Thoughts about Blompkamp sketchs

Started by bioweapon, Mar 20, 2015, 04:48:32 AM

Author
Thoughts about Blompkamp sketchs (Read 9,885 times)

bioweapon

bioweapon

As part of trying to know what this Alien movie is about with all we know... I did a little resum and ideas of every sketch Neill Blomkamp put out there, given the presumption they help him for the year or so worked' story and also help him get S. Weaver and Fox interested.

1.- Location

Weaver has told a lot of times that she didn´t want to go to Earth, and given the fact she like the NB story, we could asume this is happening in a massive WY spaceship or Another Planet installations. But, the title for some sketchs says WY Headquarters... Also, notice almost every sketch indicates the main story could happen here.

2.-Ripley/Hicks

Maybe the most spoiler one. Hicks is not wearing militar signs. They are not the ones from Aliens, they look older maybe the actual age of the actors. This "bomb chest" scene potentially in late stages of the story? could be very stupid for NB to reveal it.

3.-Derelict

Looks like the Alien Derelict, not the juggernaut Prometheus. Also, covered with slime? not making sense, since the slime is for the nest/eggs, and they always are in an inside location. So what could happen to this ship?

4.-Melting

Im using the sketch's title. Ripley is crying so this is one character she cares about... with the Aliens events we know she only has Hicks and Newt to care, but with the older looks of Ripley/Hicks, could be a new character. And... is this an egg evolving? but I can´t see no one... Could be Prometheus black goo? Also, for the yellow lights it looks like it is near/inside the derelict área, so this could be part of the slime covered ship?

5.-Obelisk

From all, this is the one that intrigues me the most. What is that thing?... It doesn´t look like a WY component, looks more like another species tech, but with an ancient/sacred form.

6.-SpaceJockeyRipley

Very spoiler again. 2 options. Ripley goes Kerrigan Starcraft or: Given the assumption this happen 30 or so years after Aliens, WY potentially gain the cappabilities of using SJ tech. The later seems more plausible... also this seems more like a camouflage suit than a Prometheus Engineer human suit.

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: bioweapon on Mar 20, 2015, 04:48:32 AM
As part of trying to know what this Alien movie is about with all we know... I did a little resum and ideas of every sketch Neill Blomkamp put out there, given the presumption they help him for the year or so worked' story and also help him get S. Weaver and Fox interested.

1.- Location

Weaver has told a lot of times that she didn´t want to go to Earth, and given the fact she like the NB story, we could asume this is happening in a massive WY spaceship or Another Planet installations. But, the title for some sketchs says WY Headquarters... Also, notice almost every sketch indicates the main story could happen here.

2.-Ripley/Hicks

Maybe the most spoiler one. Hicks is not wearing militar signs. They are not the ones from Aliens, they look older maybe the actual age of the actors. This "bomb chest" scene potentially in late stages of the story? could be very stupid for NB to reveal it.

3.-Derelict

Looks like the Alien Derelict, not the juggernaut Prometheus. Also, covered with slime? not making sense, since the slime is for the nest/eggs, and they always are in an inside location. So what could happen to this ship?

4.-Melting

Im using the sketch's title. Ripley is crying so this is one character she cares about... with the Aliens events we know she only has Hicks and Newt to care, but with the older looks of Ripley/Hicks, could be a new character. And... is this an egg evolving? but I can´t see no one... Could be Prometheus black goo? Also, for the yellow lights it looks like it is near/inside the derelict área, so this could be part of the slime covered ship?

5.-Obelisk

From all, this is the one that intrigues me the most. What is that thing?... It doesn´t look like a WY component, looks more like another species tech, but with an ancient/sacred form.

6.-SpaceJockeyRipley
http://cdnph.upi.com/sh/th/i/UPI-6131420231280/2015/14202364222999/Neill-Blomkamp-reveals-concept-art-for-scrapped-Alien-sequel.jpg
Very spoiler again. 2 options. Ripley goes Kerrigan Starcraft or: Given the assumption this happen 30 or so years after Aliens, WY potentially gain the cappabilities of using SJ tech. The later seems more plausible... also this seems more like a camouflage suit than a Prometheus Engineer human suit.

Do you think these sketches will play a big role in the film itself? I see these as merely ideas for the movie not necessarily practical sketches for the actual film.

bioweapon

I think that even it they are ideas, they give a lot of detailed information. Given the news that pre-production is already starting, is plausible most of the story is already finish, so a lot of this could make it. Given also that Weaver and Fox like the NB approach, it could suffer adjustments but not big changes, so yes i think so.

Close Encounters

1.- Location
*snip*

2.-Ripley/Hicks
*snip*

3.-Derelict
*snip*

4.-Melting
*snip*

5.-Obelisk
*snip*

6.-SpaceJockeyRipley
*snip*

1. I think this is very plausibly the setting. Some kind of space station or testing facility for whatever the Company has been developing with whatever Xeno material they've recovered.

2. Definitely endgame sort of deal here. They've gone through a whole movie of horror and death, and this is the two of them on a final mission of vengeance. One way or another, whether they live or die, they're going to blow up something. Probably the whole space/research station from the first picture. I rather like this idea. Could be a good way to give closure to both characters.

3. Just the obligatory inclusion of that damned ship again. Please let them destroy it. I'm tired of seeing it after Prometheus.

4. I'm not sure that Ripley cares about this character specifically, I think this may simply be a reaction of horror to whatever the Company has been doing. My guess is this is a featuring of the Eggmorphing(http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Eggmorphing) technique that has been living in canon-limbo for a while.

5. Totally clueless. I have no idea what it's supposed to be. Looks cool, though.

6. Definitely Ripley using the 'weapons tech' that the Company/Military has been so eager to develop over the past four movies. I'm really curious what it might be capable of. Super speed and agility? Camouflage? Resistance to acid and bullets? Acid shooter? So many possibilities.

ash9426

ash9426

Quote from: Close Encounters on Mar 20, 2015, 05:23:26 AM2. Definitely endgame sort of deal here. They've gone through a whole movie of horror and death, and this is the two of them on a final mission of vengeance. One way or another, whether they live or die, they're going to blow up something. Probably the whole space/research station from the first picture. I rather like this idea. Could be a good way to give closure to both characters.

Ripley - Hicks, I'm not going to wind up like those others. You'll take care of it won't you, it if comes to that?
Hicks - If it comes to that, I'll do us both.

Maybe he will keep that promise in Alien 5 (or 2.5... whatever) ;)

On this concept art (in my opinion) Ripley is like "don't come near me or I'll blow everything up". So it could mean that they are on some kind of ship or a space station. Or maybe she is still important to the company. Maybe she is carrying something very precious... inside her ;) I also have a vibe that this is some sort of a "brake in" situation. She is all geared up like, just like here:

Born Of Cold Light

The stuff covering the Derelict may not be hive material, but rather damage from the Hadley's Hope explosion (if this is the same ship).  As for the cocoon scene, I never interpreted that as Ripley crying over someone she lost but just being horrified at the fate of that individual.  I do seriously hope that we get to see egg morphing as it's a truly fascinating concept, especially if you take into consideration some of Ridley Scott's original ideas concerning Alien reproduction.

Son Of Kane

I was thinking that too, it looks like the outside has been melted but not entirely destroyed. (The Derelict)

And no, I will never have enough of the Derelict "Close Emcounters" it's the single most interesting bit of architecture in the entire Alien universe.
But it doesn't matter if they blow it up, because thankfully as David said "It's not the only ship, there are many others."

And I'm pretty sure the character that is "decomposing" is being egg-morphed, I really, really don't want to see the Vases bio-weapon in ALIEN V, I'd like to keep it and the Alien separate and not further muddy the waters.

Unless you establish rules about how it works that fits with Prometheus it could potentially work but what I'd really really hate is if it became contradictory to Prometheus.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

1.- Location

This might be the same kind of "Tyrell-like" megastructure as seen on the top-left corner and distant background of the image below. Blomkamp modeled these buildings himself for inclusion into this ILM shot for Elysium.

3.-Derelict

Possible lava and/or firestorm damage from the Atmo-processor explosion. What is odd here is that it's left arm/prong should be broken-off and not jutting into the air if it is indeed the original derelict.

5.-Obelisk

If you look carefully at the background greenery you'll see that it appears to be arching upwards slightly. This could mean that this scene is set on a Stanford torus - an smaller enclosed type of Halo/Ringworld. The piece of tech might be part of the structure.

CainsSon

CainsSon

1.- Location

2.-Ripley/Hicks

3.-Derelict

4.-Melting

5.-Obelisk

6.-SpaceJockeyRipley
http://cdnph.upi.com/sh/th/i/UPI-6131420231280/2015/14202364222999/Neill-Blomkamp-reveals-concept-art-for-scrapped-Alien-sequel.jpg

1. I think you're right and W-Y headquarters will be the location of this film. I think this film may focus on answering the question regarding what the Company really wants the alien for.

2. Its important to notice and even MORE spoilery, that Ripley has already placed her finger on the trigger. So she will need to have some reason to do this. It will have to be a good, desperate reason. Unless this has been wired incorrectly and she is bluffing.

3. I also notioced the derelict appears modified. Some ideas I had are: This isn;t the same derelict and it was located somewhere under-water (possibly even tied to the events in the next Prometheus). OR The ship and film's focus will be about the company trying to use the alien to combat the effects of the black goo on humanity and we are looking at the effects of this on the ship.

4. Melting man - Im wagering this isn't egg morphing. Though I would love it if it were. Instead I think Ripley is being confronted with why the company needs to alien. And she is now face-to-face with what happens when the Bioweapon they've engineered has its effects on humans. So its not that she cares about this person so much as she is devastated to find out how bad all of this will become if she doesn't change its course.

5. OBELISK - This device is some advanced teraforming tech that is responsible for creating the conditions necessary to make the foresty area to the left of it, where we later see a Queen. (I seriously hope the last act of this isn't Ripley just fighting a Queen again).

6. SpaceJockeyRipley - Again, I think this film will involve Ripley combating the Company for having used the Black goo or alien tech to develop a bioweapon or having developed one to combat the black goo's effects, knowing the events in Prometheus already. I think the transformation of the Derelict and the melting man may have something to do with this. And this suit ripley is wearing is NOT the Engineer/ Space Jockey suit. So either there is some greater purpose for this suit, or perhaps this suit has been created by the company to combat the goo or something like that... I think this whole story is about the Company have tried to synthesize the alien tech and this is Ripley getting her hands on it.

Gash

Gash

Some of the location scenes look ok, if not particularly inspired. Not keen on any of the Ripley images really, and the one in the alien suit looks plain stupid.

TWAK

TWAK

maybe Ripley already has the queen in her, so it's like double trouble.

SpreadEagleBeagle

"Re: Thoughts about Blompkamp sketchs"

Boring, uninspiring, video game-like, generic, predictable, unimaginative, fanboyish etc.

windebieste

Well, that just about sums up the audience that supports this proposal.

-Windebieste.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I love (LOVE) the Derelict sketch, it's weird and ominous without being a rehash of what we've seen in 'Alien' and 'Aliens'.

The other sketches, I can take or leave to be honest.

markweatherill

Prometheus: The space jockey is a suit!

Alien 5: The alien is a suit!

:D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed