New Aliens: Fireteam Elite Class & Feature Dropping With Season 3 Update on April 19th

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 29, 2022, 06:47:00 PM

Author
New Aliens: Fireteam Elite Class & Feature Dropping With Season 3 Update on April 19th (Read 11,319 times)

Corporal Hicks

As April quickly approaches, Cold Iron Studios has unveiled the contents of Season 3 of the Year 1 roadmap. As the roadmap laid out for us back in October, Season 3 features a new class and new game feature in the way of the Lancer class and Loadout Presets, which gives players the ability to save up to 10 presets that include Kits, Weapons, and Cosmetics.

Gear up, Marine! "Season 3: Lancer" launches April 19, 2022! Cut through Xenomorph hordes with the new Lancer Class Kit and its shoulder-mounted Particle Lance. Quickly switch between different Kit, Weapon, and Perk Loadouts with the new Loadout Presets feature, and play to unlock 4 new Weapons, 15 new Perks, new Cosmetics and more in this free update!

The Lancer holds the line. They do not falter, they do not retreat. Often, they don't even move.

Passive – Overwatch

While standing still or in cover, gain 1 stack of Overwatch a second, up to 5. Overwatch increases Accuracy, Damage, and Stability by 3% per stack. However, for every second out of cover or moving, lose 1 stack of Overwatch.

Ability 1 – Particle Lance

Fire a powerful particle weapon that penetrates all enemies in the line of fire, blocked only by terrain.

Ability 2 – Onslaught

Immediately reload weapon and automatically reload after every shot for duration. Increases Weapon Damage and Damage Resistance by 20%, decreases Movement and Fire Rate by 20%.

New Aliens: Fireteam Elite Class & Feature Dropping With Season 3 Update on April 19th

In addition to the new class and the Loadout Presets, Season 3 also features 15 new perks, 14 new cosmetic items, 11 new challenge cards and finally, 4 new weapons!

CQW: X1 Fireball

AoE on impact. A launcher in a non-heavy slot, lobbing fireballs with lasting fire patches.

Heavy: M41E4 Heavy Pulse Rifle

Moderate spread. High sustain. The first standard machine gun brought to the Heavy space.

Rifle: X45 Bombard Flechette Rifle

Faster firing. Greater precision. All the goods of the X43 Flechette SMG brought to the DMR space.

Hand Gun: Mark 7 Mod CQB Pistol

Automatic burst. The control of an SMG wrapped in a Machine Pistol.

Season 3 is currently slated to drop on the 19th of April and will be available for free for all who own the game. The new paid-for cosmetic pack, the UACM Frontline pack, will also release alongside Season 3. The Frontline pack contains Mk. 57 compression suit and Marine utility jumpsuit skins for each class, a bucket hat, compression suit helmet, tactical helmet and anti-glare googles. Also included are new weapon decals and shaders, new emotes, challenge cards and more.

Though still some time away, Season 4 will be releasing in the 3rd quarter of 2022, along with a new game-mode and another new feature.

Make sure to keep a close eye on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest intel on Aliens: Fireteam Elite! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

Kailem

This Predator fan approves of the look of the Lancer! :laugh:

Loadout presets is a great addition that I've been wanting since the game came out, too. That's definitely going to make it far more viable to switch up different combinations of perks, weapons and builds than it is right now.

acrediblesource

There is going to be perks for all classes now. Looking forward to that and the loadouts- many of us grinded the last month for them stupid insane achievements. Still haven't got it yet. in two weeks we'll know if it was worth the wait. Now we'll have to do everything all over again.
Every update seems to be void of any xeno related treats. Hope the last season will have a few.

Kimarhi

Game needs new levels more than anything. 

426Buddy

I didn't even make it to season 2 and I haven't seen anything that is going to bring me back.

windebieste

Make the game moddable and you'll have new levels every day. An ALIENS game on Unreal Engine is ideal for this to happen.

But no. The publisher is doing what SEGA did with 'A:CM' and lock down moddability. Public custom made levels would keep the game alive but they appear to want to just keep it closed - just to ensure sales of the next title in the property because the current one is bereft of any fan creativity. Just like A:CM was.

By the way, I still haven't purchased this game and I don't see myself doing so. As someone interested in modding games, it's not enough to dress up a free game engine in a popular IP and be deprived of creative opportunity. I want to do more with it. If I can't, my interest is dramatically reduced.

-Windebieste.

Kimarhi

That would be nice.  AvP2 lasted a decade after it was released because of sp maps like you and psykore released.

Planetavp

I think you mean Demolisher, not Gunner.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kailem on Mar 29, 2022, 08:21:59 PM
This Predator fan approves of the look of the Lancer! :laugh:

Oh yes!!!! However....

Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 29, 2022, 09:44:51 PM
Game needs new levels more than anything. 

Which understandably causes a lot of this....

Quote from: 426Buddy on Mar 29, 2022, 09:55:47 PM
I didn't even make it to season 2 and I haven't seen anything that is going to bring me back.

Corporal Hicks

Unfortunately, the new campaign content isn't mentioned on the roadmap so when/if it drops, it might not even be with the season updates.

Voodoo Magic

It's really starting to feel like (to me) that the new campaign will be a paid dlc expansion. And after the mucho coin that I dropped which feels (personally) wasted on pre-ordering the deluxe version to this point, I'm going to be hard pressed to spend anymore on it (sadly). :-\

TrinityXRevolver

Dev team please listen you guys need to add more faster this feels like you're going to walk away from this project too soon with these huge gaps in content... Please add a melee class before this happens... I'm actually already surprised you guys didn't add a class that was based on the infamous exosuit unit

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

New update looks pretty nice to me. Ability seems badass (that human shoulder canon concept is way cool) and I'm curious about all those new perks. It's also nice to see a second class using heavy weapons.

I know folks be frustrated with the lack of campaign content or other substantial additions, and I'm likely talking to a wall when I defend the game on this. Honestly I'm feeling the wait as well, but I still think it's premature to write the game off because it's not on the timetable we'd all like. We also should remember that working from home affected a lot of game development and many studios are just now getting back in the regular swing of things.

Look at a game like Terminator: Resistance, which had a major addition after a year, and another on year two. Not every game runs on the content timetable of Fortnite and Warzone. Even games that had terrible launches like No Man's Sky and Fallout 76 eventually recovered (after years) and still maintain player-bases and release new content. A closer game to this might be World War Z. Not a huge game by any means, but well regarded, did solid sales, and had a big campaign update two years after release!

There are plenty of other games in the meantime to check out and I'll be excited to jump back into AFTE when new stuff rolls around. This isn't a game reliant on continual MTX sales. This also isn't a game dependent on a massive player-base like current struggling titles such as Battlefield 2042 or Halo Infinite. I'm not ready to write off those games either as dire as their situations may be!

We know campaign content is coming, as they've alluded to, and as has been datamined. It looks pretty cool to me, and as long as it's substantial and compelling, I'm fine with a wait akin to similar scaled titles.

BlueMarsalis79

76 and 2042 are cases of the utterly doomed otherwise I agree.

RidgeTop

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 31, 2022, 06:51:02 AM
76 and 2042 are cases of the utterly doomed otherwise I agree.

I was surprised with 76 getting the fairly large additions that it did, as yes that had one of the worst launches in modern video game history.

But Kailem was telling me he still plays it and it's actually active.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed