First Official Prometheus Poster

Started by Darkness, Dec 14, 2011, 07:01:45 PM

Author
First Official Prometheus Poster (Read 52,024 times)

Xenomorphine

Also, have to say... It has an astonishing resemblance to the basic iconic image on 'The Fly' posters.

aliennaire

aliennaire

Quote from: Biomechanoid20 on Dec 14, 2011, 10:37:34 PM
Looks good! You can see a familiar "drunken creature" laying on the ground in the brighten'd version.

Nice, so it now has an official name  ;D

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Dec 15, 2011, 03:33:37 AM
...I still maintain that the 'head' is way too round to be a head.

No, it's still the head, there is another Comic Con picture of it, taken from the behind, when you can see the back of the head. But what really bugs me, is the holes instead of eyes on its face. Maybe it was done so for some certain purpose?...

Never say no to Panda!

Drunk Trunk ... Hangover III

LiquidMonster

Alien head? Coincidental I'm sure but first thing that actually stuck out to me about the poster.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: aliennaire on Dec 15, 2011, 11:00:35 AM

No, it's still the head, there is another Comic Con picture of it, taken from the behind, when you can see the back of the head.

No sorry, I'm talking about that thing on the ground beside the dead creature, that Noomi and the other woman are inspecting in the official stills. Looking at it on this poster, behind the woman's left hand, I just think it's way too round to be a head.

Eldritch

Eldritch

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Dec 15, 2011, 11:38:47 AM
Quote from: aliennaire on Dec 15, 2011, 11:00:35 AM

No, it's still the head, there is another Comic Con picture of it, taken from the behind, when you can see the back of the head.

No sorry, I'm talking about that thing on the ground beside the dead creature, that Noomi and the other woman are inspecting in the official stills. Looking at it on this poster, behind the woman's left hand, I just think it's way too round to be a head.

That should be right hand, right?  ;)

Looks like an oval. Probably just part of the scenery.

Mr. Clemens

Sorry, I meant behind the letter 'M'.

kaustin7

kaustin7

That is a sharp looking poster, hopefully trailer is around the corner.

Infected

Infected

Quote from: LiquidMonster on Dec 15, 2011, 11:25:59 AM

Alien head? Coincidental I'm sure but first thing that actually stuck out to me about the poster.
Youre seeing things that arent there for f**k sake.

nendo

nendo

Quote from: Infected on Dec 15, 2011, 12:45:20 PM
Quote from: LiquidMonster on Dec 15, 2011, 11:25:59 AM

Youre seeing things that arent there for f**k sake.

Agreed

Its Cloverfield all over again

and was it the monster? No it was not

Never say no to Panda!

Haha, Alien head...a classic :laugh:

ThisBethesdaSea

We're in such dangerous territory now. There is so much expectation for Prometheus, so even if it's amazing, will we be able to gage it accurately?

Because of where technology is at the moment, there's not much we haven't seen....every kind of creature imaginable, every kind of space ship, landscape, etc.... What can Prometheus show us that we haven't seen? What can it tell us that we haven't guessed based off watching so many films between this release and since it's sister film A L I E N released 30+ years ago? Even the poster for Prometheus evokes other films, and yet, the poster for A L I E N is what inspired the likes of The Fly, Mimic, etc...

Ridley Scott has made a pretty bold move, and he's taking a huge risk...returning to a genre he helped to define while at the same time trying to craft a film for an audience that's seen everything, including a beloved series (Alien saga) go right down the toilet as fans have watched in frustrated disgust as what was once brilliant became complete mediocrity. That's a big mountain to climb. I raise my glass to Ridley Scott, may the film exceed my expectations.

Space Sweeper

what they've uncovered...

Spoiler

Damn you, Giger.

Damn you to hell.
[close]

Never say no to Panda!

This is no Giger design, there is no mouth around it!
But it's pointing for the brain, so get ready for a mindf*ck.

Space Sweeper

you would not BELIEVE what I've found in the lips...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed