AvPGalaxy Exclusive: Predators Writer Alex Litvak Talks Predators 2 Plans!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 28, 2020, 04:10:17 PM

Author
AvPGalaxy Exclusive: Predators Writer Alex Litvak Talks Predators 2 Plans! (Read 20,257 times)

Corporal Hicks

We recently had the pleasure of speaking to Alex Litvak, one of the writers of Predators, for the next episode of the Alien vs. Predator Galaxy Podcast! We covered a lot of topics during the episode, including many of the “could-have-been” scenarios that the Predator series could have gone had some other pitches been developed.

Alex shared a lot of details about his time working at Fox where he pitched concepts to revive Predator before he worked on Predators, how wildly different Predators would have ended if it followed his and Mike Finch’s very first draft. Alex also told us about the direction that Robert Rodriguez, Nimrod Antal, Mike Finch and himself had discussed with 20th Century Fox following the release of Predators!

In the sequel – now this is with Royce and Isabelle – they’re still on the planet, they’re still stuck there. And they [the Predators] keep dropping more people. And the opening of the movie was that somebody new gets dropped and a Predator shows up about to kill this person. Boom! The Predator gets killed and it’s Royce and Isabelle showing up saying “welcome to the resistance.”

So now they have their own little tribe on the planet where they’re surviving, they’re being hunted but they’re also striking back so we establish the way they are. We also establish that Royce and Isabelle are incredibly valuable targets because these guys [the Berserker/Super Predators] are all about the genetic upgrades. They want their DNA. But they’re still stuck here. They’ve got their foothold on survival, but how do we get back to Earth? There’s only one way. We’ve got to get on the Predator ship.

At the end of Act One Royce, Isabelle and their guys are captured by Super Predators –  on purpose because they allow themselves to be captured – and are brought to their ship that they use to funnel people to this planet. There’s got to be some sort of big transport. So now you get to see this transport. So our guys breakout…and what the movie is is Die Hard on a Predator ship.

The idea was now you break free and now you’re trying to take control of the ship with all of the Super Predators you have to fight there. And of course all the other shit that’s there…like the alien zoo on that ship… And get this…the last thing is why Drew [20th Century Fox] was like “wow, I love that idea!” At the end of the day we win, we get back to Earth, we land and we realise it’s the future! All along we thought this was happening now, but what if these guys have been on ice for 300 years? The hatch opens, and the Space [Colonial] Marines come in!

That was how we merge the two worlds – the Alien and Predator world finally merge and bring the Space Marines into the story. He [Drew at Fox] goes “I f**king love it!” We just kept waiting for him to say “go write this”…I can’t speak to that, but I guess some stars never lined up so that version never got off the ground.

As well as the possible Predators 2 ideas, Alex also told us about a pitch he made for a separate fourth Predator film prior to Shane Black’s The Predator starting up. Be sure to check back in with Alien vs. Predator Galaxy on 31st of August at 4pm GMT for our full interview with Predators writer Alex Litvak!

Make sure you stick with Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on Alien and Predator! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

Kradan

Kradan

Quotethese guys [the Berserker/Super Predators] are all about the genetic upgrades. They want their DNA.

So, DNA angle and Super/Upgrade Predators would be present in Predators 2 anyway ? Take that, The Predator haters !  ;D

QuoteThat was how we merge the two worlds – the Alien and Predator world finally merge and bring the Space Marines into the story.

And they tried to merge franchises, too ? Take that again, The Predator haters !  ;D ;D

Also, mentioning of "zoo" sounds like one of these scrapped ideas for The Predator.

Anyway, thanks for sharing, Hicks

DorkiDori

That wouldve been damn cool! I really wish they wouldve made that!!!

Predators was the best Predator film since the first! That last Predator movie we got was just turrible!!!

ando

Man they need to scap the dna idea just ruins the the 2 movies, they hunt for dna? 😂 nah its for sport dont ruin it again

Wysps

So glad that their vision was to finally get them off!  This would have been my dream, sans the DNA and time skip :'(  Seems like it could have been a very interesting sequel.  The whole "survivor tribe" is pretty neat too.

Looking forward to the full interview!

Nightmare Asylum

Die Hard on a Predator ship actually sounds like a fun little concept. I would have enjoyed that, I think. I also like the idea of the time jump, though I am less fond of using that as a way to get Aliens and Colonial Marines into the franchise. Just let Predator do its own thing.

D88M

Souns like the best idea for a Predator movie since Predator 2.

Lost_Hunter

..... well that's a cool idea. Sounds dope, way to go Fox. Great article, lookin forward to the podcast. Predators is way underrated. Let's hope the license makes it way back in that direction some day.

Enjoy

I do not care much for the DNA aspect much . Unless for creating game maybe ? Creating a freak to hunt would have been fun maybe.

Number13

Sounds like fun. I think my only two complaints are the DNA harvesting, because that was a lame idea in The Predator and it's still a lame idea. And I don't like the idea that they were frozen for 300 years. I love AVP, but I feel Predator should have it's own story without any regard to Aliens, which is why I felt the problem I had with the Concrete Jungle video game was that there were too many Alien elements. It reminds me of a joke AVP meme I saw before meme's became a thing where Predator and Alien are staring face to face and Predator says "I wish I could quit you." Basically, for once, I'd like to see Predator without Alien references. But everything else I liked. I think what I like most was the new people dropped on and Royce and Isabelle teaming up with them and teaming up with other alien prey, that was actually based on my own PredatorS fan fiction sequel.

cplhicks27

Sounds like a great concept, I would have gone to seen it.  Too bad that this probably won't get made, but fingers crossed.

KiramidHead

So were Royce and Isabelle autistic all along?

Gentleman Death

I definitely think that'd be an interesting take. Maybe a novelized version of it will appear some day..

Perfect-Organism

Now this I could have been down with.  I liked Predators reasonably well, and I would say the film has aged well and I find myself liking it more and more.

Corporal Hicks

Just a reminder that both negative and positive opinions are welcome, as long as they're presented in a mature manner.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed