Why does no one care about the human characters?

Started by KillingJoke, Sep 07, 2007, 01:40:42 AM

Author
Why does no one care about the human characters? (Read 31,431 times)

XenoVC

I cared about Sheriff morales,Dallas,And Ricky thats all really  :D :P

Tender Branson

Who's Darcy?

Alienseseses

Quote from: War Wager on Feb 17, 2008, 07:30:17 PM
I actually cared a little for Carrie although she only had a few lines in the movie:

"No he didn't."
"He always calls Eddie..."
"Ok, I'll see you soon."
"Darcy's picking me up, I'll be staying with her for a few days."

:P

But she generally seemed like a nice, good hearted person. It's a shame she didn't get more screen time. I liked Darcy a lot too exept for her rather stupid one liner.

I hear the bank's hiring.

War Wager

Quote from: Geralt on Feb 17, 2008, 09:22:07 PM
Who's Darcy?

She's the wife of Buddy and the mother of Sam and she see's Carrie lying chestbursted in the kitchen. She's also the one to let loose "The Goverment doesn't lie to people!"

Gunshard

I think the writers will learn from thier mistake on AVP2 and create better scripts for human characters as well as getting better actors.  ;D

Tender Branson

I see. What I don't understand is how can someone like Darcy be anyone's favorite/most cared about character. I mean didn't that lady have only a few lines with the only memorable one of them being "The goverment doesn't lie...".

She was one of the most undeveloped and unimportant characters in the whole movie, I really can't see the appeal in her character.

Corporal Harrison

no one cared about them because there was nothing to like about them, they werent fascinating or entertaining you just wanted them to die.
Mostly because poor character choices, actor choices and poor character development.

Alienseseses

Quote from: Geralt on Feb 18, 2008, 08:55:42 AM
I see. What I don't understand is how can someone like Darcy be anyone's favorite/most cared about character. I mean didn't that lady have only a few lines with the only memorable one of them being "The goverment doesn't lie...".

She was one of the most undeveloped and unimportant characters in the whole movie, I really can't see the appeal in her character.
Because she was the most sympathetic. Her character didn't deserve what was happening. And she acted fine.

Charles Xavier

Well, all I can say is that I don't think anyone cared much about the human characters in Freddy Vs. Jason either.

Alienseseses

Quote from: Charles Xavier on Feb 19, 2008, 01:20:25 AM
Well, all I can say is that I don't think anyone cared much about the human characters in Freddy Vs. Jason either.
They didn't even try in FVJ.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I don't care about the human characters in the AVP, i care more about the Aliens and Predators then the humans (Same with the godzilla movies).

I do care about the human characters in Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Alien R, Predator and Predator 2 though.

Tender Branson

Because she was the most sympathetic. Her character didn't deserve what was happening. And she acted fine.

I don't know, but for me when watching AvP-R, words like bland, boring and "one of many" come to mind when seeing the characters and especially the ones like Darcy.

iceman

The bulk of people don't care about the human characters because they are looking for wwe action  with very little story development...the term "versus" film is thrown around a lot to justify this...In addition to all of this, hollywood is still shoving the vietnam era paranoia down the moviegoers throat , where characters exist only to die because of their belief that the world is totally bankrupt ...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed