Neil Blomkamp to possibly direct Prometheus 2 after Alien V?

Started by Wobblyboddle77, Feb 26, 2015, 02:58:10 AM

Author
Neil Blomkamp to possibly direct Prometheus 2 after Alien V? (Read 2,133 times)

Wobblyboddle77

Wobblyboddle77

I was wondering with Ridley Scott being the producer of Alien V and it being distributed by Sott free productions with Fox, if Alien V is a financial success and a hit at the box office, Scott and Fox will ask Blomkamp to direct Prometheus 2?

Nightmare Asylum

I doubt it. Neill's not really a "hired gun" director. Everything he's done has been a passion project he built from the ground up, including Alien V, despite it existing in an established universe. Fox didn't bring Alien V to him, he brought it to Fox. Prometheus 2 is already kind-of in pre-production (there's a script, or at least a draft of a script), and I really doubt Neill would just sign on to a project like that unless he really wanted to (and had permission to) play around with it and make it entirely his own.

Gash

Prom 2 is coming first isn't it? Hope so.

Alien 5 interests me less with every new snippet of news.

CainsSon

Quote from: Gash on Feb 26, 2015, 06:48:14 AM

Yeah no kidding. If they retcon I'd rather they just make Prometheus 2. Anything. A 1 star alien 5 is better to me than a 4 star Alien 5 that retcon's Alien 3 and Alien 4.

whiterabbit

Look, it's all or nothing guys. If AlienĀ³ is really a great movie as some of us suspect, it's up to Alien 5 to succeed it. If A5 ends up sucking then we're fook'd.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: CainsSon on Feb 26, 2015, 07:26:35 AM
Quote from: Gash on Feb 26, 2015, 06:48:14 AM

A 1 star alien 5 is better to me than a 4 star Alien 5 that retcon's Alien 3 and Alien 4.

So you'd take a worse film that respects "canon" (even though there were things about the opening if Alien 3 that blatantly disregard what was established in Aliens) over a good one that stands on its own, even though Alien 3 and Resurrection won't be going anywhere?

I love Alien 3. I will continue to do so after this film comes out. I am very excited for this film and to see another new take on the series.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Mr Hackamp to direct PROM2? No thanks. Scott has become enough of a hack on his own to butcher it. We don't need some pubescent Cameron wannabe to completely mangle it.

On the other hand he could always retcon and reboot it...

What a crap fest...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed