Alien Remake/Origin Story In The Works

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 28, 2009, 09:04:05 PM

Author
Alien Remake/Origin Story In The Works (Read 17,013 times)

Corporal Hicks

Well, the word “sigh” comes to mind. Following on with Predators, Fox are going even further by remaking Alien according to Bloody Disgusting. What a lovely 30th anniversary gift. Thanks guys:

“Michael Costigan, Ridley Scott and even Tony Scott are all on board to produce and have tapped Carl Rinsch to get beyond the camera and bring a new Ripley to the big screen. Who is Carl Rinsch? I’m being told he’s a commercial/music video director and does work for Scott Free Productions, who is also producing the remake.”

I suppose that Ridley being on board is a good thing but…damn. I do not want this. You can read more details over at Bloody Disgusting. Thanks to Zwecky for the news.

EDIT: They updated their article with: We just heard from a separate reliable source that Fox is possibly working on an origins story, as opposed to a straight-up remake. Still…

Chet

A Legends Death!    :'(  

Commander Griker

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aliens and Predator and AvP were epic in the 90's

Private W Hudson

Omg please god no it's over thats it :'( there goes my childhood memories

Corporal Harrison

Can't say I'm surprised this has happened, an origin story would be interesting but i still think the alien film franchise is best left alone.

Alien³

For f**k SAKE! Someone needs to slap the CEO of Fox. This is going to be awful, none of us should see it...not a single person. If it makes f**k all at the box office then maybe Fox might start to realise that they need original stories. And shame on you Ridley for going along with this!

Krycek

For some reason a reboot of Predator makes sense to me. Not an Alien reboot. There is no reason for that. If Alien  was released now it would still be a box office hit. I am very surprised that Ridley Scott wants to do this. God help us if Tony Scott has anything to do with a remake. You know what, I love Fox but if they make a reboot of Alien I will not watch another Fox movie or show, and I am a huge fan of Fringe. Please leave well enough alone. Please.

Purebreedalien

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!    :'(  

Hart

Hart

To be honest if Ridley Scott is on board it might be alright. He knows what he wants and how he wants it. Blade Runner and Alien are probably the best sci-fi films ever.

Krycek

Those films might be some of the better Sci-Fi films, that does NOT mean that we should update them with random hot tween idols and crappy effects. Speaking of which, I am willing to bet that if Alien is remade or rebooted or reraped, whatever you want to call it, the Alien will look better in the original movie than whatever is put out in the new one.

dDave

No, No no no ... HELL Nooo... No Remake!!! Even a Sequel is very difficult, but a Remake?! No, its even harder ... and shouldnt be even an option.

Übermensch

It better be an origin story because I will not see a remake.

Chet

A Remake does mean a new Ripley is needed. I be afraid they let Angelina Jolie do the Job. I think Michelle Rodriguez would be a better choice.   ;D  

Shasvre

I'm not surprised and I can't say I'm disappointed. If we don't like it it won't be the end of the world. The original movies will still be there.

The Man

The Man

Well if Scott is in that has to be a good sign.People's negativity is out of proportion these days. Besides are you REALLY surprised because of this?   :P  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed