AvP2 Trailer Status

Started by Darkness, Aug 02, 2007, 08:42:09 PM

Author
AvP2 Trailer Status (Read 19,531 times)

Tinman

Tinman

Is the storyline still that same terrible script set in a country town in America? If it is, then it has already lost my interest. I am a big fan of both Alien and the Predator franchises, and even though the first AvP totally ruined what was great about both of them, I still had hopes to see it rectified in AvP2.   I just do not get what is so hard about making an AvP film set 800 years in the future, on a newly terra-formed planet which is co-incidentally a colonial marine deep space outpost. Chuck in some story about a crashed Predator space craft (that was overun by Aliens), a marine investigation and infection, a Predator search and rescue operation, followed by an epic escape sequence onboard a marine battleship and Predator mothership, and you have a movie. Same recycled material from the old films, but thats what fans want to see.  Hell you could even spice it up a bit and put something like a female predator in as the main predator character (just to give the movie something else going for it). Just don't show us her face...  I do hope this movie is as good as everyone is saying what it will be, but if it is not true to the original franchises and adhere to keywords such as "space", "future", "hunter", "alone", "suspense", "action", and "decent damn storyline that even a damn kid could come up with", then it's automatically terrible in my book.

EpsilonOrpheon777

EpsilonOrpheon777

where have you been the past 6 months  and to "lose interest" before we've even seen the trailer is just plain ignorant of you. frickin' wait until next week when you see the trailer, then make your judgment on two mins. of the actual film

predatoriankang

predatoriankang

The pred in this one will most likely hav a mask like the one in predator1 sense hes older he might be an elder or a barbarian pred,cause hes by himself.

predatoriankang

predatoriankang

Im glad they made it an R rated movie this time,with swearing and more violence.If this pred is alone then he has to be good to fight ALIENS.....   I hope they make him fight the predalien,and make him actually live this time.

predatoriankang

predatoriankang

INthe third AVP movie they should make a predatorian,now that would KICKASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meetxj9

Meetxj9

Well, they did take the hassle of setting up the effects and stuff for the trailer. To make it more compeling from what we are told. I will be a big ass monkeys uncle if what we see is just plain crap. With all the secretcy and delays.  However,if we like what we see. Then its all good. I can then show the clip to the Nay-Sayers without getting the "We told you so!!!!" bullshit.

Greg & Colin are Awesome!

Greg & Colin are Awesome!

couldn't it be that the trailers / website will already be released this weekend due to a convinced marketing of fox after seeing them? if they are happy with everything they could get the stuff out even earlier then expected... only speculation ofc but let's wait and see!    ;)  

Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime

Im looking forward to the trailer! It should give us a insight to the movie (please be good!)  Rock On!

Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime

Hey 'Tinman' I gotta say i feel what ur saying! the script of AVP2. the one your referring to (american town), totally sucks! and the whole 'AVP should be set in the future & space' i totally agree.  Oh well lets just pray that AVP2 is good!  (the trailer should give us a insight to the feel of this film)  Rock On! Brother

I...Am..The NIGHT..

I...Am..The NIGHT..

Tottaly agree

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

It's more than reasonable to believe one alien warrior is fully capable of killing two predators in succession. Especially considering the circumstances of that situation. Each alien is a very formidable opponent, or preds wouldn't waist their time with them. And considering they're suppose to be the pinnacle of the galaxy's deadly prey, watering down the alien's effectiveness indirectly ruins the predator's credibility.  Regarding acid proof armor, obviously they hadn't earned it yet. I also thought their faces were great given the fact that they were young adults. The only problem was the elder.  I obviously enjoyed the movie, but it wasn't perfect (oviously). I won't go into detail, but there were a number of things I would have done differently. Showing almost all of the only one-on-one fight sequence online before the movie opens is one major problem. Having only one one-on-one fight sequence is another. lol    ;)  

JESSE

JESSE

HMMM OKAY SO WHEN NEXT WEEK ARRIVES...WILL WE WILL GET ANOTHER STORY....????

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Tinman: For all you know, the creatures in all of the films could have already been female. Or perhaps the only gender difference is why their heads looked completely different between the first and second films.

HuntersMoon

HuntersMoon

The predator is gonna f**k them aliens up..The alien fans will be dissapointed to see the aliens loosing this time around but oh well..AVP was such BS when it came to the predators..2 Predators die within 10 min which is beyond gay..Now this predator is Old and Experienced he will go through alot more than 2 aliens, ill tell you that..So ALIEN FANS BETTER BUCKLE UP CUZ YOUR GOING TO BE VERY VERY SAD!! HAHA

D2

D2

HuntersMoon I agree. I have a feeling AVP 2 will be an awesome movie for predator fans as predator will kick a lot of alien ass which alien fans will be pissed. I am predator fan so i would love to see alien fans cry.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed