Aliens Echo : An Original Young Adult Novel

Started by felix, Jul 19, 2018, 12:59:24 AM

Author
Aliens Echo : An Original Young Adult Novel (Read 55,574 times)

felix

Coming April 2019.

https://www.amazon.com/Alien-Original-Young-Adult-Universe/dp/1250306299/ref=pd_ybh_a_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=KEWJ2VEGYFG7DTX3B5YJ

QuoteAn original young adult novel of the Alien universe

Olivia and her twin sister Viola have been dragged around the universe for as long as they can remember. Their parents, both xenobiologists, are always in high demand for their research into obscure alien biology.

Just settled on a new colony world, they discover an alien threat unlike anything they've ever seen. And suddenly the sisters' world is ripped apart.

On the run from terrifying aliens, Olivia's knowledge of xenobiology and determination to protect her sister are her only weapons as the colony collapses into chaos. But then a shocking family secret bursts open―one that's as horrifying to Olivia as the aliens surrounding them.

The creatures infiltrate the rich wildlife on this virgin colony world―and quickly start adapting. Olivia's going to have to adapt, too, if she's going to survive...

SM

Nice.  Wasn't expecting this to be announced so soon.

Huggs

Pardon my ignorance, but does "young adult novel" equate to "toned down for younger readers?"

SM

Yes. 

Huggs

whiterabbit

Everything in alien is perfect for young adults. Loved this stuff as a kid. :P

Xenomrph

This is cool in my book - anything that gets kids reading is a good thing, and if it gets them interested in the Alien series, then even better.

Corporal Hicks

I would have been all over this in my early AvPWorld days! I know I'm not really the target audience for this but I'll have to give it a go anyway. Always eager to see more Alien stories and if this helps younger fans, that's all fine by me!

The Old One

The Old One

Really? Aliens attack yet another colony?

How many novels and comic books has this been the premise of?

SiL

Almost all of them. It's "Aliens attack space ship" or "Aliens attack colony". Where the hell else are they going to find people in space?

The Cruentus

While it may not necessarily be a bad thing as gore isn't everything, I don't see the point in making a toned down version. Alien and Predator was meant for adults and it should stay that way, I mean look at AVP, out of its many faults one of them (to some) was that it was pg13, Alien and Predator come from an R rated background and a lot of the kills are horrific, taking them away from their elements doesn't really work.

Also, why specifically aim it at young adults? The only thing that springs to mind is that its going to contain some cheesy horrible romance arc.  :laugh:

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: SiL on Jul 19, 2018, 12:09:41 PM
Almost all of them. It's "Aliens attack space ship" or "Aliens attack colony". Where the hell else are they going to find people in space?

C'mon, you can be more creative than that.
Dead Space 3 has a mysteriously abandoned flotilla, frozen moon, underground labs, alien city and there's the still as yet unused wooden monastery idea you could make a variation on.

Stating the obvious but there's only the limit of your imagination. There's also all the elements that are established in the Alien universe other than the creature itself that could be explored, with the Alien as an element rather than entire focus like in The Cold Forge. I can only hope there's more to this book than the synopsis is letting on.

HuDaFuK

Probably not something I'm likely to check out, but fair enough. Some of the comics have read more like teen fiction anyway.

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Interesting! I'll certainly be giving this a read. I've read some of the Star Wars young adult novels some good some meh. At the end of the day it just depends on the author. We've never really seen a teenager protagonist face off against the Xenomorphs so at least that's something different. (Edit: except AVPR but....)

Ultramorph

I'll pick it up. Always good to get new content.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed