Moments in AVP:R That Made You Cringe/Laugh

Started by The Runner, Apr 06, 2019, 07:47:42 PM

Author
Moments in AVP:R That Made You Cringe/Laugh (Read 42,638 times)

SiL

Quote from: Kradan on May 10, 2021, 08:24:29 AM
1. What he was supposed to do ? Commit Predator seppuku ?
Actually, yes. In the script and novel he even tries. There are on-set photos of Anderson instructing Whyte on how to hold the dagger. He's supposed to die of his wounds before he can.

Not sure why it ended up on the cutting room floor. It would've at least made Scar more sensible -- he held out as long as he could to stop the Aliens spreading, then died.

Quote3. Well, yeah, that's hard to argue. Maybe she missed it
She do. She gets Scar in the gut, below the sternum where the burster is.

Quote4 These Preds weren't wearing their masks
I appreciate this was Anderson specifically addressing why they miss the PredAlien -- but it doesn't answer why they wouldn't even check :D

Although considering how quickly the bursters pop in AvP you can almost forgive them for thinking "Well he didn't die until a minute ago, so surely if he was infected he would've given birth by now."

Kradan

Quote from: SiL on May 10, 2021, 10:14:54 AM
Quote from: Kradan on May 10, 2021, 08:24:29 AM
1. What he was supposed to do ? Commit Predator seppuku ?
Actually, yes. In the script and novel he even tries. There are on-set photos of Anderson instructing Whyte on how to hold the dagger. He's supposed to die of his wounds before he can.

Not sure why it ended up on the cutting room floor. It would've at least made Scar more sensible -- he held out as long as he could to stop the Aliens spreading, then died.

Sorry, I should've said: "Commit Predator seppuku right after he regained consciousness ?"

SiL

Oh.

... I mean, yeah. It's a wonder he didn't just blow himself up there and then.

I know the movie had to happen, but still.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Perhaps amnesia then?

"I remember some horrible dream about smothering and..." -Kane

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: SiL on May 10, 2021, 10:46:21 AM
Oh.

... I mean, yeah. It's a wonder he didn't just blow himself up there and then.

I know the movie had to happen, but still.

I always interpreted it as Scar being a little cocky: "Eh, whatever, I'm fine. Have couple of hours left to get back to my ship, let's go slice some Aliens"

He's a teenager after all

Quote from: Trash Queen on May 10, 2021, 10:54:52 AM
Perhaps amnesia then?

"I remember some horrible dream about smothering and..." -Kane

Except there's a dead facehugger laying near him. And Predators should know what that means

BlueMarsalis79

Fair enough, did not remember that.

Wweyland

Also, the "Scout ship with Predalien" separating from the mother ship has been a source of confusion for years, the movie could have communicated this better (I know it's in the extended cut, although not sure I've actually seen it). The movie rushed through its opening but had no reason to get to the boring human scenes so fast.

SM

The extended cut doesn't explain it either.

SiL

An extra shot of the scout ship breaking off and returning to earth for ... Reasons, did not quite fix it like they hoped.

Nice shot of Saturn though.

SM

Yeah will pay that shot of Saturn.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Is Wolf's ship still in orbit?

Has anyone noticed that the brief shot on Yautja Prime features 2 Predator statues, and one of them looks a lot like Wolf.
I guess Wolf is hot shit on his world, in addition to owning a Penthouse apartment with a great view.
But I guess he owns up to that reputation by answering random distress calls and arriving within an hour on the other side of the galaxy.

Kradan

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Wweyland on May 11, 2021, 07:17:36 PM
I guess Wolf is hot shit on his world, in addition to owning a Penthouse apartment with a great view.
But I guess he owns up to that reputation by answering random distress calls and arriving within an hour on the other side of the galaxy.

It sure wasn't for his talent as a cleaner.

[cancerblack]

I'm now imagining a superhero who is overall very unimpressive and jobs to actual villains all the time, but is beloved by society because he'll fly halfway round the world to get a frisbee off your roof.

Voodoo Magic

Or from the storm drain!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed