Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 206,229 times)

SiL

18 years before Alien.

Baron Von Marlon

I wonder on what level of technology the series is gonna be.
Personally I don't need no high tech but if the series wants to appeal to a larger audience I could see them using Black Mirror type tech.

SpreadEagleBeagle

So if it's indeed in the "near future" on Earth, it kind of sounds to me like it takes place a decade or so before PROMETHEUS. That's just a couple of decades from now. If that's true then that means that we won't see any widespread space colonization etc. or advanced androids/synthetics, right?

The interesting part about this is that it obviously nullifies the idea that David created the Aliens...

So what if the Derelict on LV-426 was actually found on Earth first? Buried deep somewhere. In the end of the tv show/series they find an Engineer and they manage to awaken it (little do they know that it's impregnated). It kills all the humans and xenos aboard it's ship and then blasts off into space, but as it was impregnated earlier at some point, it crash-lands on LV-426 rather than landing on LV-223. What the Engineer didn't notice is that the humans managed to plant a transmitter, or beacon, onboard the Engineer's ship (i.e. the future Derelict) - the same transmitter that sends the signal the Nostromo picks up in ALIEN.

This would make it so that there is top-secret knowledge of extraterrestrials, such as the Engineers, but as the space-faring technology is not advanced enough at this point in time (i.e. during the time period the tv show takes place), they can't trace and track, let alone follow, the Engineer ship. To them the ship and its cargo is gone and beyond reach...for now.
But the information is there, well documented, and Weyland & Co are well aware of the existence of the Engineers (and Xenomorphs) by the point the events right before and in the beginning of PROMETHEUS take place. The transmitter onboard the Derelict is glitching and sporadically malfunctioning by the time The Prometheus lands on LV-223, but somehow is giving off a few spurts of its signal, which is picked up almost two decades later (see ALIEN).

Now, wouldn't David know about the existence of the Xenomorph already by the time of PROMETHEUS and A:COVENANT, or at least have some kind of knowledge of what the organism is about? It was on Earth at some point after all.

Well, maybe, as time passed by, the focus of interest ended up solely on the Engineers and the Xenos were just seen as a bi-product or creation of the Engineers? So by the time David gets his hands on the Black Goo, he just thinks that the Xenomorphs on Earth were just some random creations and creatures stemming from the Black Goo and not a specific species per se (that may or may not be the source of the original Black Goo _or_ an ancient Black Goo experiment). Maybe, without consciously knowing it, David indirectly drew inspiration from those Xenomorph findings and documentation, but as David is arrogant, narcissistic and arguably not functioning correctly, he doesn't realize that he's kind of 'plagiarizing' as he subconsciously is following apt automations and algorithms rather than creating something new. The drawings and ideas seen in his primitive lab are just popup renderings and instructions dug out from the murky depths of his memory bank, mistaken for 'creativity' when in reality they are more like instructions tying together old data (Xenomorph data from Earth) and new data (The Mural from LV-223 and Black Goo data from Paradise)...

Anyway, just a thought.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Aug 05, 2021, 02:42:12 AM
The interesting part about this is that it obviously nullifies the idea that David created the Aliens...

Mmmm although Noah's statements have been few and somewhat ambiguous, I have the impression that he is in fact taking the prequels into account:

"They're about humanity trapped between our primordial, parasitic past and our artificial intelligence future—and they're both trying to kill us"

SiL

I think people are reading too much into it.

Immortan Jonesy

Yeah, maybe he didn't mean that at all.  :laugh:

...oh well, only time will tell.  :-\

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Aug 05, 2021, 02:42:12 AM
Well, maybe, as time passed by, the focus of interest ended up solely on the Engineers and the Xenos were just seen as a bi-product or creation of the Engineers? So by the time David gets his hands on the Black Goo, he just thinks that the Xenomorphs on Earth were just some random creations and creatures stemming from the Black Goo and not a specific species per se (that may or may not be the source of the original Black Goo _or_ an ancient Black Goo experiment). Maybe, without consciously knowing it, David indirectly drew inspiration from those Xenomorph findings and documentation, but as David is arrogant, narcissistic and arguably not functioning correctly, he doesn't realize that he's kind of 'plagiarizing' as he subconsciously is following apt automations and algorithms rather than creating something new. The drawings and ideas seen in his primitive lab are just popup renderings and instructions dug out from the murky depths of his memory bank, mistaken for 'creativity' when in reality they are more like instructions tying together old data (Xenomorph data from Earth) and new data (The Mural from LV-223 and Black Goo data from Paradise)...

Anyway, just a thought.

I like NA's theory of the black goo as a distillate from the Alien, and also an almost successful attempt to weaponize the species by the Engineers, something Weyland Yutani will try to do in the future.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on Aug 05, 2021, 05:45:30 AM

Yup. Just talk for barely interested investors to distinguish it from Star Wars, Trek, etc.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Aug 05, 2021, 06:02:05 PM
Quote from: SiL on Aug 05, 2021, 05:45:30 AM

Yup. Just talk for barely interested investors to distinguish it from Star Wars, Trek, etc.

I mean, that's what I thought at first, but Hawley hasn't indicated that it's not going to take place in a near future on Earth. Nonetheless it's still early on, so yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if the next announcement places the show between ALIEN and ALIENS or right after A3, which is what would make the most sense.

SiL

The guy's said like three things about the project since it was announced, I think it's unfair to say he's confirmed or denied anything :D

Nightmare Asylum

He's confirmed that it's gOnE wOkE! ;) :D

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: SiL on Aug 05, 2021, 09:14:10 PM
The guy's said like three things about the project since it was announced, I think it's unfair to say he's confirmed or denied anything :D

Fair enough.

Kimarhi

Near future earth could be the year 4000 if you are taking the age of the universe into account. 

Who knows what these cats are doing. 

nanison

I'm not very familiar with tv shows and how long it takes to produce one after it is announced. So when is the best guess this will be on tv?
When a tv show is announced does it mean it is already written? Or does it mean they really have to start from scratch. From what I understand they don't even have a cast yet? I suppose it could take years before this is actually shot?

Nightmare Asylum

It totally varies situation by situation – all we know here is that as of a month or so ago when Hawley gave an interview, the first two episodes had been written and he said that the aim is to start shooting roughly next Spring.

Kimarhi

Covid is going to be f**king everything up again.  We are a pretty conservative state and we are already back to wearing mask at places of employment. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed