Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 828,455 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Red State
Finally got to see this. Was a fun film, but damn lol you just cant trust the ATF lol

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I remember loving that, but thinking back now I can remember almost nothing about it lol.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 08, 2019, 12:09:13 PM
I remember loving that, but thinking back now I can remember almost nothing about it lol.

Just a shame we never got the original ending

Prez

Prez

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 08, 2019, 09:36:59 AM
Always been my favourite of the trilogy too. As dumb as Ewoks beating the Empire's crack troops is (and just when exactly did they get time to build all those giant siege machines in the two minutes since they decided to help?), the other two prongs of that three-way final battle - the space dogfight and Luke vs. Vader and the Emperor - are just incredible.

Summed up perfectly.
That scene where the Rebels first engage the Imperial fleet and you see that shot of all the tiefighters coming towards the screen through the Falcon's main cockpit window is absolutely stunning practical effects. "It's a trap!"

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

It's amazing how the effects work developed during the course of making that trilogy. Watch the Death Star dog fight scenes in the first film and then compare it to the battle in the third. I can't imagine how many passes some of the Endor battle shots took.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 07, 2019, 09:07:53 AM
Love the scene where Mark Strong walks into the room to find Gerard Butler tied up face-down on the bed with two Russian nutters dancing over him in their underwear to Russkie death metal, machetes in one hand, bottles of vodka in the other. Gerard's looks at him, imploring him to help, and he just sits down to watch :laugh:

One of the better scenes.
Along with the one of Butler telling Elba he danced with Hardy  :laugh:

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Nov 08, 2019, 12:10:26 PM

Tell me more, tell me more...

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Terminator
Terminator 2: Judgment Day

History of the World Part I

"Hey, motherf**ker!" :laugh:

Huggs

Huggs

The Producers (2/5)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Nov 08, 2019, 01:46:13 PM

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Nov 08, 2019, 12:10:26 PM

Tell me more, tell me more...

well

Spoiler
The original planned ending of Red State did actually involve the Apocalypse. The trumpet sounds were meant to be real and the Four Horseman were going to arrive and heads were going to explode
[close]

Rules of Engagement
Not a film that gets talked about much in Samuel L. Jackson's film oevre. Its a good film and Tommy Lee Jones is great as always. You can tell they felt it was going on too long though with the ending

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Doomsday

I remember being super disappointed by this when it came out, but catching it again on TV I'd totally forgotten how gloriously insane it is. There's no denying it's not even close to the level of Dog Soldiers, but it's great fun to see the director Marshall paying homage to the movies he grew up watching. It's a mess, but an entertaining mess.

P-Rock

P-Rock

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 09, 2019, 04:25:42 PM
Doomsday

I remember being super disappointed by this when it came out, but catching it again on TV I'd totally forgotten how gloriously insane it is. There's no denying it's not even close to the level of Dog Soldiers, but it's great fun to see the director Marshall paying homage to the movies he grew up watching. It's a mess, but an entertaining mess.

The Hellboy reboot really reminded me of this movie. Guess what? Same director.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The influences are so blatant he might as well have just called it Escape from Scotland. :laugh:

P-Rock

P-Rock

Doom (2005)
A guilty pleasure of mine. Yeah, it's a pretty bad movie and they changed the Demons from Hell story, but I keep watching it. The Rock is hilarious in this. I also love the Clint Mansell soundtrack and FPS scene, and most of the monsters are done with practical effects. 6/10

Doom: Annihilation (2019)
Low budget with some wonky cgi, but not as bad as some make it out to be. It's got a lot of Doom (3) references and at least we get some fireball throwing imps and zombies this time. Acting isn't great, but the soundtrack was nice and the cgi Hell scene looked good. 6/10

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Doctor Sleep

Great stuff. Rebecca Ferguson easily steals the show.

The Old One

The Old One

The Snowman.

It's just as good as you've heard-

Ahahaha

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed