Remember this part from AVP1?

Started by Accaris, Nov 05, 2007, 02:25:17 PM

Author
Remember this part from AVP1? (Read 4,730 times)

Accaris

Accaris

I think it's in Gateway or one of the very end levels of the Alien storyline, where at the end you confront this one human and just before you kill him, this really creepy voice whispers "Join us..." I thought that was cool as hell at the time.

Private Hudson

I vagually remember that, but if it's the part I'm remembering, It scared the hell outa me!!

Colton White

The alien is saying 'Join Us" Right before the human gives birth to an Alien.I've never beaten the game.i got stuck on the second damn level

Private Hudson

You got stuck on the second level? Do you have Gold, because if you do it should have a strategy guide. For me level 2 was pretty easy.

Colton White

My chestburster always gets killed.I can't find the cat that keeps meowing.It scares the shit outta the marines and for some reason, they run towards me

Corporal Hicks

No, these guy's are talking about AvP1. You're on about AvP2. I don't remember that bit personally. AvP1 always had the atmosphere that made me not replay it that much.  :P Too scary.

Private Hudson

Lol, it was too scary for me too, I hardly ever play the marine levels dew tio the randomly spawning aliens. The Pred and Alien levels arn't as scary but they still will make you jump.

Corporal Hicks

If I remember rightly, the Aliens used to just spawn in one room and use the map to come find you? Or am I making this up?

Private Hudson

That sounds like something I heard, but you do agree that the aliens can come out of anywhere at any time.

Xhan

Xhan

The Aliens could spawn from specific points and then pathfind to follow you. On Director's Cut it was essential to find the "between zones" the lay between the spawn volume triggers as the Pred to replenish your juice; Odobenus station was goddamn near impossible because it was so small the spawn triggers overlapped, resulting in about 6 aliens and two preds per 30 feet versus your Marine, and on top of that they gave you the SADAR to use in hallways about six feet across, which with blind and dead end turns meant you WERE going to kill yourself.

Sprout

Sprout

Didn't play the game much. A little too difficult for me. But I loved how they captured the atmosphere from the movies. Especially playing the Marine. the music, the strobing lights, the darkness and the motion tracker that kept freaking me out.

XenoVC

XenoVC

I haven't played too much of the first AVP game,was it the Alien that said "Join us"??

Darkfire

Darkfire

My avp1 had a glitch where it would play a humming sound continously after the opening.
So when ever i play AVP1 my sound is turned off.

Corporal Hicks

Just let the intros run through without skipping them or keep pressing esc before they even show up.

Wildbird

Wildbird

Never heard this this shit. There are way too many sounds and noises.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed