Alien: Phalanx by Scott Sigler

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 10, 2019, 12:59:28 PM

Author
Alien: Phalanx by Scott Sigler (Read 88,777 times)

felix

felix

It's different. I'll give them that.

The Kurgan

True. Credit where credit is due.

I hope it's not a generic lotr ripoff story with with xenos instead of orcs\undead\demons\evil horde.

felix

felix

I am a little tired of Alien novels though. Prefer we get new Predator ones

426Buddy

426Buddy

Sounds kinda cool actually!

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

This sounds pretty fun. That Vikings vs Aliens comic was great, so this could be a lot of fun.

I wonder if this is legit Earth Middle Ages or a pre-industrial humanoid alien species. The synopsis can kind of be read either way.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Well this isn't what I was expecting.

EDIT: Kind of hoping to see some of the Alien 3 monk concepts used in this. Also, would be very cool if this planet isn't a human colony, but rather, another planet seeded by the Engineers.

Ultramorph

Maybe we're finally getting an Arcturian story!

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Wow that's different! Also I agree with NA that it'd be really cool if this were another "human" species that the engineers seeded on some other viable planet. I'm intrigued to see how this turns out.

Miguel

Miguel

It's the first time that Alien is set in the Middle Ages, isn't it?

The Kurgan

I think so.

A short comic, Aliens: Stalker iirc, was set during the viking age, so some time before what people imagine when they think Middle Ages.

Nightmare Asylum

Doesn't sound like this is actually Earth's Middle Ages. Seems to be set on another planet. Which means it is either a human outpost that, for whatever reason, reverted technologically or, more likely, another civilization of essentially humans that the Engineers created. If that's the case, then this thing could be set basically wherever in the timeline and have no effect. 1,000 years after Resurrection? Sure, why not!

Ultramorph

Seems right. I'm guessing that weapon they find will probably be a crashed human ship or something like that.

Perfect-Organism

Ok, so here goes....   ;D

SM, where does this fit on the canon timeline?

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Aug 18, 2019, 05:44:25 PM
Ok, so here goes....   ;D

SM, where does this fit on the canon timeline?

If this is indeed an Engineer-seeded world, I wouldn't be shocked if timeframe is left completely ambiguous.

Very interested to see if this is one where SM can clarify a point in the timeline. His answer (or non-answer) is definitely going to be intriguing.

Miguel

Miguel

What is SM?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed