Alien Timeline Updated

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 16, 2016, 03:20:12 PM

Author
Alien Timeline Updated (Read 69,480 times)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Kradan on Feb 23, 2023, 05:48:12 AMIs that a legitimate complaint ? ???
It's legitimate in that people legitimately complained about it after Aliens gave us lots. People felt that going back to just one Alien was a "rehash" of the original.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I understand finding it unbelievable though...  :laugh:

SiL

SiL

It's a dumb criticism but a very real one.

Kradan

Kradan

The funniest thing is that I used to be bothered by it too. But that was back when I was in 5th or 6th grade and my logic was very much "more equals better". Glad to know there're others  :laugh:

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Alien 3 AC is great and I much prefer it over the theatrical cut except for a couple changes.

One might say it's... cool and good.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 09, 2023, 04:20:59 AMAlien 3 AC is great and I much prefer it over the theatrical cut except for a couple changes.

One might say it's... cool and good.

Hard agree

426Buddy

426Buddy

I'm weird in that I greatly prefer the theatrical cut of all the films.

Kradan

Kradan

Theatrical cut is a "we have Alien 3 at home" version of the movie

Spoiler
IMHO
[close]

SiL

SiL

A more nutritious home made meal instead of greasy junk, yes it is.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Actually after much careful introspection and quiet contemplation you will find that the Assembly Cut is in fact like dining at a gourmet Michelin star restaurant headed by one of the world's most premier chefs.

Citizen Kane walked so Alien 3 AC could run.

SiL

SiL

Alien 3 SE is a pizza loaded with too many different toppings; the TE is a fine Italian pizza with only a few select complementary ingredients that let you enjoy the individual flavours without getting lost in greasy mush.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SiL on Apr 09, 2023, 10:05:57 PMAlien 3 SE is a pizza loaded with too many different toppings; the TE is a fine Italian pizza with only a few select complementary ingredients that let you enjoy the individual flavours without getting lost in greasy mush.
Counterpoint, the TC is a pizza, while the AC is a specially prepared multi-course dinner with flawless preparation and presentation, served in a sequence that each taste sensation compliments the prior one and is a delight for the palate

SiL

SiL

But it's not flawlessly presented or prepared. At least a pizza analogy allows some roughness in either edit.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Alien fans when calmly and rationally discussing what cuts and films that they prefer.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SiL on Apr 10, 2023, 12:13:00 AMBut it's not flawlessly presented or prepared. At least a pizza analogy allows some roughness in either edit.
Yeah but the TC is good but the AC is REAL good so

In fact, for every time you don't watch the Assembly Cut, I'm going to watch it *twice*.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed