Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga (2024)

Started by Nightmare Asylum, May 14, 2020, 11:34:10 PM

Author
Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga (2024) (Read 21,467 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Top tier character played by top tier young actress.  8)

Stitch

Stitch

This should be awesome.

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Seeing Fury Road in theaters was one of the best experiences I've had at the movies in the last 10 years. My eyeballs were constantly in ecstasy. Take as long as you need, George. Please keep it like the last...

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

QuotePretty damn fired up to be a part of a franchise that meant the world to me as a kid growing up in Australia.  Mad Max was the pinnacle and a huge reason why I got into the business of telling stories.  The fact that I'll have the honor of not only being directed by its original visionary in George Miller but also take part in Furiosa's origin story is incredibly exciting.  Huge respect to George, Mel, Charlize, Tom and all the cast and crew who helped build this epic world. I'll do my best to continue the tradition of cinematic badassery 🙏👊
@wbpictures #madmax #furiosa @variety

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

So high for this. Can't wait!

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Anya Taylor-Joy Says Stepping into Charlize Theron's Shoes for Furiosa Prequel 'Can't Be Done'
The actress also reveals she's "already started dreaming" of the iconic character

QuoteAnya Taylor-Joy is "humbled and grateful" after landing the role of Furiosa in George Miller's upcoming prequel to Mad Max: Fury Road.

The actress, 24, spoke about the movie and working with Miller, 75, for the prequel Furiosa on Wednesday's episode of the Happy Sad Confused podcast, saying she had "so many feelings" when the news broke of her casting on Tuesday.

"It's difficult to put into words, I feel so humbled and grateful," Taylor-Joy said. "The first thing that went through my head when I found out I was going to do it was, 'I am so excited to work so hard. I am going to work so hard at this.'"

The Emma star also spoke about taking over the role from Charlize Theron, who originated the role in 2015's Fury Road.

"I fell in love with Furiosa, the way that Charlize presented her," the actress said. "She did such an incredible job and it was so beautiful and I can't even think about trying to step into her shoes. It has to be something different because it just can't be done."

She added, "The level of commitment by those that have come before me, I endeavor to match that. That makes me really excited. [Charlize is] unbelievable. I have so much respect for the originators of this crazy world."

Taylor-Joy also revealed she had not met Miller in person but had had numerous conversations with him "about movies" and "life" on FaceTime.

"I just love his brain, I really feel like we connected," she said.

As for how she's preparing to step into the shoes of Furiosa, Taylor-Joy said, "I've already started dreaming about her. She's coming in pretty strong."

"I'm just so committed to working as hard as I possibly can because I've always said I wanted a role that I have to give everything to," she said while revealing she was still having a hard time believing her casting.

"My celebration was watching Harry Potter and eating great food by myself and being like, 'Is this real?!'"

Miller launched the franchise with Mad Max (1979), Mad Max 2 (1981) and Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome (1985), which all starred Mel Gibson in the leading role. His 2015 film Mad Max: Fury Road followed Max (played by Tom Hardy) as he helped Furiosa, a fierce rig driver, in a war against the tyrant Immortan Joe.

Chris Hemsworth and Yahya Abdul-Mateen II have also been cast in the upcoming prequel Furiosa.

While Taylor-Joy is certainly set for success as Furiosa, Theron admitted earlier this year that it was "heartbreaking" to not be able to play the character after Miller decided against using de-aging technology to transform Theron into the younger character.

"It's a tough one to swallow," Theron told The Hollywood Reporter. "Yeah, it's a little heartbreaking, for sure. I really love that character, and I'm so grateful that I had a small part in creating her. She will forever be someone I think of and reflect on fondly."

Taylor-Joy can next be seen in the Netflix series The Queen's Gambit and Robert Eggers' Viking revenge saga The Northman.

https://people.com/movies/anya-taylor-joy-on-taking-over-furiosa-role-from-charlize-theron/

And here's a link to the podcast that this information came from.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Warner Bros. Dates 'Furiosa', 'The Color Purple' Musical for 2023

QuoteWarner Bros. has dated three upcoming features for 2023, including the Mad Max: Fury Road spinoff Furiosa and The Color Purple musical.

George Miller will write and direct the prequel movie Furiosa, which is set for June 23, 2023.

Anya Taylor-Joy will star in the titular role, which was portrayed by Charlize Theron in the 2015 blockbuster, along with Chris Hemsworth and Yahya Abdul-Mateen II. Miller and Doug Mitchell will produce.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/warner-bros-dates-furiosa-the-color-purple-musical-for-2023

Shasvre

Shasvre

I am really excited to see Anya Taylor-Joy in this, especially given how amazing she was in this years The Queen's Gambit.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 28, 2021, 12:54:09 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 27, 2021, 10:34:59 PM
https://twitter.com/ComicBook/status/1365707290641387522

Excellent.

Now, bring back Bruce Spence!

I don't know if I'm biased on a psychotic level, but I see Moeibius even in my food these days :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

New Mad Max movie starring Chris Hemsworth to be biggest film made in NSW

QuotePremier Gladys Berejiklian says NSW has cemented itself as Australia's cultural capital, after revealing a blockbuster new instalment to the Mad Max franchise will be filmed in her state.

The movie, starring Chris Hemsworth, is set to be the biggest to be made in NSW.

Director George Miller said the movie, titled Furiosa, would be released in mid-2023 and filmed "all over NSW", including parts of Broken Hill.

"This has always been our home, Sydney and NSW, and we have shot so much here," he said.

"It means we are keeping the really brilliant talent here who previously went overseas."

The post-apocalyptic action film will be released in cinemas, unlike many which have gone straight to streaming services during COVID-19.

Hemsworth, who recently moved to Sydney from Byron Bay to film the new Thor movie, said like most Australians, he grew up watching Mad Max and felt a "lot of pressure" to do the franchise proud.

"It's something I'm going to put my heart and soul into because it really is for me, out of everything I've done, the biggest pinch-myself moment because I've grown up watching it."

The actor said the fact the film was being made on home soil was a huge driving factor for him signing on.

The first three Mad Max films (released between 1979 and 1985) launched the career of actor Mel Gibson and the first instalment held the record for the most profitable film ever created for a decade.

Hemsworth said he couldn't give anything away about his character in Furiosa but said he might give Gibson a call for advice.

A fourth Mad Max film, Fury Road, was released in 2015 and grossed around $US 375 million ($486 million) at the box office.

Producer Doug Mitchell said it wouldn't be possible to make the film in NSW without state and federal government incentives.

NSW Treasurer Dom Perrottet said Furiosa was being partly paid for by the "Made in NSW" fund, which was worth $175 million per film over five years.

"The reality is, if you want to make a movie in Australia, you don't want to make it in Queensland, you want to make it in NSW," Mr Perrottet said.

"We are by far the most generous when it come to film investment."

Mr Mitchell concurred and said no other state could match the sum.

Ms Berejiklian said the movie would create 850 local jobs and inject at least $350 million into the state's economy.

"Most importantly it reinforces NSW as the economic capital of Australia, but also, I believe, the cultural capital of Australia," she said.

Federal Minister for Arts Paul Fletcher said Australia was experiencing a boom in the film industry thanks to the country's virtual elimination of COVID-19.

A location incentive established by the federal government, worth $540 million over eight years, had brought 22 productions down under so far, Mr Fletcher said.

"And there's no more iconic Australian franchise than Mad Max," he said.

The last instalment in the Mad Max series, Fury Road, was supposed to be filmed around Broken Hill but unusual rainfall meant the landscape was too green and the film had to be relocated to Namibia in Africa.

Chris Hemsworth said every actor he knows wants to work in Australia right now.(AAP: Mick Tsikas)

Producer Doug Mitchell, actor Chris Hemsworth and director George Miller speak at Fox Studios in Sydney.(AAP: Mick Tsikas)

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04-19/mad-max-new-movie-starring-chris-hemsworth-to-be-filmed-in-nsw/100077950

https://twitter.com/GladysB/status/1383942868960645126

https://twitter.com/AngelaBishop/status/1383948908263403523

QuoteI didn't set out to make a big, epic movie. It's a story I wanted to tell, but as it turns out it's just got a lot of different scenes. The one thing I can say about it, Fury Road happened over three days, I mean, within the film happened over three days and two nights. This is a saga, happens over many years, so there's a lot of different elements to it, but that's all I should say.

https://twitter.com/AngelaBishop/status/1383948361619820547

https://twitter.com/AngelaBishop/status/1383951604290785291

Looks like Dane Hallett is working on Furiosa as well, based on this Facebook post:

https://www.facebook.com/100047776885165/posts/245181587084402/

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed