What I'm happy or thrilled about in AvP:R

Started by Soul, Dec 13, 2007, 07:41:41 AM

Author
What I'm happy or thrilled about in AvP:R (Read 9,889 times)

Soul

I am not a pushover when it comes to my high expectations for Alien and Predator movies, and there are some things I've seen in the AvP trailers and promo footage that makes me raise an eyebrow, but I am getting tired of reading so many negative posts.  The fact that it seems there are more negative things being said about AvP:R than were said about AvP really appalls me.

So, in a totally different direction, I'd like to say what I'm really liking so far, or looking forward to seeing, or am thankful for, in AvP:R.

I hope others will mention what they are enjoying from the footage they've seen.  If you want to post about what you dislike/hate/whatever, please don't derail this thread.  Seriously, there are lots of other threads to mention those things in.  I'm kind of just hoping to keep this positive.

-First and foremost, I am relieved this is rated R.  I am thankful that I can expect some serious gore.  Not for gores sake at all, but because it's is an ingrained part of Alien and Predator films, and we need to have this in an AvP film.

-I am very happy to see that the Predators appear agile and athletic again.  One of the most frightening things about the Predator has always been how quickly they can kill you.

-I'm thrilled that the gaudy and cartoonish weapons from AvP have been toned back to normal again.  I can't tell you how important it is to have semi-normal length wristblades, and shoulder cannons that don't look like they could be a blunderbuss. 

-Disregarding any mandible issues, I am glad to see the unmasked predator appear mean again.  Above all else, a Predator should ALWAYS look pissed off.

-I'm hoping/expecting to see some aliens get hit by machine gun fire.  AvP did in fact have a cool firearm (The G-36), but I don't recall a single creature actually getting hit by a bullet.  That was lame.

I don't want to go on and on, I'm just hoping to get the ball rolling.

vehtam

i am thrilled that adi will get money for raping my childhood.

agent_unawares

I'm thrilled that this hunter sees a facehugger leaping towards him, and immediately blasts it with his gun. I've been yelling at characters to actually react to the buggers throughout most of the other movies. They usually just stand in shock and get hit. XD

That single action actually made me sorry for his imminent death.

Craig

This movie makes me appreciate the original more.

* Setting - an ancient underground pyramid away from civilization as opposed to a shoe shop
* Characters - scientists and archaeologists, no pizza boys/sheriffs/waiters
* Balance - one alien kills two predators, one predator kills about five aliens/not a predalien kills predators/predator kills 500 aliens/ aliens kill 1 predator
Also the chest bursting scene where Scar's body reacts like it should.  :)

SiL

Quote from: Soul on Dec 13, 2007, 07:41:41 AM
-I'm thrilled that the gaudy and cartoonish weapons from AvP have been toned back to normal again.
Even Anderson had enough sense to not give the Predators a powerglove :P

- I like the way Wolf is looking with his mask.
- The cinematography is great. Pearl is a genius.
- I'm digging the thrill-ride vibe; this is going to be incredibly fun at least the first time through.

chandoog

- i loved the predator music in the homeworld bit, i HOPE thats how it is in the final movie as well. That music just fits that scene so damn well.

Dark Passenger

-I like the gritty feeling the preds have got back  ;D

Munk007

- i loved the predator music in the homeworld bit, i HOPE thats how it is in the final movie as well. That music just fits that scene so damn well.

Same PLZ GOD. music suits it so well oldskool = best

nukem11

nukem11

Quote from: Munk007 on Dec 13, 2007, 10:13:08 AM

Same PLZ GOD. music suits it so well oldskool = best

Yeah that music suited that scene really well.
Im happy with loads of stuff and allot less to complain about from what Ive seen. ;D

Clydewyman

Clydewyman

And here is my version on what I'm happy or thrilled about in AvP:R

- The Wolf Predator has got two cannons now as opposed to it's predecessors who carries only one shoulder cannon (it's sweet, yo!)

- The thermal vision background is blue again just like in Predator, Predator 2 and AVP 1 and 2 PC games and last but not least, Concrete Jungle.

- The Wolf Predator's face is a reminisce of the First Predator and Second Predator

- New weapons to the Wolf Predator's arsenal such as a barbed-wired whip and a power glove

- Score from the Predator movie is back.

Dark Passenger

-Its back to the traditional, predators that like to make trophies ;D :D

BlkSoul

Quote from: Clyde Wyman on Dec 13, 2007, 10:26:23 AM
And here is my version on what I'm happy or thrilled about in AvP:R

- The Wolf Predator has got two cannons now as opposed to it's predecessors who carries only one shoulder cannon (it's sweet, yo!)

- The thermal vision background is blue again just like in Predator, Predator 2 and AVP 1 and 2 PC games and last but not least, Concrete Jungle.

- The Wolf Predator's face is a reminisce of the First Predator and Second Predator

- New weapons to the Wolf Predator's arsenal such as a barbed-wired whip and a power glove

- Score from the Predator movie is back.
u are so kwl man! did u get ur NCPM?

Clydewyman

Quote from: BlkSoul on Dec 13, 2007, 10:33:30 AM

Pardon my stupidity, but what's "NCPM"?

BlkSoul

Quote from: Clyde Wyman on Dec 13, 2007, 10:36:03 AM
Quote from: BlkSoul on Dec 13, 2007, 10:33:30 AM

Pardon my stupidity, but what's "NCPM"?

I couldnt remember ur abriviasion for the Pred Action figurers

Clydewyman

Quote from: BlkSoul on Dec 13, 2007, 10:42:20 AM

I couldnt remember ur abriviasion for the Pred Action figurers

Oh, you mean the NECA Wolf Predator Masked and Unmasked action figures? They haven't arrived yet and estimation date of arrival is January or February 2008.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed