Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 639,441 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

But there's different cases of twins if we're going with that example. I assume you're implying the Hugger could carry fraternal twins?

maledoro

maledoro

Yeah. I doubt if they could deliberately split one embryo into two. The hugger could possibly pump one out, still feel horny, and go and look for another host to "express its urges" on.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It could be possible
Quote from: maledoro on Dec 13, 2006, 10:54:50 PM
Yeah. I doubt if they could deliberately split one embryo into two.
We don't know strictly how it works. If it was as simply as just transfering the embryo into the host, it'd be possible to just cut the embryos from the Huggers rather than go through all the trouble of infecting people.

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 10, 2006, 11:59:59 AM
If you listen to the end of the Aliens credits, you can hear the sound of a Face-Hugger. Random info for you.

I've watched Aliens countless times and I have never once heard this thing in the credits.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Very end.

Mystic Lemons

Mystic Lemons

Not on all versions, either. Though I think it's on most of the dvd's, probably.

Newsfop

Newsfop

We never do get to actually see the biology lecture on the life cycle of the alien species. I still think that the most interesting aspect is that the chest-burster takes on attributes of its host to be a more lethal hunter. I'm guessing the face-hugger doesn't know that it didn't land on an all-dog planet, which advantageously made it even more dangerous because any dog long-legged dog can outrun a human.

frost

frost

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 14, 2006, 10:45:55 PM
Very end.
On the special edition only(video as well)

Stay Frosty

Stay Frosty

its not on most region 2 discs, its on the videos.

i guess burke told bishop too, or when ripley is in the quuens chamber bishop took the drop ship to the derilict to get one

Meathead320

Meathead320

Maybe the Queen was not the only alien to sneak aboard the craft? Perhaps an Adult alien just happened to grab an egg or two and follow the queen on board. 

The Queen has to leave her hive, and because she has the secondary set of smaller arms, she can grab two eggs to bring with her, and her bigger primary arms are then still freed up.

BUT During the scene where Ripley is being chased by the Queen, we can see her secondary hands are empty, so this does not hold. The other reason is that near the Queen it does not look like there were any more good eggs to grab any way. I think it is an optional use for the secondary arms, but because of the above this did not happen.

So where did the eggs/egg come from? Bishop? Queen? Another Adult alien that did not make its presence known?

Were there more than one facehugger, more than one egg, or a single egg with two huggers, or one egg with one hugger with two embryos?

I think it is one of the great mysteries of the Alien Saga.

It is like a Magician; if you explain your tricks it is no longer as interesting.

maledoro

maledoro

Or, maybe like insects (which Cameron had virtually made the aliens into), the queen laid the egg. Wouldn't that be something.

She had plenty of time in her flight in the dropship landing gear compartment. The egg was smaller, since it didn't have time to mature in an egg sac. It was upside-down probably due to her having to pop it out in an unnatural position.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: maledoro on Jan 14, 2007, 10:35:47 PM
Or, maybe like insects (which Cameron had virtually made the aliens into), the queen laid the egg. Wouldn't that be something.

She had plenty of time in her flight in the dropship landing gear compartment. The egg was smaller, since it didn't have time to mature in an egg sac. It was upside-down probably due to her having to pop it out in an unnatural position.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/maledoro/sa/emot-science.gif

That one makes the most sense to me.

davebhamuk

davebhamuk

The alien egg opening noise is on the end of both special edition included in the alien quadrilogy thats region 2.

I can buy the queen managing to pop a couple of eggs out. However I would have thought that the ship which could detect the aliens as witnessed in the scene in alien 3 where Ripley asks Bishop if an alien was onboard, would have been able to warn them that the eggs were also on board. I like the theory that Bishop did want the alien returned to earth, I mean why else spend the majority of your time dissecting the alien? he wouldnt have learned anything in that short space of time and he would have been much better suited to be sent in with the marines as a scout.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: davebhamuk on Jan 17, 2007, 12:04:46 AM
The alien egg opening noise is on the end of both special edition included in the alien quadrilogy thats region 2.

I can buy the queen managing to pop a couple of eggs out. However I would have thought that the ship which could detect the aliens as witnessed in the scene in alien 3 where Ripley asks Bishop if an alien was onboard, would have been able to warn them that the eggs were also on board. I like the theory that Bishop did want the alien returned to earth, I mean why else spend the majority of your time dissecting the alien? he wouldnt have learned anything in that short space of time and he would have been much better suited to be sent in with the marines as a scout.

Unless, for some unknown reason the Sulaco was programmed NOT to warn them, even if it did detect the Alien there.

I smell a conspiracy!

Conspiracy in an Alien movie? ABSURD!

maledoro

maledoro

However I would have thought that the ship which could detect the aliens as witnessed in the scene in alien 3 where Ripley asks Bishop if an alien was onboard, would have been able to warn them that the eggs were also on board.
For starters, the alien in question was the facehugger. All the ship knew was that there was something moving in that part of the ship. The computer didn't know what it was, so it just let the facehugger be.

I like the theory that Bishop did want the alien returned to earth, I mean why else spend the majority of your time dissecting the alien? he wouldnt have learned anything in that short space of time and he would have been much better suited to be sent in with the marines as a scout.
As much as we like to see Bishop as a bad guy, there isn't enough evidence to support this. Bishop didn't know that there was an alien [facehugger] onboard until Ripley had wired him to the EEV's black box. If Ripley had (rightfully) felt betrayed by Bishop, she would have taken the time to beat the shit out of what was left of him.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed