What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 575,791 times)

Kradan

Kradan

LOL

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Someone has clearly never enjoyed a chippy beside a very cold and grey sea. But yeah, British food generally sucks.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 05, 2023, 02:49:08 PMSomeone has clearly never enjoyed a chippy beside a very cold and grey sea. But yeah, British food generally sucks.

I love a good fish and chips by port rush. But generally speaking the quality of living has gone down quite quickly here lately.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

No arguments here.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 05, 2023, 02:49:08 PMSomeone has clearly never enjoyed a chippy beside a very cold and grey sea. But yeah, British food generally sucks.

I didn't want to offend the Welsh, Irish or Scottish by tarring all British food as slop, so I was careful to limit my statement specifically to the English.

Does the rest of the UK make delicious cuisine?

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I'm curious about that too. I love potatoes, and I've heard in Ireland they are a serious business, not to mention that they have many varieties.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 05, 2023, 07:11:44 PMI didn't want to offend the Welsh, Irish or Scottish by tarring all British food as slop, so I was careful to limit my statement specifically to the English

Weren't you pining after CB's pies a while back?

Quote from: Kradan on Jan 04, 2023, 08:37:56 PMI like oat flakes with milk. Does that count ?

If you call it "loblolly", then maybe.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jan 05, 2023, 09:03:21 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Jan 04, 2023, 08:37:56 PMI like oat flakes with milk. Does that count ?

If you call it "loblolly", then maybe.

Aren't you supposed to eat beans for breakfast?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

As far as I'm aware the Welsh subsist entirely on a diet of lamb and leeks.

The Scottish have haggis, the contents of which is disgusting, if that sort of thing bothers you, but which is also delicious.

Irish food is broadly similar to British, I've found. Except they have white pudding on their fried breakfasts instead of black. Oh, and Guinness, which constitutes a meal in its own right.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I am very greedy with food. For example, the other day I saw that this is a typical food from Iceland.🤢

And when I hear about Scottish cuisine I imagine sheep guts or something. For sure their desserts are delicious though😅

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jan 05, 2023, 09:03:21 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 05, 2023, 07:11:44 PMI didn't want to offend the Welsh, Irish or Scottish by tarring all British food as slop, so I was careful to limit my statement specifically to the English

Weren't you pining after CB's pies a while back?

@[cancerblack] Do you consider yourself British?

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

@[cancerblack] we need to regicide

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

@Local Trouble

I'm an antipodean colonial of primarily Scottish extraction. So I'm not from the UK and have nothing at all to do with England.

@Crazy Rich

Yes.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I thought you were an unorthodox Māori😅

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed