cheek name for what seem to be events leading to the thing they were trying to stop, the company getting hold of an entire Derelict.

Son Of Kane

Sounds good but I really don't think the Derelict has been done to death, we've only seen it in Alien, Alien Isolation, Aliens and a variant in Prometheus.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: whiterabbit on Mar 21, 2015, 05:47:11 AM
Alien 5 will take place inside of a Walmart! Which I assume is what replaced hadley's hope on LV426...

You can get some scary shit in a Walmart! Blomkamp bringing back the horror into the francise!

OpenMaw

First, we had the knock off K-mart in Requiem... Now... Slashing prices in Walmart.

Born Of Cold Light

Quote from: NetworkATTH on Mar 21, 2015, 07:58:38 AM
I'd rather not have it set down on any worlds, let it take place in whatever space station, bunker that's in the concept art. Re-visitting LV-426 so many times already, it's just pointless fan service. Either create a new world with interesting aspects and stunning visuals, or just set it in the bunker. There's only so many times you can visit the Derelict before it acts more of a "Oh No Not Again!" and I think it's been done to death, just give some creative breathing room.

Look no further than the concept art of Syd Mead, to his first concept of what the Sulaco could be. (Neil loves designs of the sort anyway)

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/gallery/albums/movies/aliens/concept/concept01.jpg

Or set it on a seperate planetoid/planet/moon, near there. Not specifically within Zeta 2 Reticuli. Maybe, just as LV-426 was named Acheron, call this new world, Cocytus.  In Greek myth, Cocytus was the river of lamentation that sprung from Acheron, the river of woe. Its sister that sprung from Acheron was, the river of fire, Phlegethon.

But what's interesting about Cocytus, is that it is also, the 9th and Lowest Circle of Hell in the Divine Comedy.

There are other Giants around the rim that are chained; however Antaeus is unchained as he died before the Gigantomachy. Cocytus is referred to as a frozen lake rather than a river, although it originates from the same source as the other infernal rivers, the tears of a statue called The Old Man of Crete which represents the sins of humanity. Dante describes Cocytus as being the home of traitors and those who committed acts of complex fraud. Depending on the form of their treachery, victims are buried in ice to a varying degree, anywhere from neck-high to completely submerged in ice. Cocytus is divided into four descending "rounds," or sections:

Caina, after the Biblical Cain; traitors to blood relatives.
Antenora, after Antenor from the Iliad; traitors to country.
Ptolomea, after Ptolemy, governor of Jericho, who murdered his guests (1 Maccabees); traitors to guests. Here it is said that sometimes the soul of a traitor falls to Hell before Atropos cuts the thread, and their body is taken over by a fiend.

Satan is at the center of the circle buried waist-high in ice.

That would, not be a great idea, great setting, you could do, so much with that. Especially it being such a tongue in cheek name for what seem to be events leading to the thing they were trying to stop, the company getting hold of an entire Derelict.

This is actually an outstanding idea and gives me an idea for a new Alien video game.

SpreadEagleBeagle

"Re: Will Alien 5 revisit LV426 and will we see inside of the derelict enginner craft"

It's a cheap-ass retcon - anything is possible. The real question is: who cares? Nothing interesting can come out of this.

Son Of Kane

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Mar 22, 2015, 03:46:17 AM
"Re: Will Alien 5 revisit LV426 and will we see inside of the derelict enginner craft"

It's a cheap-ass retcon - anything is possible. The real question is: who cares? Nothing interesting can come out of this.

Anything can happen.

Nothing interesting can come out of this.

And things like this make me wanna leave this site permanently.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Mar 22, 2015, 03:54:51 AM
Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Mar 22, 2015, 03:46:17 AM

Anything can happen.

Nothing interesting can come out of this.

And things like this make me wanna leave this site permanently.

Ditto when it comes to thoughtless answers like yours.

Just use the Ignore button if you don't have it in you.

Son Of Kane

Thoughtless, that would be your post I quoted actually.

How can you be so narrow minded to suggest that anything can happen- but it's still going to be not interesting 100% factually and you know this because (the reason doesn't matter)- it is repulsive, thoughtless and arrogant.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Mar 22, 2015, 04:03:34 AM
Thoughtless, that would be your post I quoted actually.

How can you be so narrow minded to suggest that anything can happen- but it's still going to be not interesting 100% factually and you know this because (the reason doesn't matter)- it is repulsive, thoughtless and arrogant.

I'm not even gonna bother with the cheap-shots in that one.

But let's phrase it like this: anything can happen in the world of Sponge Bob Square Pants, because anything goes, you don't need continuity or try to perform - it's just there for the fun of it. That is good and all but pulls the plug previous installments and the mystery and tension they provided, even ALIEN and ALIENS. That's why "anything can happen" becomes the same as "nothing interesting can come out of this" - because it's all disjointed, muddled and blurred in a fanfic kind of way.

Son Of Kane

No it doesn't because you imply the reason for this is it has no rules to follow?

Incorrect, it follows the rules established by Alien, Aliens and Prometheus as well as A:I apparently.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Mar 22, 2015, 04:30:41 AM
No it doesn't because you imply the reason for this is it has no rules to follow?

Incorrect, it follows the rules established by Alien, Aliens and Prometheus as well as A:I apparently.

Yes it does. Just like a fanfic it picks and chooses from various mediums and franchises instead of following already established movie continuity. Correct? Correct.

So in other words, what I wrote is highly relevant wether you like it or not.

Son Of Kane

So... instead of a legitimate complaint about the quality of the premise, you're still griping about the premise itself?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed