Unmade Movies

Started by KiramidHead, Apr 11, 2017, 11:15:14 PM

Author
Unmade Movies (Read 31,477 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: genocyber on Apr 18, 2017, 07:21:26 PM
This would have made a fun movie

I was just reading about that in the FvJ book. It was the Evil Dead camp that sank it, sadly.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 18, 2017, 07:04:43 PM
Robotech

One day.

They made a Star Blazers/Yamato live action a couple years ago. 

So there's a chance!

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I have a Robotech script from 2008... by the writer of Bone Tomahawk, of all things. I've not had time to read it, though.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Vermillion on Apr 18, 2017, 08:51:30 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 18, 2017, 07:04:43 PM
Robotech

One day.

They made a Star Blazers/Yamato live action a couple years ago. 

So there's a chance!

Yeah, in Japan.  That just means we'll get a Macross movie instead.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Since Freddy vs Jason came up, I've read five different unused scripts for it. They range from mediocre to god awful, and made the actual movie look like high art by comparison.

genocyber

genocyber

One of the alternate endings never made was Freddy and Jason being sent down to hell and then being confronted by Pinhead as the warden.

PierreVW

PierreVW

Evangelion.

Russ

Russ

Vin Diesel was forever talking about making a Hannibal movie. Given that he's the star of one of the biggest grossing franchises of all time, I why this one is stalled. I just checked on IMDB pro and it was at script stage in 2006 ("Diesel is scouting locations and working out a script in Greek, Latin and Punic") and has been updated each year as "development unknown" with the last update in 2016. So 10 years of development hell.

Costs for this sort of thing have fallen in terms of having to have zillions of extras and all that... I can't see why this one hasn't happened given this is a big passion piece of his (In other news, as I was looking, I see Fast Furious 10 has been "announced."

I think the world is ready for another AvP movie that isn't connected to the current canon but rather to its own crazy one. I'd like to see it with WS Anderson doing it, too. And I'm not even making that up.

I would also like to see "Plissken" with Kurt Russell and John Carpenter teaming up for one last hurrah. Sort of Snake's "Unforgiven." (I think I said elsewhere on here that I only recently learned that "Ghosts of Mars" was originally a Plissken movie). I really think that would play well and work far better than the ludicrous remake they have planned that doesn't have anything to do with the original (if the plot is anything to go by, if the main character wasn't called Snake Plissken it could be any sci-fi movie. Roberta Hauk. Please. So Robert Plissken and Roberta Hauk. Look, I love BvS, but that's on the "martha" level right there).

And yes - I'm also gutted that "Conan the King" has been *ahem* axed.

Infected

Infected

Quote from: genocyber on Apr 18, 2017, 10:11:00 PM
One of the alternate endings never made was Freddy and Jason being sent down to hell and then being confronted by Pinhead as the warden.

That would be cool!!

PierreVW

PierreVW

Quote from: Russ on Apr 20, 2017, 09:24:11 AM
Vin Diesel was forever talking about making a Hannibal movie. Given that he's the star of one of the biggest grossing franchises of all time, I why this one is stalled. I just checked on IMDB pro and it was at script stage in 2006 ("Diesel is scouting locations and working out a script in Greek, Latin and Punic") and has been updated each year as "development unknown" with the last update in 2016. So 10 years of development hell.

Costs for this sort of thing have fallen in terms of having to have zillions of extras and all that... I can't see why this one hasn't happened given this is a big passion piece of his (In other news, as I was looking, I see Fast Furious 10 has been "announced."

I think the world is ready for another AvP movie that isn't connected to the current canon but rather to its own crazy one. I'd like to see it with WS Anderson doing it, too. And I'm not even making that up.

I would also like to see "Plissken" with Kurt Russell and John Carpenter teaming up for one last hurrah. Sort of Snake's "Unforgiven." (I think I said elsewhere on here that I only recently learned that "Ghosts of Mars" was originally a Plissken movie). I really think that would play well and work far better than the ludicrous remake they have planned that doesn't have anything to do with the original (if the plot is anything to go by, if the main character wasn't called Snake Plissken it could be any sci-fi movie. Roberta Hauk. Please. So Robert Plissken and Roberta Hauk. Look, I love BvS, but that's on the "martha" level right there).

And yes - I'm also gutted that "Conan the King" has been *ahem* axed.

Vin Diesel is totally crazy. I remembered he talked about his HANNIBAL in 2007.

He said he wanted Denzel Washington as His Father and Tony Scott(R.I.P.) as The Director.

I think his HANNIBAL is dead. Diesel is a BAD actor. He ISN'T Russell Crowe in GLADIATOR.

Russ

Russ

Quote from: PierreVW on Apr 20, 2017, 09:35:21 PM
I think his HANNIBAL is dead. Diesel is a BAD actor. He ISN'T Russell Crowe in GLADIATOR.

Well, you could just say he's a method actor in that he plays Vin Diesel in every movie... XD.

But I don't think his skills would have a lot to do with it? Rather, how much money could be made off it. Also... why not HBO? Lots of big stars are appearing on TV now. It just seems strange to me that someone with his draw would struggle so much to get his passion piece made (then again, is he still trying that hard?).

PierreVW

PierreVW

Quote from: Russ on Apr 21, 2017, 08:14:10 AM
Quote from: PierreVW on Apr 20, 2017, 09:35:21 PM

Well, you could just say he's a method actor in that he plays Vin Diesel in every movie... XD.

But I don't think his skills would have a lot to do with it? Rather, how much money could be made off it. Also... why not HBO? Lots of big stars are appearing on TV now. It just seems strange to me that someone with his draw would struggle so much to get his passion piece made (then again, is he still trying that hard?).

Nobody makes Old Epics these days. Only Sir Ridley Scott made 2: ROBIN HOOD and EXODUS(3D). But that's why Sir Ridley is The King of Epics with GLADIATOR and KINGDOM OF HEAVEN: DIRECTOR´S CUT.

Vin Diesel needs 130-150 Millions for his HANNIBAL. That's impossible money for him. Especially in these kind of Old Epic.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

The upcoming version of It actually looks pretty close to the two drafts I read from Cary Fukunaga - enough so that they kept a lot of actual dialogue and scenes, and Fukunaga and his partner are credited first script-wise. It'll be interesting if they kept some of the changes that apparently pre-dated Fukunaga, like
Spoiler
making one of the "Losers Club" kids gay.
[close]
There are a couple changes he made that I doubt are in, which is a shame.

I would've loved to see John Carpenter do Shane Black and Fred Dekker's Shadow Company, which I've discussed on-board before - a script they wrote for him and Kurt Russell in the '80s, about a zombified squad of Vietnam vets wreaking havoc. I believe it got kiboshed when Carpenter's various big-budget studio projects flopped. I hear his Creature from the Black Lagoon script is also good but I've yet to read my copy.

Glen Mazzara's Shining prequel script - The Overlook Hotel - leans heavily on actual prologue material Stephen King wrote for the original book and deleted, and is way better than it has any right to be.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 21, 2017, 04:20:32 PM
I hear his Creature from the Black Lagoon script is also good but I've yet to read my copy.

The Bill Phillips draft? That one is pretty good, with a few issues here and there.

QuoteGlen Mazzara's Shining prequel script - The Overlook Hotel - leans heavily on actual prologue material Stephen King wrote for the original book and deleted, and is way better than it has any right to be.

I thought it was great, but the final stretch was a bit weak.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I read JJ's Superman's script before and it would have made Superman 4 look good.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed