Pathogen - New Campaign

Started by Kailem, Jun 10, 2022, 04:04:49 PM

Author
Pathogen - New Campaign (Read 35,917 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: RidgeTop on Jun 10, 2022, 06:56:35 PMI certainly feel like I've gotten my money's worth already. Hoping it's not $20 though that would be a bit much. And hopefully the game mode in Season 4 is substantial. That's the thing, the meat of four seasons has been free, with a bunch of new weapons included. All of this has been free:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FPXGS1IWUAEtSwg?format=jpg&name=large
At this point I don't think it's unreasonable to have a paid campaign chapter, but I totally understand folks not feeling as I do.

More details on this from the Steam Page:

https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/1942650/extras/AFE_Pathogen_Banner_GIF_01.gif?t=1654876927
https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/1942650/extras/AFE_Pathogen_Banner_GIF_02.gif?t=1654876927
"The Aliens: Fireteam Elite - Pathogen DLC has arrived! Continue the AFE story with new environments, maps, cosmetics and a campaign that puts the crew of the Endeavor into their most perilous mission yet.

A mysterious pathogen has evolved in the wilds of planet LV-895 and not even Xenomorphs are safe from its ravages. The crew of the Endeavor must venture into uncharted lands and face terrifying new enemies if they hope to discover the source of this mysterious new threat.

The mysterious pathogen is mutating Xenomorphs and local wildlife on planet LV-895. It's up to you and your fireteam to battle through a slew of mutated enemies and eliminate the source of the corruption.

The Pathogen expansion brings all new environments, maps, weapons, and more to the AFE experience. Explore Engineer ruins around the mystery of the infection, delve deep into enemy hives, and avoid the deadly hazards around each corner. Do you have what it takes to survive?

INCLUDED IN THIS EXPANSION
The all new Pathogen campaign, complete with 3 new missions
8 New Weapons, 2 for each weapon type
1 New Perk for each Class Kit
26 New Weapon Attachments
2 New Outfits (for all 7 Class Kits)
6 Head Accessories
21 New Weapon Colors
9 Decals
10 New Emotes

Note: Some of this content must be earned through the game and won't immediately be granted upon purchase."

Liking the sound of all this.
Not a fan of gorilla arms there though.

judge death

judge death

Is slightly worried and to me strange that xenomorphs can be affected by the pathogen, thought they wouldnt but I guess it will give the game more variety in enemy types.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: judge death on Jun 10, 2022, 07:30:29 PMIs slightly worried and to me strange that xenomorphs can be affected by the pathogen, thought they wouldnt but I guess it will give the game more variety in enemy types.

It does kinda contradict Into Charybdis, but the pathogen did affect them in the Fire & Stone and Life & Death comics.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah that misses the mark frankly. I don't like the Alien being affected myself. Especially in the aforementioned. Even in Infiltrator it used a combination of radiation and the host being infected with the Pathogen to create that narrative idea. 

Kailem

Kailem

I like that they're expanding on the Neomorphs beyond what we saw in Covenant, especially in terms of what looks like a Neomorph hive with pod-like structures reminiscent of the things that the spores originally came from.

Hopefully they'll include the "standard" Neos the same way they included pretty much all the "standard" types of Aliens along with the new variants, but I've got no problem with the inclusion of more variants themselves.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

In the official Discord, Devs are trying to silence any criticism made by people unhappy with the DLC being paid, which is a completely valid reason to be unhappy seeing how the devs said post-launch content wouldn't be paid.

Another thing to note, only 3 missions and 4-5 enemies is not worth more than 10 dollars here. The base game is 40 dollars and it includes 12 missions and 20ish enemies. I'm frankly disappointed that the devs failed to follow their own promises and are actively trying to silence criticism.

Kradan

Kradan

Speaking of spores, wouldn't Marines walking inside a hive created by Neos be instantly f**ked ? Because of, you know, all the spores in the air ? Or is it gonna be just ignored ?

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

The game isn't meant to be taken that seriously according to the devs themselves, then again, they've gone back on their word before.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Kradan on Jun 10, 2022, 07:49:28 PMSpeaking of spores, wouldn't Marines walking inside a hive created by Neos be instantly f**ked ? Because of, you know, all the spores in the air ? Or is it gonna be just ignored ?

I had the same thought. Equip the gas mask cosmetic I guess.

Kailem

Kailem

Quote from: Kradan on Jun 10, 2022, 07:49:28 PMSpeaking of spores, wouldn't Marines walking inside a hive created by Neos be instantly f**ked ? Because of, you know, all the spores in the air ? Or is it gonna be just ignored ?

Heh, yeah I guess any character that goes in there without a mask is going to die a horrible death about one mission later.

mike

mike

its nice that they added a new campaign thats going to have 3 new missions, are they going to add anymore campaigns in the future or is this the only one

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Kailem on Jun 10, 2022, 07:40:18 PMI like that they're expanding on the Neomorphs beyond what we saw in Covenant, especially in terms of what looks like a Neomorph hive with pod-like structures reminiscent of the things that the spores originally came from.

Hopefully they'll include the "standard" Neos the same way they included pretty much all the "standard" types of Aliens along with the new variants, but I've got no problem with the inclusion of more variants themselves.

100% Agreed.

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Jun 10, 2022, 07:48:15 PMIn the official Discord, Devs are trying to silence any criticism made by people unhappy with the DLC being paid, which is a completely valid reason to be unhappy seeing how the devs said post-launch content wouldn't be paid.

Another thing to note, only 3 missions and 4-5 enemies is not worth more than 10 dollars here. The base game is 40 dollars and it includes 12 missions and 20ish enemies. I'm frankly disappointed that the devs failed to follow their own promises and are actively trying to silence criticism.

I have no issue with it being paid, and genuinely think that it's okay, being that it's not part of the roadmap that all being said...

I really hope it's more substantial than what we are seeing here, I paid twenty six pounds for the Deluxe Edition and I just don't think it's worth anything more, they can not charge half of that for a single campaign afterwards.

Quote from: Kailem on Jun 10, 2022, 07:54:40 PM

Heh, yeah I guess any character that goes in there without a mask is going to die a horrible death about one mission later.

Especially with this nonsense.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: mike on Jun 10, 2022, 07:57:52 PMits nice that they added a new campaign thats going to have 3 new missions, are they going to add anymore campaigns in the future or is this the only one

I'm thinking we'll get more, they've already teased Pala Station.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Crossplay July according to one of the developers on their Discord Server. I'd have liked a press release.

judge death

judge death

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jun 10, 2022, 08:45:20 PMCrossplay July according to one of the developers on their Discord Server. I'd have liked a press release.
Hoping for that :D I will get the game for PS4, as I prefer console gaming, but will probably play mostly on pc when with people from here.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed