New Prey Promo Shows New Predator Footage

Started by von, Jun 08, 2022, 04:59:25 PM

Author
New Prey Promo Shows New Predator Footage (Read 11,069 times)

GreybackElder

Yes, weapons being cloaked and uncloaked are very inconsistent throughout the series.
Predator: wrist blades were uncloaked while killing Dillon
Predator 2: net Gun uncloaked during the voodoo posse attack
Predators: unclear whether staff was cloaked before it hit Mombasa
AVP: spear was cloaked while it impaled one of the workers at the entrance(hole) underground.
AvPr pretty sure all weapons were cloaked while wolf was.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

In the cave shot it looks like the predator has the combistick placed in his lower back, which suggests the upper thing popping out is something else, maybe some kind of sword. At least I hope so.

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

It makes sense for a Alien to have advanced technology and be able to cloak and his weapons to cloak also, if the weapons couldn't cloak then that's weird, someone also mentioned it could be a upgrade to a Hunter class, so when you get to a certain level, you gain access to be able to cloak your weapons

KaliPrime

Quote from: ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR on Jun 09, 2022, 01:22:52 AMIt makes sense for a Alien to have advanced technology and be able to cloak and his weapons to cloak also, if the weapons couldn't cloak then that's weird, someone also mentioned it could be a upgrade to a Hunter class, so when you get to a certain level, you gain access to be able to cloak your weapons

That is a good point, earned capability versus here is the ferrari of weaponry 16 year old pred. We all have to drive a rusted out s**t box at some point. Prove that you don't need it then you can have it. Makes total sense given the implied culture of rites of passage and attainment.

ace3g

The promo just aired during commercial break of the NBA Finals on ABC.

KaliPrime

Sweet! they are leaning in on the promotion! Damn hope this is successful so that we can keep getting flicks!  ;D

GreybackElder

That's a cool fan-theory and it make sense. I also like the idea that maybe the feral pred doesn't have the best tech because he's not part of clan. He's a lone wolf. With that you have to become self reliant. A survivor.

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

It makes sense but also why wouldn't the Predator king or elder Predator, the one in charge not want his clan members to have the ability to cloak his arsenal of weaponry? That part doesn't make sense because if Predator can cloak his weapons then less of a chance of prey spotting him on the hunt

It's a cool ideal for ranking up but on the hunt it doesn't make much sense, why would the elder risk a soldier or other enemies to see a Predator by looking at its weapon

I like the ideal more of Predators having the ability right away to cloak on board weapons and we all know Predators are cocky so what I think they like to do is for there Prey to see the weapon there about to be killed with, they like to taunt, that works if there getting picked off one by one but not in groups

I forgot about Predator 2 spear gun was cloaked in the beginning also, we see the projectile but the weapon itself was cloaked

von

the weapons are only decloaked at key moments so that the audience is able to make out what they are lol..

Yaya

Yaya

I hope it has a predator 2 soundtrack vibe

Lex

Lex

Did any of you watched first Predator movie, when Predator chopped Dillons hand with PC before he fired MP5 at him, scene where Predator came to Dillon cloacked and his Wrist Blades came out, uncloacked... I mean you can write whatever you will, but there are things that are more than obvious in the franchise...

dan

dan

I think this guy gets it. It actually looks like a Predator film FINALLY.

Which say's alot, considering the budget would have been slashed after the merger.

Marc505

Quote from: Master on Jun 08, 2022, 08:27:11 PMLate to the (next party). I love this cave shoot. Most impresive!
https://i.imgur.com/qqCG0UD_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

I do hope that cave is being used by the Predator to store all sorts of macabre trophies.

SiL

We need a good old fashioned lair.

BlueMarsalis79

Yes please

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed