2016 for BOTH films?

Started by CainsSon, May 26, 2015, 04:53:31 AM

Author
2016 for BOTH films? (Read 3,747 times)

CainsSon

CainsSon

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/05/19/alien-5-vs-prometheus-2-shaw-and-ripley-go-head-to-head-in-2016-2943353

...Grain of salt.

I think they would be wise to do this and they should make the ALIEN film come out after the PROMETHEUS film. If P2 comes out say, during XMAS of 2016 and then A5 comes summer 2017... Or perhaps P2 in the early summer and A5 for Christmas or Thanksgiving.... It will generate more interest in P2 and A5 and fans will want to see both and thus spark some sort of  new fans to blast the rest of the films.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Just reads as speculation to me. I don't expect to see them for 2016.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I honestly don't think it makes any difference when either film is released as neither will deal with the other. I'm pretty confident in Prometheus being filmed but I'll be surprised if A5 ever happens. To me, it seems to be bullshit at the moment.

Jarac

Jarac

2016? That'd be only a year for A5 so hell no.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: whiterabbit on May 26, 2015, 08:22:09 AM
I honestly don't think it makes any difference when either film is released as neither will deal with the other. I'm pretty confident in Prometheus being filmed but I'll be surprised if A5 ever happens. To me, it seems to be bullshit at the moment.

I doubt that. We've seen them as both having momentum. I wouldn't be surprised if Prometheus 2 was delayed a bit due to Scott's work elsewhere and the apparent script rewrites but I don't think it's bullshit in the slightest.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Considering Scott is busy filming The Martian right now and the script for alien 5 hasn't even been completed, 2016 for either is a definite no no.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I can see Alien 5 coming out for a February-March release date. It would be cool if both Alien 5 and Predator 4 came out in 2017.

Gazz

Gazz

Quote from: TheBATMAN on May 27, 2015, 06:09:31 PM
Considering Scott is busy filming The Martian right now and the script for alien 5 hasn't even been completed, 2016 for either is a definite no no.

The Martian has already wrapped.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 27, 2015, 03:24:47 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on May 26, 2015, 08:22:09 AM

I doubt that. We've seen them as both having momentum. I wouldn't be surprised if Prometheus 2 was delayed a bit due to Scott's work elsewhere and the apparent script rewrites but I don't think it's bullshit in the slightest.
I have loads of confidence that we'll get Prometheus 2; it's Alien 5 that I doubt will happen... any time soon but if you say so I'll take your word for it. You guys are way more Alien than me. :P

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

We're halfway through 2015 now. There's no way we're seeing either film in 2016.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Gazz on May 27, 2015, 11:21:46 PM

Release is later this year - so he'll be busy in post. A release of next year is unlikely.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 28, 2015, 04:18:03 AM
We're halfway through 2015 now. There's no way we're seeing either film in 2016.

A very late 2016 release could be possible if they started principle photography on either film by August 2015 latest. Though it's unlikely as there are currently no cast or crew (cinematographer, production designer, costume designers etc.) attached to either production. Not to mention the lack of any official announcements from Fox.

Gazz

Gazz

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 28, 2015, 07:36:33 AM
Quote from: Gazz on May 27, 2015, 11:21:46 PM

Release is later this year - so he'll be busy in post. A release of next year is unlikely.

I agree. Very unlikely.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I love how he will call out shit.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed