Multiple species of xenomorph

Started by Born Of Cold Light, Feb 28, 2015, 05:54:51 AM

Author
Multiple species of xenomorph (Read 2,553 times)

Born Of Cold Light

Do you think it's possible that multiple species of xenomorph could have evolved in different places in the galaxy?  The reason why I'm wondering is because, with their ability to mimic some of the physical characteristics of their host, the need for gradual, long term evolution seems to have been bred out.  This might be one of the reasons Ash referred to the alien as the "perfect organism."

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

It's been what I think explains the appearence differences between the LV426 Aliens and the Antarctica Aliens in AvP.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Well Ridley straight up said that the alien that came out of the engineer would look far different than an alien that popped out of the human and thus far all the aliens from each movie were different. So yea, we might not even recognized an alien that evolved on another planet.

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

Quote from: Omegazilla on Feb 28, 2015, 11:11:27 AM
It's been what I think explains the appearence differences between the LV426 Aliens and the Antarctica Aliens in AvP.

That's actually just because AVP is garbage and uses garbage.

And from what we've seen so far in the original films I don't think so.

The Alien in Alien and Aliens in Aliens all came from the same place, there's loads of theories floating about such as the they are two different types or as Cameron stated that his were older. Alien3 we know it's because it came from an animal, in most people's preference an ox. So that difference is explained. (Leg design changes and slight other changes are purely aesthetic if you take A:I into account, and there are slight variations in Aliens also.)

The Resurrection Aliens are just a biological mess, I would hesitate to even call them Aliens.

The vials in the vases in Prometheus produce Alien-like creatures but I would refer to them as cousins at most. (Alligator to Crocodile)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Actually I hope that the hive alien hierarchy is just one path the alien can evolve into. After all, surely that is not the only method of life a creature so vastly adaptable could be relegated to.

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 28, 2015, 12:22:02 PM
Actually I hope that the hive alien hierarchy is just one path the alien can evolve into. After all, surely that is not the only method of life a creature so vastly adaptable could be relegated to.

Truth is we simply don't know.

evolution_rex

Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 28, 2015, 12:07:16 PM
Well Ridley straight up said that the alien that came out of the engineer would look far different than an alien that popped out of the human and thus far all the aliens from each movie were different. So yea, we might not even recognized an alien that evolved on another planet.
When did he say this? So does that imply that the Deacon that came out of the Engineer was just a Engineer-Xenomorph?

Doktor Wunderbar

Quote from: evolution_rex on Feb 28, 2015, 09:24:00 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 28, 2015, 12:07:16 PM
When did he say this? So does that imply that the Deacon that came out of the Engineer was just a Engineer-Xenomorph?
Not exactly, since the creature that impregnated the Engineer wasn't even a facehugger.

Born Of Cold Light

I still hope we get to see a version of the ultramorph sometime.

The Cruentus

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Feb 28, 2015, 12:11:28 PM
Quote from: Omegazilla on Feb 28, 2015, 11:11:27 AM

That's actually just because AVP is garbage and uses garbage.

And from what we've seen so far in the original films I don't think so.

The Alien in Alien and Aliens in Aliens all came from the same place, there's loads of theories floating about such as the they are two different types or as Cameron stated that his were older. Alien3 we know it's because it came from an animal, in most people's preference an ox. So that difference is explained. (Leg design changes and slight other changes are purely aesthetic if you take A:I into account, and there are slight variations in Aliens also.)

The Resurrection Aliens are just a biological mess, I would hesitate to even call them Aliens.

The vials in the vases in Prometheus produce Alien-like creatures but I would refer to them as cousins at most. (Alligator to Crocodile)

The Leg design and the other changes were meant to be because of a different host, but Resurrection screwed that up along with silly design changes, fleshy look and so on. I wonder if there was explanation for it behind the scenes, its been awhile since I watched them.

As for Prometheus creatures, I agree, they are not proto-Xenomorphs no matter how someone wishes it, there is a connection kind like crocodile - Alligator, I would have said Caimen  :laugh: but nothing else, I would say the accelerent is much more deadly than Xenomorphs because its more infections and random, not even Xenos are immune to it.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Evolution can always play its part, but a much easier way to do it would be to have more diverse hosts.

I'm honestly hoping the new film will show us some nice Lovecraftian stuff along those lines. Aliens with different physiology because of having completely different hosts.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

I would love to see that, pity the original script for Prometheus wasn't used, we would have had white Xenomorphs then,  Beluga-morphs I believe they were called.
The chestburster had the ability to slide through anything due to a lack of bones or something, the "facehugger" was like an octopus as well, apparently the cargo holds of the Engineer ships held different variation of Xenomorphs or bio-weapons.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Cruentus on Mar 03, 2015, 01:48:55 PM
The Leg design and the other changes were meant to be because of a different host, but Resurrection screwed that up along with silly design changes, fleshy look and so on. I wonder if there was explanation for it behind the scenes, its been awhile since I watched them.

They were mutants. DNA crossover from Ripley.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

True but that doesn't explain the "dog legs", the fleshy look I do attribute to the dna cross over however.
This is also a sad thing, we want Xenomorphs to stay with their original bio-mechanical look but we also like to have something new, both can be either good or bad. Chet was bad for sure.  :laugh:

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

The best theory I've heard is that the genetic manipulation caused some of the 'pure' DNA strain of the Queen to be carried over. Hence, the leg design.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed