Empire The Predator Subscriber Exclusive Cover

Started by Tetsujin, Jul 06, 2018, 10:39:16 AM

Author
Empire The Predator Subscriber Exclusive Cover (Read 53,994 times)

Wysps

Quote from: PredBabe on Jul 17, 2018, 10:49:42 AM
Damn could you imagine if they just went with featuring the upgrade for this movie and none of the more classic designs?

I don't think it's so much as "turn off your brains", but rather to "open your mind". So many people are quick to write certain things off but forget that, if done right, it can be something you end up liking. We've kind of known what we were getting from the leaked script and when we see glimpses of said things from script (which a lot of it doesn't look bad) we still have fans in an uproar and writing it off before seeing it completely play out.

I don't know. Most fans have given so much praise to Predator 2 and that movie clearly has its faults and campy moments, which I even love it for but still I'm trying to make a point here that what we've seen so far from The Predator doesn't look like slop either.

Spoiler
That's the worst part about giving in to reading spoilers/leaked content  :-\ It's so hard to rip yourself from the misconceptions that you create about the film - you spend months reinforcing what you think is totally wrong with the film.  And then by the time you watch it, you've done so much "reinforcing", that you wonder whether the movie is actually good or if you've just brainwashed yourself into believing it's crap! Oy vey.
[close]

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 17, 2018, 12:20:50 PM
Yeah so many people whine about their beloved little predator not looking like they wanted, but seem to give zero shits about the global movie quality potential... But hey, it's just cinema after all... Who cares huh...

As long as it leads to movies that I can enjoy in the theatre, I'll take the hit  ;)  There is a line that I draw as far as how bad a movie can be before I start sitting them out, but this movie isn't coming anywhere close to that line, thank goodness.  It might turn into a cheese-fest, plenty of people like cheese.  As others have said, Predator 2 was full of campy moments and still ended up being an entertaining ride.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Wysps on Jul 17, 2018, 02:20:50 PM
Damn could you imagine if they just went with featuring the upgrade for this movie and none of the more classic designs?

I don't think it's so much as "turn off your brains", but rather to "open your mind". So many people are quick to write certain things off but forget that, if done right, it can be something you end up liking. We've kind of known what we were getting from the leaked script and when we see glimpses of said things from script (which a lot of it doesn't look bad) we still have fans in an uproar and writing it off before seeing it completely play out.

I don't know. Most fans have given so much praise to Predator 2 and that movie clearly has its faults and campy moments, which I even love it for but still I'm trying to make a point here that what we've seen so far from The Predator doesn't look like slop either.

Spoiler
That's the worst part about giving in to reading spoilers/leaked content  :-\ It's so hard to rip yourself from the misconceptions that you create about the film - you spend months reinforcing what you think is totally wrong with the film.  And then by the time you watch it, you've done so much "reinforcing", that you wonder whether the movie is actually good or if you've just brainwashed yourself into believing it's crap! Oy vey.
[close]

Yeah so many people whine about their beloved little predator not looking like they wanted, but seem to give zero shits about the global movie quality potential... But hey, it's just cinema after all... Who cares huh...

As long as it leads to movies that I can enjoy in the theatre, I'll take the hit  ;)  There is a line that I draw as far as how bad a movie can be before I start sitting them out, but this movie isn't coming anywhere close to that line, thank goodness.  It might turn into a cheese-fest, plenty of people like cheese.  As others have said, Predator 2 was full of campy moments and still ended up being an entertaining ride.

I genuinely believe two things...

N°1 : that it won't be as good as the first movie (i know, understatement of the year  :laugh:)

N°2 : that it could totally be better than the second movie that i love so much.

Regarding more sequels, if this movie happen to have one, i wonder
Spoiler
if they'll kill all loonies as planned originally, or maybe let one live due to reshoots, in order to appear in a sequel and maybe become the main character in case of McKenna not returning... I was thinking of Nebraska possibly surviving, as he is the main loonie, though i don't want to know it before is see it in theaters
[close]

Qanon

Qanon

You goddamn sycophants are ruining ALL movies, not just Predator. When you reward studios for making crap it just inspires studios to CONTINUE to make crap.

But hey, at least you're getting a new Alien/Predator/Star Wars/Transformers movie. Who cares if it's garbage and long as it has a brand name you're familiar with on it! You'll go see it and you'll lap it all up without one critical thought about what you're consuming and all us rubes with standards and critical thinking skills are just backward babies who need to open our minds to being mindless consumers like the rest of you.

Enjoy your prole chow while you can. Maybe if this movie fails you'll learn your lesson but I doubt it.

yautjapet

Yeah, because the countless posts and discussions and differing opinions about the movies on this very forum is "mindlessly consuming." Sure.  ::)

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Nathsp on Jul 17, 2018, 01:30:52 PM
ou can have a predator full of equip that can be agile, the armour can be made of alien material, like in pred 2, heavy doesnt need to mean heavy weight.
But ey, if you prefer a dumb gorila with no armour, great for you, for me wolf pred is more menacing than this

Oh yeah, the dude that fought the weakest weak ass aliens in the galaxy... Totally imposing there.

I'll take Jungle and City Hunter any day. I'd put good money on Greyback being like the Lion Walken talks about in Poolhall Junkies

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Qanon on Jul 17, 2018, 03:39:31 PM
You goddamn sycophants are ruining ALL movies, not just Predator. When you reward studios for making crap it just inspires studios to CONTINUE to make crap.

But hey, at least you're getting a new Alien/Predator/Star Wars/Transformers movie. Who cares if it's garbage and long as it has a brand name you're familiar with on it! You'll go see it and you'll lap it all up without one critical thought about what you're consuming and all us rubes with standards and critical thinking skills are just backward babies who need to open our minds to being mindless consumers like the rest of you.

Enjoy your prole chow while you can. Maybe if this movie fails you'll learn your lesson but I doubt it.

Because obviously you are perfectly legitimate to know what's the best thing to do for a new Predator movie, perfectly experienced and well balanced of course. Dude get the f**k out of here.

Qanon

Qanon

@yautjapet the only "discussions" about this movie are goon boy fanfiction writing and speculation into where it fits in the so called AvP cinematic universe. Anything critical is either ignored or dog piled by condescending jacksses. Deny it all you want, you know true.

von

Yeah shoo man-baby lol

Huggs

What a productive, informative, and intellectually stimulating post.

Somebody should let Finn Haugen know there's been a breach. Hans! Where are you?

skull-splitter

I would agree if you didn't mention star trek and star wars and seemingly put them at a worse place than AvP and AvP-R...

Ramjet311

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 17, 2018, 02:36:14 PM

Spoiler
[close]

N°1 : that it won't be as good as the first movie (i know, understatement of the year  :laugh:)

N°2 : that it could totally be better than the second movie that i love so much.

Spoiler
if they'll kill all loonies as planned originally, or maybe let one live due to reshoots, in order to appear in a sequel and maybe become the main character in case of McKenna not returning... I was thinking of Nebraska possibly surviving, as he is the main loonie, though i don't want to know it before is see it in theaters
[close]

Haha I've been saying that too you all along
Spoiler
i think Nebraska will survive
[close]

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Ramjet311 on Jul 17, 2018, 09:19:28 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 17, 2018, 02:36:14 PM

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Haha I've been saying that too you all along
Spoiler
i think Nebraska will survive
[close]

Yes indeed i remember that ! I just hope no one will spoil the test screenings changes !

OpenMaw

Quote from: Qanon on Jul 17, 2018, 06:07:35 PM
@yautjapet the only "discussions" about this movie are goon boy fanfiction writing and speculation into where it fits in the so called AvP cinematic universe. Anything critical is either ignored or dog piled by condescending jacksses. Deny it all you want, you know true.

Point to some examples.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Qanon on Jul 17, 2018, 06:07:35 PM

This will never fail to amuse me. "All fans do is complain! They're never happy!" "Urgh, all fans do is circle-jerk over any crap they're fed." All discussion - positive or negative - is welcome as long as the people taking part act like adults and treat others involved with respect.

The Old One

The Old One

As SM would say; "Quite."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed