New The Predator Still in Empire Magazine

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 08, 2018, 11:39:45 AM

Author
New The Predator Still in Empire Magazine (Read 34,395 times)

PredBabe

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 24, 2018, 11:22:23 AM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 23, 2018, 10:05:20 PM
I hope not. I really hope not, and i'm not really seeing it myself, but hey, one never knows.

I've seen a few good Predator female designs, but then they get to the chest and it's like they can't help themselves.

I keep saying look at viking women or American Indian wardrobe. That's where you can see an influence that makes sense and from that you could design a female predator that isn't a glorified sex object with a monsters head on it. I mean, Predators have big heads to begin with yet somehow some of these artists still give them boobs that rival the size of their heads. It especially doesn't make sense if you're trying to design a warrior or a hunter kind of a character. They'd have that shit taped or strapped down.

Maybe they rewrote the script so Captured and Upgrade are actually married and this whole thing is a Predator divorce settlement.

I think captured wanted to keep the car, but upgrade disagreed gently  :laugh:

:laugh:

Hopefully they'll realize it's only fair to cut everything down the middle.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: PredBabe on Jun 24, 2018, 12:14:52 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 24, 2018, 11:22:23 AM
I hope not. I really hope not, and i'm not really seeing it myself, but hey, one never knows.

I've seen a few good Predator female designs, but then they get to the chest and it's like they can't help themselves.

I keep saying look at viking women or American Indian wardrobe. That's where you can see an influence that makes sense and from that you could design a female predator that isn't a glorified sex object with a monsters head on it. I mean, Predators have big heads to begin with yet somehow some of these artists still give them boobs that rival the size of their heads. It especially doesn't make sense if you're trying to design a warrior or a hunter kind of a character. They'd have that shit taped or strapped down.

Maybe they rewrote the script so Captured and Upgrade are actually married and this whole thing is a Predator divorce settlement.

I think captured wanted to keep the car, but upgrade disagreed gently  :laugh:

:laugh:

Hopefully they'll realize it's only fair to cut everything down the middle.

Hum yeah... I'm positive they cut stuff, but i won't go into further explanation...  ;)

OpenMaw

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 24, 2018, 12:25:36 PM
Hum yeah... I'm positive they cut stuff, but i won't go into further explanation...  ;)

Lorena Bobbitt style, or...?

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 24, 2018, 04:04:40 PM

Don't know what it was, checked it, and thanks to you my wee hurts now  :laugh:

Wysps

I have definitely noticed this phenomenon :D From what we've been shown so far in the mythos, traditional Predator style is tribal, so it'd make sense to keep both sexes in line with that aesthetic.  I actually really like the idea of the females being akin to the viking women, with furs and such.  Chests definitely get in the way of certain movement (that's why leotards are so tight, to make sure nothing is moving around while you're doing jumps, etc.  Hell, that's the point of sports bras.) It would only make sense to bind if they're heading into the heat of battle and swinging from trees, roundhouse kicking.  Don't understand the fixation on the grossly disproportionate Predator females in fanart, but my inkling is that if they were to ever make an appearance on the screen, it'd probably be similar to those ::) And I'll suffer through it with one, drawn out laborious sigh.

YTL_Hunter_H2

Please next they'll be talking about making a predator lgbt. Keep the female predators in comics the only one that worked was big momma

Wysps

Quote from: YTL_Hunter_H2 on Jun 24, 2018, 08:21:40 PM
Please next they'll be talking about making a predator lgbt. Keep the female predators in comics the only one that worked was big momma

Doubtful.

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 24, 2018, 05:35:13 PM

That was horrifying  :-[

PredBabe

PredBabe

I wouldn't mind seeing a female predator on another planet or even their home world. I just think it's more the males who really take part in the hunt, but my perception is primarily due to the fact that the original writers of Predator had envisioned a brotherhood of hunters traveling the galaxies for these hunts. I'd imagine a female would only get involved if the situation were very serious or involved their baby... but of course execution is key with however they decided to depict them in a movie. Love the idea of them being draped in pelts though.

I love to think that the males completely respect their females though and act inferior when they're around.  ;D

OpenMaw

Quote from: PredBabe on Jun 24, 2018, 10:14:31 PM
I love to think that the males completely respect their females though and act inferior when they're around.  ;D

There's (one of the only) a great scene in AVPR (I know, I said that.) Where Wolf put's his hand on the mask of a fallen comrade and he makes this... I don't know it sounds like a submissive dog mixed with a cat purring, sound... That sound is the exact sound I hear when I read this.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 24, 2018, 10:19:27 PM

There's (one of the only) a great scene in AVPR (I know, I said that.) Where Wolf put's his hand on the mask of a fallen comrade and he makes this... I don't know it sounds like a submissive dog mixed with a cat purring, sound... That sound is the exact sound I hear when I read this.

Precisely! They use their hunting trips to escape from their nagging, domineering women.  :laugh:

AVPR did well with Wolf's portrayal. The beginning scenes with him and then the power plant scene were the best moments, for me, from the movie.

yautjapet

I really love that moment. And I can dig the idea of yautja females having more of the upper hand when it comes to both relationships, whatever they might be, and their culture.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: yautjapet on Jun 25, 2018, 02:49:02 AM

I really love that moment. And I can dig the idea of yautja females having more of the upper hand when it comes to both relationships, whatever they might be, and their culture.

I'm on board with that too.  I thought that scene was extra special because it actually added solid characterization to the Predator main, which imo was lacking in both AVP's.  (Also, it's good evidence that they're capable of feeling sadness and empathy.)  I hope we get some more moments like that in The Predator. 

skull-splitter

We're on an express elevator to fan fiction hell, going down!

YTL_Hunter_H2

Quote from: skull-splitter on Jun 25, 2018, 09:06:20 AM
We're on an express elevator to fan fiction hell, going down!
:D

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 24, 2018, 05:35:13 PM

Now we know why the ship crashed.

It was sorrow and respect rolled into one. Sadness for a fallen brother.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed