Unmade Movies

Started by KiramidHead, Apr 11, 2017, 11:15:14 PM

Author
Unmade Movies (Read 31,475 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I figured I'd make a thread where we could discuss different films that never got made. It also gives me a soapbox to dump all my thoughts om whatever scripts I'm reading between podcast episodes. XD

PierreVW

PierreVW

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 11, 2017, 11:15:14 PM
I figured I'd make a thread where we could discuss different films that never got made. It also gives me a soapbox to dump all my thoughts om whatever scripts I'm reading between podcast episodes. XD

NAPOLEON by Stanley Kubrick.

His friend Steven Spielberg tried to make NAPOLEON too.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Supposedly Cary Fukunaga is directing Kubrick's Napoleon script sometime in the near future. I've yet to get off my ass and actually read the damn thing, though. :laugh:

I'll mention Ridley Scott's I Am Legend, with Arnold starring. John Logan's script was excellent, I could almost see the film while I was reading it.

nanison

nanison

King Conan or whatever the title was.  It was cancelled a day or two ago :-(
Oh well it probably wouldn't get the same feel and atmosphere of the original, too much time between both films. The first one with Arnold is perhaps my favorite movie of all time.

PierreVW

PierreVW

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 12, 2017, 12:35:36 AM
Supposedly Cary Fukunaga is directing Kubrick's Napoleon script sometime in the near future. I've yet to get off my ass and actually read the damn thing, though. :laugh:

I'll mention Ridley Scott's I Am Legend, with Arnold starring. John Logan's script was excellent, I could almost see the film while I was reading it.

I remembered GLADIATOR 2(Sir Ridley Scott).

The script is totally crazy: Maximus(Russell Crowe) versus Ares versus Hades versus Jesus.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: nanison on Apr 12, 2017, 01:29:41 AM
King Conan or whatever the title was.  It was cancelled a day or two ago :-(
Oh well it probably wouldn't get the same feel and atmosphere of the original, too much time between both films. The first one with Arnold is perhaps my favorite movie of all time.

Legend of Conan. I'd love to read the script.

King Conan, Crown of Iron was the one Milius was going to do 1round 2001-2002. The script was great, if a bit messy.

Quote from: PierreVW on Apr 12, 2017, 02:04:19 AM

I remembered GLADIATOR 2(Sir Ridley Scott).

The script is totally crazy: Maximus(Russell Crowe) versus Ares versus Hades versus Jesus.

The script read like Nick Cave dropped wayyyyy too much acid. It read more Jodorowsky than Ridley Scott.

skhellter

skhellter

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 12, 2017, 02:33:23 AM
It read more Jodorowsky than Ridley Scott.

In other words... It pisses all over the original (fairly generic) film.  :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: skhellter on Apr 12, 2017, 03:13:23 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 12, 2017, 02:33:23 AM
It read more Jodorowsky than Ridley Scott.

In other words... It pisses all over the original (fairly generic) film.  :laugh:

Eh... it was only weird for the first third and the very end. The bulk was generic period piece with Maximus skulking around Rome and hanging with the early Christians... which really makes me wonder why Cave wanted to call it Christ Killer, when Maximus does the opposite.

skhellter

skhellter

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 12, 2017, 03:28:26 AM
makes me wonder why Cave wanted to call it Christ Killer, when Maximus does the opposite.

because it's a
great f**king title

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: skhellter on Apr 12, 2017, 03:33:16 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 12, 2017, 03:28:26 AM
makes me wonder why Cave wanted to call it Christ Killer, when Maximus does the opposite.

because it's a
great f**king title

"Maximus was a man... who killed many Christs... he stole the whole true cross..."  ;D

skhellter

skhellter

:laugh:

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

There is Tristar's original Godzilla movie from the 90's before Roland Emmerich direct it.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I would've loved to see the sequel to Godzilla 1998

(no, the treatment like that doesn't mean the final film would've been 100% like that)

nanison

nanison

Another one I've always been waiting for is a live action film of the Thundercats. You know the 80s kids cartoon with an incredibly rich world full of diversity
At this point it seems everything got their revival except thundercats. But then again a thundercats film will turn out in a hollywood cheesefest.

PierreVW

PierreVW

I love GLADIATOR. It won Best Picture at the Oscars.

I wanted DRAGON BALL Z.

When I was a child, my favorite thing in the world was DRAGON BALL Z. My favorite character was and still is Vegeta.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed