Alien Remake/Origin Story In The Works

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 28, 2009, 09:04:05 PM

Author
Alien Remake/Origin Story In The Works (Read 17,098 times)

RakaiThwei

NO REMAKE!!!   DAMN YOU TWENTIETH CENTURY FOX!!! DAMN YOU!!!

dallas121

dallas121

Sounds to me like the judgment day in T3: "That was simply inevitable"

Peteysodes

Peteysodes

If Ridley Scott is involved i doubt this will be a remake.  This is a guy who thought the theatrical release was his perfect vision and refused a "directors cut" treatment re release.  He's gone on record along with Sigourney Weaver stating a film focusing on the xenomorph origins or the space jockeys would be something he would pursue. The glass is half full....the glass is half full...

rycher

will you make up your f**king minds (yes im talking to you people on this site) do you want and movie explaining the homeworld or planet or not???  This is what we're waiting for not some stupid Predator reboot. jesus even Ridley Scott is on there.....you guys dont know what you want.   ::)  

Predboy

Wow.....just when I think FOX cant shuv their heads any further up their ass, they come and prove me wrong.

dallas121

dallas121

Hey rycher, get some respect ok? People has right to be disapointed. If you're Ok with Fox way, you can say it. But get some respect for people and for predator fans either!

invisible hunter

invisible hunter

I agree wth rycher apart from predator reboot, i cant wait for predtors. Another aliein movie YES BRING IT ON! were being spoilt with avp game the colonial marines, predators now an alien movie with ridley and tony scott involved COME ON thats what i say. Weve got to have some faith with fox, remember they did bring us the classic predator 1 and aliens. And yes i know they screwed up with the avp movies to a point. Have faith boys and girls.

Rudy M Alapag Jr

Rudy M Alapag Jr

8)   at last! a A L I E N remake in the works! now all i have to do is whether wait for ALL Alien movies and this one to be all one  cool complete box set. but i rather get the A-P TOTAL DESTRUCTION and get only this one when it comes out. I'm surprised that Ridley is on the job for this remake. Finally, he get to work on it now. i knew this will happen. its time i tell my friends. well some of them. GO, A L I E N.

Neon_Knight

Whether Ridley Scott is involved with this film or not, Fox are going to do it, so I say, good on Ridley Scott for watching over his own.  If I made such a great film, I'd definitely want to keep a close eye on any sort of remake.  No matter how bad this film is (it WILL be bad), I would guarantee it would be a hundred times worse if Ridley Scott had no involvement.  I would be getting more excited if they got Giger involved.

frankaster

BASTARDS!

Neon_Knight

Oh dear, I just read the bit about the "origin story".   They can't do that, they just can't do that, they mustn't do that.  If they explain away the last ever mystery of the Alien franchise, there'll be absolutely nothing left to work with, it will genuinely destroy the mystery of the first Alien film, and I don't think anybody would be able to watch Alien in the same way again.   This is not a move for fans.  This is not a move to make a good film.  This is a move to make money, they're not planning on making a good film, they're planning on wrecking a franchise.     If they even show, for a brief second, even a moment, what the Pilot from Alien looks like in the flesh, or even try to explain where the Alien comes from, I will have completely lost faith in the film industry, because nobody, not even Scott, not even Cameron, nobody can pull that off and make it good.  The fact that you don't know MAKES it good. A sequel, maybe, a side-plot, a different film in the same universe, sure, maybe, a prequel, in the same universe, sure, maybe, but don't mess with the mystery, good God.

Peteysodes

Peteysodes

@ Neon_Knight:  I think we need to wait for more info to start crying that theres no hope for this.  Im more than cautiously optimistic I know but this type of post is totally unfounded really.

eyesof the demon

eyesof the demon

I wish people would stop moaning about a remake,it wont be a remake for f**k sake,do really think Ridley would attach himself to a remake of his own work ?(which is perfect already). If its true and Ridley is involved im officailly interested,as for the Director? Fincher anyone?Like it or not,we're getting an origins story..........bring it i say

shinigami

We'll live and see what is gonna come out of this.    :-\  

Neon_Knight

I know you're probably right, but I was cautiously optimistic about AvP-R and most remakes/sequels/prequels that are coming out these days.   I've learned my lesson, they've all been awful, they've all bitterly destroyed something.  The only one so far that's been good was Star Trek.   I'd like to be cautiously optimistic, I'd LOVE to be cautiously optimistic - hell, I can see ways that a re-make could actually be really good. (Can't say the same for an origin story)   But it won't happen that way, it really won't.  Even if the film is awful, if it gets 0/100 on RT, it'll make a profit. And that's all that really matters.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed