Rebellion Coming Back?

Started by Spoonman101, Jul 14, 2014, 06:08:09 AM

Author
Rebellion Coming Back? (Read 42,039 times)

The Eighth Passenger

DID YOU TWO JUST f**kING AGREE WITH EACH OTHER???

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

#91
Quote from: Spoonman101 on Jul 24, 2014, 04:11:37 PMI hated that so much! How did you feel about the maps for multiplayer? I thought that they were rather small and didn't really cater much to the Alien universe,  Refinery aside.

I remember liking the AVP temple-style one. Otherwise they weren't really anything special, but adequate. Would've been nice to have more based on the singleplayer campaign though.

Spoonman101

Spoonman101

#92
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 24, 2014, 04:19:03 PM
DID YOU TWO JUST f**kING AGREE WITH EACH OTHER???
AVPG Front News!

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 24, 2014, 04:37:41 PM
Quote from: Spoonman101 on Jul 24, 2014, 04:11:37 PMI hated that so much! How did you feel about the maps for multiplayer? I thought that they were rather small and didn't really cater much to the Alien universe,  Refinery aside.

I remember liking the AVP temple-style one. Otherwise they weren't really anything special, but adequate. Would've been nice to have more based on the singleplayer campaign though.
Did you ever get around playing AvP2?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

#93
Quote from: Spoonman101 on Jul 24, 2014, 04:49:20 PMDid you ever get around playing AvP2?

Not yet, I intend to at some point though.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

#94
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 24, 2014, 04:53:28 PM
Quote from: Spoonman101 on Jul 24, 2014, 04:49:20 PMDid you ever get around playing AvP2?

Not yet, I intend to at some point though.
Oh, dude... DO IT! DO IT NAO!!!! Best AVP game in the series.

Spoonman101

Spoonman101

#95
Graphically (Even for its time) it's shit..
Storywise it's really captivating.
Gameplay it's great and versatile.
Weapons are a bit ridiculous at times but also maintain variety.
And above all else it can be modded which is why a community still played the game for 9 years until its servers were shutdown..

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

#96
Graphically shit for it's time? What? It was excellent for it's time! 2001 was a long time ago.

Spoonman101

Spoonman101

#97
There were loads of games with quality graphics in 2001, AvP2 was sadly not one of them...

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

#98
I was more angry that ragdoll wasn't included in its release.  It came out close to the same time.


That same headless fall to the knees and collapse forward animation got on my nerves for the lack of variety. 


Vertigo

Vertigo

#99
It was pretty much just Trespasser and Hitman using ragdoll physics in 2001, wasn't it?

AvP2 had fantastic lighting, but was let down by the art design, which for some inexplicable reason tried to employ a comic-esque style. Hence ridiculous froggy aliens, David Bowie colonists and a general sense of unreality.
But the engine rendered curved surfaces, dynamic lights, and managed long view distances and massive entity counts without excessive frame loss, so the technology itself was fairly sophisticated for the time.

AJL

AJL

#100
Quote from: Vertigo on Jul 24, 2014, 06:50:59 PM
AvP2 had fantastic lighting...

Really ? I've always though lighting as one of its major flaws.. as dynamic objects (like characters) were
illuminated separately from the environment and generally in rather inconsistent way...

Spooky799kil

Spooky799kil

#101
Keep the AVP movies plots/sounds/ideas out of the video games! I hated that in AVP3 (2010), I had to use sound mods using sounds from AVP2 to replace those shitty sounds they had in the default sounds. The Predator hunting origin with aliens and the pyramid crap should stay out of these games. I always hated this plot line and its all those crappy AVP movies fault for it.

Vertigo

Vertigo

#102
:Edit: Added quote, not sure how I managed to get ninja'd by half an hour on a one-sentence post...
Quote from: AJL on Jul 27, 2014, 06:18:02 PMReally ? I've always though lighting as one of its major flaws.. as dynamic objects (like characters) were
illuminated separately from the environment and generally in rather inconsistent way...

The same applied for Unreal Engine 2, didn't it?

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

#103
Quote from: Xenomrph on Jul 24, 2014, 12:34:31 AM
I'm down for another AvP game from Rebellion, I really liked AvP2010.

Me too. I hope that if another game is continued, that they proceed on with that storyline/continuity/universe. Everyone else is just going on with the route of either solo Alien, Predator or Prometheus influenced ideas.. I would really like to see Rebellion continue on with the Karl Bishop Weyland storyline, and keep that continuity alive a little bit longer before leaving it alone to go stale.

AJL

AJL

#104
Quote from: Vertigo on Jul 27, 2014, 07:18:43 PM
:Edit: Added quote, not sure how I managed to get ninja'd by half an hour on a one-sentence post...
Quote from: AJL on Jul 27, 2014, 06:18:02 PMReally ? I've always though lighting as one of its major flaws.. as dynamic objects (like characters) were
illuminated separately from the environment and generally in rather inconsistent way...

The same applied for Unreal Engine 2, didn't it?

I don't know about UE2.. but in AvP game where at least in my opinion utilizing shadows is a fundamental
part of character behaviour/gameplay, I think it is a major flaw when the lighting system is so inconsistent
that you can't trust what you see..

i.e. alien tries to hide in the shadows only to stand out like a sore thumb and be blown away from halfway
across the map because.. while the environment (level geometry) appears like a nice dark hiding spot, the
alien (dynamic object) may still be fully illuminated by the differently calculated model lighting...

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed