Sounds like there was an alternate ending!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 02, 2018, 07:20:31 PM

Author
Sounds like there was an alternate ending! (Read 98,283 times)

Ultramorph

This makes no sense, unless they were angling for time travel. Maybe this is confirmation that they did time travel at the end of the Life and Death comics!  :laugh:

whiterabbit

I know everyone is just trying to be polite in praising the designs but who here actually wants Predator to be an AVP film?

It's stupid. The ironman suit is stupid. A mechanical facehugger breathing apparatus has no place in a Predator movie stupid.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 03, 2018, 08:17:16 PM
It's stupid. The ironman suit is stupid. A mechanical facehugger breathing apparatus has no place in a Predator movie stupid.

Don't forget Pred-Monkeys!  :P

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: The Old One on Dec 03, 2018, 06:04:55 PM
It's absolute trash, what's to love about Ripley in Alien cosplay?
One of the stupidest things I've ever seen visually and conceptually from this franchise.

It's an interesting next step in Ripley's relationship with the alien. She's "become" the xeno before with their DNA in Resurrection, but now she gets to "become" them in a different way. My opinion of course, but I really love it.

AVP-CAPCOM

Quote from: dHunter333 on Dec 03, 2018, 07:51:17 PM
Quote from: SiL on Dec 03, 2018, 01:13:33 AM
It's the Weyland-Yutani logo, even.

Shouldn't it just be Weyland at this point?

Apparently Fox had only 7 days to come up with an alternative ending, according to Mr H. But your point might be moot.

Having Ms Yutani at the end of AVP-R makes sense cause even by AVP-GALAXY Wikipedia the merger of Weyland Yutani took place in 2099 10 years after Prometheus's "cave painting discovery" scene in 2089, 2122 is when ALIEN happened and had Weyland Yutani on all its logos.

I have no problem implying AVP is in the ALIEN universe.

Brundlepede

Brundlepede

Its dumb. Fox was dumb. I like Predator. I like Alien. I'm tired of AVP. I'm tired of both franchises being dragged through the muck for the sake of a dumb comic crossover. A dumb comic crossover that was never that good in the first place.

El Pistolero

I think it is just a breathing mask, that's all. But they tried to play around with a facehugger style and the wayland logo. For me it is very obvious that they wanted to tease a new AVP Movie with that scene. But before the production of the movie it was very clear, that Schwarzenegger didn't want to be in it. It seems that scene was for someone else. Maybe Alexa Woods?
With the Alientail-Spear we had already a reference to the AvP movies. Fox seemed all the last year to build up an AvP extendet universe. And I think they pushed for it also in the new movie, but it didn't worked out.

I think the Predator movies work very well with the Alien Franchise together. But I don't think that the Alien Movies will work with the Predator Franchise. We still have an AvP Universe and an Alien Universe separated until we see any Alien sequel with a predator reference in it.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: El Pistolero on Dec 04, 2018, 09:04:28 AM
But before the production of the movie it was very clear, that Schwarzenegger didn't want to be in it. It seems that scene was for someone else. Maybe Alexa Woods?

Yeah, I think it's very unlikely it would have been Arnie. He made it clear early on he wasn't being involved in anything like a cameo. I'm so curious as to who they were actually trying to get. Or if they were just going to leave it obscured and for the sequel to sort out.

El Pistolero

I don't know. The whole The Predator movie didn't make any sense for me. The predators had always that self destruct device just to get sure not to leave any tech behind. And now it seems they are giving them predator killer weapons as presents.
It looks like, they ignored everything we already know about the predators. But there was also a scene in Predators I was very curious about. There was the Classic Predator ready to give a whole Space Ship to the human survivors, before the super preds destroyed it.
I like the idea that the predators hunting on earth and they always be sure not to leave any tech behind. It seemed for be to be the highest rule for the hunters and it worked out as a story very well in the Concrete Jungle Game.

But anyway for the movie The Predator, this ending seems to be for me the much more interesting one than the stupid iron man predator suit ending.

The Old One

The Old One

Interesting? Yes.

Superior? No.

BTW City Hunter left his tech at his ass everywhere.

The Kurgan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 03, 2018, 08:32:49 PM

Jesus wept

El Pistolero

Quote from: The Old One on Dec 04, 2018, 12:37:22 PM
Interesting? Yes.

Superior? No.

BTW City Hunter left his tech at his ass everywhere.

Yea but he failed to blow up himself.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: TheKurgan on Dec 04, 2018, 01:03:53 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 03, 2018, 08:32:49 PM

Jesus wept

Ha!

Quote from: El Pistolero on Dec 04, 2018, 09:04:28 AM
But before the production of the movie it was very clear, that Schwarzenegger didn't want to be in it. It seems that scene was for someone else. Maybe Alexa Woods?

I was thinking Royce or maybe Isabelle but I'm glad it wasn't Lex.

I'm personally yearning for another AvP movie, but a fresh start.  One that is not connected to the previous installments.  One with little to no humans, entrenched in science fiction horror. One that Fox pays a talented writer and director for, and stays away from a serviceable, Uwe Boll or Paul Anderson equivalent. This is the dream unrealized (to me).

Whiskeybrewer

Now this would have been really intriguing and a much better ending

Samhain13

Samhain13

"Facehugger breathing apparatus".

The hell is that even suppose to be?

Quote from: dHunter333 on Dec 03, 2018, 07:51:17 PM
Quote from: SiL on Dec 03, 2018, 01:13:33 AM
It's the Weyland-Yutani logo, even.

Shouldn't it just be Weyland at this point?

Doubt any of them is paying any attention.

Quote from: AVP-CAPCOM on Dec 03, 2018, 09:27:41 PM
Apparently Fox had only 7 days to come up with an alternative ending, according to Mr H.

Damn they suck at their job.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed