"The Best Part Of Filming Had to be the Ensemble" - Shane Blacks Interview

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 15, 2018, 02:32:52 PM

Author
"The Best Part Of Filming Had to be the Ensemble" - Shane Blacks Interview (Read 17,773 times)

ELDERCLANLEADER

Yeah I mean to be fair I didn't take that into account, but even if hypothetically it is more expensive , that doesn't mean the outcome is better. People go on about how good avatar looked and imo it just looked like an above average video game. I feel that when CGI is used right it works, if it's used too much I think it takes away from the realism your trying to portray. The audience can relate far better to a man in a suit or a puppet than something made in CGI especially when it comes to creatures. The truth is CGI just isn't good enough yet , it might be photorealistic but ultimately  it looks fake. Imagine E.T the extra terrestrial being made out of CGI , it just wouldn't hold its weight in gold the way it does now. :-

azamultic

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on May 18, 2018, 05:14:31 PM
Yeah I mean to be fair I didn't take that into account, but even if hypothetically it is more expensive , that doesn't mean the outcome is better. People go on about how good avatar looked and imo it just looked like an above average video game. I feel that when CGI is used right it works, if it's used too much I think it takes away from the realism your trying to portray. The audience can relate far better to a man in a suit or a puppet than something made in CGI especially when it comes to creatures. The truth is CGI just isn't good enough yet , it might be photorealistic but ultimately  it looks fake. Imagine E.T the extra terrestrial being made out of CGI , it just wouldn't hold its weight in gold the way it does now. :-

I am totally agree  ;)

ELDERCLANLEADER

Anyhow , you still excited for The Predator azamultic ? I am .. it's all I can think about  ;D

azamultic

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on May 18, 2018, 05:42:27 PM
Anyhow , you still excited for The Predator azamultic ? I am .. it's all I can think about  ;D

Of course brother!  ;) Can't waint for new footage of predator, of course it's better not see nothign and wait for the movie, but I can't help but want to see new stuff  ;D Also, I found youtube chanel of the stunt actor who plays one of the predators, check him out Elder he has parkour videos, looks really nice. Brian A Prince

https://www.youtube.com/user/BlakTAB/videos

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

Yeah me too bro , I'll check it out when I get home later , I'm really excited to seeing predator more mobile and agile, it's something that's lacked in recent films. I've always imagined him being able to hop about parkour style from tree to tree etc, so I'm really pleased they are implementing it into the new film. Honestly I think The Predator is going to be a hit , I just hope the fans don't boycott it and ruin any success it might bring to the franchise. They have to at least give it a chance surely,

Like I said the other day fans bring down franchises long before studio companies do, and if I don't see a new predator film for 20 years all because some fans can't accept change is needed to the formula , and so the film flops because no one bothered to see it , I'll be highly pissed at them , not Shane black. At the end of the day if they really cared about the character the way they claim , they would want the film to be a success, regardless if they like it or not.

It's sort of akin to biting your nose off to spite your face imo.

Master

If the film is good it's succesfull. If not it's not. Simple as that.

MudButt

Quote from: Master on May 18, 2018, 07:19:22 PM
If the film is good it's succesfull. If not it's not. Simple as that.

Not exactly, plenty of bad movies make tons of money. Transformers movies, DCEU films (which I have enjoyed, but many critics and fans tore apart), plus we get plenty of generic action flicks throughout the summer that make money (Rampage, etc). Overseas markets swarm to blockbusters regardless of quality.

There are also plenty of great blockbuster films that make no money. It all depends on the marketing, quality of the movie, which if it's good will lead to word of mouth and increased views. Fox will need to amp up the marketing once we get to August, they have a really good release date and can definitely do some box office if the movie works.

ELDERCLANLEADER

I just get the feeling some fans just want this film to fail , and are trying to bring it down , the negativity surrounding the film is huge, and I'm worried it's becoming a snowball and it's in every corner of the net at the moment, imo it's based on nothing. An old script and a minute and half sneak peak trailer apparently equals a bad movie with these guys and it's getting old. It's way to early and Predator is in turbulent times at the moment , with Disney's takeover of fox , Disney will have its eye on this film and  if the film flops say goodbye to predator for 20 years , and imo its the negative fans that will of done that. I just believe if you truly love something , you would want it to succeed even if you didn't like it ..

MudButt

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on May 18, 2018, 07:40:30 PM
I just get the feeling some fans just want this film to fail , and are trying to bring it down , the negativity surrounding the film is huge, and I'm worried it's becoming a snowball and it's in every corner of the net at the moment, imo it's based on nothing. An old script and a minute and half sneak peak trailer apparently equals a bad movie with these guys and it's getting old. It's way to early and Predator is in turbulent times at the moment , with Disney's takeover of fox , Disney will have its eye on this film and  if the film flops say goodbye to predator for 20 years , and imo its the negative fans that will of done that. I just believe if you truly love something , you would want it to succeed even if you didn't like it ..

Disney hasn't taken over Fox yet. It may not even happen. Comcast made a larger cash bid for Fox but nothing will happen for a while due to other deals being reviewed. It's business as usual until any of those deals go through.

But yes, I have also felt a sense of heavy negativity towards the film based off of a very old early draft and poorly edited teaser. Which does warrant some caution for the film but not the overall hatred it's been getting. Some people just deal in extremes.

ELDERCLANLEADER

MudButt granted I was equally negative , but I realised it was based on largely nothing, hearsay a dodgy early script and mostly my own bias on what predator is to me as a person , the trailer was ok imo it was simple and to the point , I don't see nothing wrong with that , it was just a sneak peak at the end of day.

However the way some "fans" are literally trying to sabotage the film before it's come out is really starting to grate on me. I sort of feel like as someone who truly loves this character, I have to stick up for this film , because the simple fact remains we haven't seen it yet . By the way thanks for the heads up on Comcast bro , I wasn't aware of that !  ;)

Master

Or maybe it has something to do with the story being subpair?

ELDERCLANLEADER

Master have you seen it yet ? Do you know something we don't ?

MudButt

MudButt

He's read the early leaked version of the script. Which I have too. It's not a great script, it's got an interesting idea but it goes sh*t bonkers in the third act. It also has some pretty bad dialogue throughout. However, as many have pointed out it was a very early draft. It seems some on this site are basing the movie with the idea that the script some people read is the one they shot.

Now, to be fair, there was some dialogue in the recently released teaser that was more or less the same from the script and there were even some scenes that were extremely similar to the script. BUT, it was only 90 SECONDS of footage. The movie is going to be at least 100 minutes. That's why reading a first draft of a movie isn't ideal because a script changes so much from the first draft to the final draft, hell even the shooting script changes. Plus once the movie is being filmed new ideas pop up. Shane Black has known to change things even during filming and write new scenes. Finally, when the movie is being edited it can become a completely different movie.

ELDERCLANLEADER

Yeah MudButt you hit the nail on the head there , look at the original predator film , there were tons of things that were in the early draft , that never made the final cut , he'll even the creature was different until they hired Stan winston , does that mean predator isn't a classic ? Of course not. People need to get of their high horse and just give the film a chance before they slate it.

OpenMaw

There's nothing in the teaser that indicates major changes have taken place.

It's not about wanting it to fail. If they followed that script, it will be a failure.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed